SUGGESTION: Diaper Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Hi all,

I just this week ordered up diapers from a UK supplier, when it occurred to me how many different 'marques' and producers there actually are in our field! I'd never heard of Crinklz until a few days ago; they looked cute, decided to give them a go, and I love them... but how did I not know about them!?

We have a lot of general chat and reviews about different diapers on the market on this board.

Might I propose – in the form of perhaps a sticky thread, or similar – a Diaper Directory? An index of all adult diapers on the market, where they're available, etc... built up by member contributions, and regularly updated with new products.
I'd go as far to say as a formal review area too, but perhaps that's another level of sub-forum altogether(!)Bottom line: I daresay there are tonnes more diapers that I would love to try, but don't even know exist! A newbie to the site (and/or diapers!) may have no idea what's out there beyond their local supermarket or pharmacy.

I was ready to write a new thread about these amazing diapers (Crinklz) and how cute, comfy, etc. they are... but with a quick search I can now see, interspersed throughout the board, it's actually old news and I'm just late to the party :laugh:

Thoughts and POVs most appreciated, my friends!!
It's a real simple thing, but I could see benefit in it -- hope I'm not the only one.

D.

p.s. sorry, Mods, if this belongs in administrative stuff... seemed more fitting here!

INTrePid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I've been wanting something like this forever, even suggested something similar in a thread a few months ago. I support this 100%. How to make this happen is a more difficult question however...

Making this a sticky thread would probably be the easiest thing to do, but I don't think a thread is the right format for an index/list like this. The information would still be scattered on a bunch of different posts over a bunch of different pages. The Diaper Directory should really be an easily accessible separate page, not buried in anyone one forum or subforum. A forum thread would be great for drafts and suggesting updates and edits, but I think the list itself should be a separate page maintained by Moo or a few moderators and updated regularly. That might just be the optimal solution if it's feasible. What do you guys think?

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Thank you for your support folks, I'm glad it's not just me!

Making this a sticky thread would probably be the easiest thing to do, but I don't think a thread is the right format for an index/list like this.

I somewhat agree, an ongoing thread that folks just "add to" could turn into a 100-page thread of this and that and those – not ideal. Could it be that, whomever is charged with "looking after it" updates the very first post from time to time, as user suggestions / feedback are collated? I think I've seen that happen with some threads before, and saves going through the rest of the thread which will just be suggestions of things to add to the initial list anyway.

Alternatively, what about a single-post, closed thread that only ever has the list in it... and the OP takes feedback/alterations/etc. via private message or something?

I'm not sure if it would be a mod-only action, but if not I'd be more than happy to take on building it up and maintaining it.

Whatever happens, I think we all agree it can't just be another thread that ends up at the bottom of the pile after so long; it needs to remain a resource that's easily and constantly accessible :)

In 8 years, I never even noticed that existed! Thank you, Fruitkitty. :)

With that in mind, how have I went this long without noticing that!?
I don't want to get into a discussion about how the site should be structured (especially when I have to do that every other day at work!) but wonder if there's a way to make the Reviews (and the other subsections under "Articles") a bit more prominent and easier to find?

That's a much bigger thing, perhaps for another discussion, though... for now, given the reviews section does exist in any event (hooray!), I'd love to knuckle down how this directory thing might work :biggrin:

D.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private

Seems like a fairly comprehensive guide... at $22 I think I will pass :tongueout:
That guide seems to be particularly focussed toward IC products in the round; only a small element of which will be diapers.

I suspect they won't feature some of the more ABDL-directed brands, which are the ones I would personally like to know about in addition to manufacturers who's target market isn't the ABDL community.

We, as members of ADISC, I think collectively have a fairly wealthy knowledge of what diapers are on the market; it shouldn't be too difficult a process to collate that information to share freely via the forum :smile: in time, that same concept might spread to other items of particular relevance to ABs or those with IC (whatever those might be, sorry, I'm just a mere DL!)

D.

Allykins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Yeah the wiki didn't do so well in the past I think honestly the review section and asking diaper talk are your best better for learning the brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.