Suggestion regarding ADISC members and promotion of ABDL businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperTed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys,

I own an an eBay store which is rapidly growing and stocking a wide variety of ABDL products. I really enjoy running this little side venture and have been doing it for a number of years now.

As a regular ADISC user, I have heard a fair few people mention their own small ABDL businesses or stores. It does not appear to be a hard and fast rule, but I think I can safely assume it would be inappropriate for users to bombard the discussion forums with promotions and links to their own sites and stores. I personally have only ever talked about my product or store if they are raised as part of somebody else's discussion.

That being said, I know that most people here are at least mildly interested in new products in the ABDL market. I for one would be very interested to see some of the products on offer by other ADISC users as there might be some real gems that might have otherwise gone unseen.

So what I'd really love to see is a specific subforum where we are permitted to link to a website, ebay store, etsy account etc, and provide a short introduction and description of the goods we sell. We could also use that subforum to promote new exciting products. Directly selling through ADISC would be strictly prohibited.

Because it would be completely separate from the mainstream discussions it would not be create bother or unwanted spam for anyone. It would allow people to browse the posts only if they so wished. Users could discuss products and even provide some feedback and suggestions to the business/store owners. Feedback is so important to business owners and ADISC members tend to be pretty willing to give it :sweatdrop:.

Of course people who abuse the subforum would be handled just like in any other ADISC discussion. Abuse it, you lose it, simple. :educate:

I'd love to hear what people's thoughts are on this. I think it could really work!

Thanks,
Ted

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
We've generally taken a pretty hard stance against advertising on ADISC for a couple of reasons:

1. The website is donation-supported specifically so that we don't have to run ads to pay the bills. There's not a lot of the internet which can keep the lights on using this model, but the fact that people actually donate enough that we can gives us a very compelling reason to be vigilant about keeping ADISC ad-free.

2. We feel being ad-free gives us a strong degree of independence that other ABDL sites do not, at least from the sense that I've gotten, enjoy.

3. We've had terrible experiences in the past from letting commercial retailers have any official presence on our forums. Now granted, this is basically about ABU, whose rep promptly ignored our moderator instructions, got banned for that (among other reasons), and then lied about what had happened in their official newsletter.

Ultimately, changing the policy in any way would be up to Moo, but I would be surprised if this is something we'd do.

SuperTed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks for the detailed response Fruitkitty. I think the donation based site works well and I donate myself. But I am not really wanting paid advertising. It's a shame that one person kinda ruined it for us smaller fish :( In regards to being ad free, there wouldn't really be any change, because those who were not interested in promotions and advertising from fellow members would never need to view it if they chose not to. Much like I never visit the sissy or furry subforums, because they don't really relate to me. It's a long way from pop up 'need a mommy?' ads plastered accross every page. What I'm hoping for is nothing of the sort. Admins would still have complete control over it. Appreciate the input

Snivy, I have to wonder if you read my post? I didn't advertise anything. It had nothing to do with dating. I'm a stickler for the rules, which is why I came here to make a suggestion. I'd like to hear people's thoughts, not be read the rules again. Thanks anyway.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Snivy, I have to wonder if you read my post? I didn't advertise anything. It had nothing to do with dating. I'm a stickler for the rules, which is why I came here to make a suggestion. I'd like to hear people's thoughts, not be read the rules again. Thanks anyway.

Don't want you in trouble ^^ If I offended you, then I apologize. And yes I did read it I think it's an excellent idea

SuperTed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Don't want you in trouble ^^ If I offended you, then I apologize. And yes I did read it I think it's an excellent idea
No, I definitely don't want troubles, lol. Thanks for looking out for me. No apology needed. Thanks for the support.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Thanks for the detailed response Fruitkitty. I think the donation based site works well and I donate myself. But I am not really wanting paid advertising. It's a shame that one person kinda ruined it for us smaller fish :( In regards to being ad free, there wouldn't really be any change, because those who were not interested in promotions and advertising from fellow members would never need to view it if they chose not to.

I agree, I use other forums that have sub-forums specifically for those wanting to promote their stock - in particular, I have one that's car cleaning products (what can I say, I love my car!) and traders have their own little sub-forum for posting exclusive deals, offers and links to their products. It's really an alternative to full-on advertising, because as you've mentioned, those who don't want to see what's on offer can just skip over to another area of the forum and forget it even exists; much like we do with the existing sub-forums that don't appeal to us.

I think, if anything, it would act as a great database for both dealers, and those of us looking to purchase. In the past week, I can't tell you how long I've spent scouring the interwebs looking for American sites that sell adult diapers cheap. On a personal note, if I knew the seller was a respected member of ADISC (or the ABDL community in general), I'd be more likely to buy - maybe that's just me, but this would create that opportunity for both parties.

Honestly, I think it's a great idea. It's done on so many forums and works insanely well, because it's all in one place for easy reference.

SuperTed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
That's a good point Dash, people might be more comfortable buying the sensitive items we are attracted to if they can chat with a fellow member and business owner first and express their concerns.

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
....and hopefully all the advertisers businesses take off and they decide to donate 10% of their profit to ADISC.

I would love to share what I do, but it is not ABDL related at this point. I do sew and have a great machine, but I have not perfected a design yet.

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Just as an fyi, Moo probably won't see the thread here. If you'd like, I can move it to Admin Stuff so Moo will see it and eventually reply to it.

As for advertising, I'm not really keen on the idea, for the reasons Fruitkitty mentioned.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Closing, since it appears that very few people are interested in this.

I alsoI really don't want to be in the position of having to regulate the marketplace - or having a completely unregulated marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.