Sudden bedwetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLonDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi, I've been a lurker off and on for years as I'm kind of an inactive DL. I've been having a problem lately though. I woke up wet on a 2 of 3 days last weekend when I was not wearing. Stripped the sheets, mumbled something apologetic to my wife, and decided that I would wear a diaper to bed just in case the next night. Every night since has been a wet night. That's 8 of the last 9. I had intended to wear until I had 2 dry nights in a row, but that's nowhere in sight. I don't know if anyone can give me advice beyond the usual. I'm just concerned because when this has happened before it has been 3-5 nights over the course of a week and that was once or twice a year. At what point do I talk to a doctor?

Since you have been reading for some time, the usual: talk to your doctor. Seems that you should setup an appointment.

Last edited:
Reactions: ltaluv
It never hurts to keep your doctor informed. Even if it is something that doesn't seem pertinent. I tend to tell my doctor everything that I think may have even the smallest amount of relevance, and then let him determine what is important to act on.

But sudden wetting is something you want to tell them. Plenty of medical reasons that could be behind it.

daylight said:
Since you have been reading for some time, the usual: talk to your doctor. Seems that you should setup an appointment.
Well said!

I've seen urologist multiple times and talk to my family doctor the 15 years multiple times. bph and overactive bladder from prostate. kills me as well as i take care of self and doctors kinda act like this is what it is deal with it. so i wear off and on. Always at night because I can't stand washing linens over and over.......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200803-000825_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200803-000825_Gallery.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 34
You see your Doctor NOW, this could be symptomatic of something far more serious than bedwetting. Normally speaking someone who has been a bed wetter as a child or teen can relapse as an adult, it's normally dute to an increase in stress and eventually will settle down, But to suddenly start wetting every night is not normal. Get it checked.

Reactions: bohemian85
I would echo PCBaby on this. Did you staring to take sleeping pills or drink alcohol before bed? And please not both at the same time

Reactions: BlizzardKid
Please make an appointment with your doctor and get an urologist referal, as others have already stated bladder issues are usually caused by an underlying medical issue and some can be life threatening. in the mean time wear a diaper at night to keep your bed dry and when you talk to your doctor be open and honest with your issue.

Hopefully they can find whats wrong and its treatable and you can stop your nightime issues, but if you continue to have issues remember you are not alone in needing to wear diapers as an adult its not fun but its manageable and you get use to it.

See the DOC

If I had not seen the doctor about my bedwetting and increasing daytime incontinence I wouldn't have known I was diabetic. I had no other symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back