Strongly considering telling dad

removebeforeflight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
First post. Context. Im in college and i live at home with my dad. We have an open relationship and tend not to keep stuff from eachother and hes very understanding and has always said i can tell him anything. Id like to tell him about wearing diapers. Id like to wear mainly for comfort and a tad for sexual reasons. Id obviously keep it low with him knowing. I was thinking of just saying something like

"id like to share something with you thats personal. I wear diapers sometimes. And id rather you hear it from me then stumbling across it at some point. This is my own but if you come across something in the trash or see me in one (im not going to make it obvious) just dont think about it"

I feel like this is something i can tell him with no negative impact. I just want to be upfront with him. Please leave your thoughts

Last edited:
Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Nj200, littledreamers333 and 2 others
You do what you think it best for you. Personally I would never

Reactions: Davvyboy, BabyLink9 and lilbabyjooce
Diaperedlife13 said:
You do what you think it best for you. Personally I would never
I thinks its mainly because i live with him. Id hate having to hide it and probably get found out at some point

Without a particular need I would think he would prefer not to know.

Reactions: Diaperedlife13, buridan, Davvyboy and 4 others
Anemone said:
Without a particular need I would think he would prefer not to know.
I just know he will be concerned and itll come up eventually if he finds powder under my sink or a heavier trash. It will come up eventually is my guess

Reactions: Davvyboy, lilbabyjooce and Prillprillprill
well, its not exactly necessary but you can do whatever you feel is best for you. if he were to find out he might not even say anything, most people just want to be polite and look the other way i think. but if he is very understanding as you say it sounds like telling him wont cause a ruckus, so just do whatever feels right to you

Reactions: Davvyboy and lilbabyjooce
Don't listen to anyone else, if you think it's the right thing to do you should do it.

You're braver than I am. Also it's fantastic that you have such a good relationship with him.

Reactions: Davvyboy, TigerDL, Diapercutie and 2 others
If you have the kind of relationship that you feel like he would be better knowing than keeping it from him, I’d say break it gently. You will know in your heart when the time is right.

Reactions: TigerDL and lilbabyjooce
Welcome, @removebeforeflight. I think sometimes we feel like, because our secrets are weirder than other people's secrets, we're not entitled to them and we have to tell. Just make sure you're doing this for the right reasons. Guilt isn't a good one. Parents, really, would rather not know what their adult kids are privately doing to get off. Presumably, if you were into something a bit less exotic like prostate massagers, you wouldn't be contemplating coming out about it. If your dad showed you his toys, you'd be weirded out. Based on what you've shared, if he stumbled upon your well-hidden supplies and asked you about them, things would go well. Then, at least, you'd be able to claim that you were doing your best to discreetly indulge a kink, and that's not a bad thing to be able to claim. Discretion in these matters is a good life skill, IMO.

I wish you the best with whatever course you choose!

Reactions: LePew, Davvyboy, TigerDL and 5 others
Cottontail said:
Welcome, @removebeforeflight. I think sometimes we feel like, because our secrets are weirder than other people's secrets, we're not entitled to them and we have to tell. Just make sure you're doing this for the right reasons. Guilt isn't a good one. Parents, really, would rather not know what their adult kids are privately doing to get off. Presumably, if you were into something a bit less exotic like prostate massagers, you wouldn't be contemplating coming out about it. If your dad showed you his toys, you'd be weirded out. Based on what you've shared, if he stumbled upon your well-hidden supplies and asked you about them, things would go well. Then, at least, you'd be able to claim that you were doing your best to discreetly indulge a kink, and that's not a bad thing to be able to claim. Discretion in these matters is a good life skill, IMO.

I wish you the best with whatever course you choose!
Its not really guilt of why id like to do it. More transparency. I feel like hed have a worse reaction then if i just told him upfront. And the reason i want to tell is that theres more evidence of diapers then other stuff. Ive stumbled across his stuff before on accident and i just brush it off. But thats son to father. And it wasnt weird what it was. But finding diapers and stuff is far odder. And im not goinging to share the sexual side. Just the comfort. Because thats probably 75% of my enjoyment. If i did tell him id indulge when he was home doing his own thing and i was doing mine. Like past 8pm we dont talk much. I know if i were gay or trans id have 0 thought of telling him. Id just do it. Because hes always made it clear hes there for me. Im just hoping that this he will be too. And i think he will. Im sure hell just say you do you and keep it to yourself and i wont shit myself thinking what if he finds out.

Reactions: diaperdude
I can only write this from the perspective of a Father of 2 adult sons (soon to be 25 & 22).... I KNOW they're sexually active and have been for a long time. Outside of knowing both are straight, that's ALL I know, period. Honestly, that's ALL that I want to know. I definitely do not want to know whatever gets my Mom & Dad off and I'm certain my sons don't want to know that about their parents.

My sons and I have also always had a relatively free exchange of thoughts and ideas, especially when they were younger but still, subjects such as this were never discussed with the exception of me doing my damndest to try to answer their sexual questions when I personally thought they were a little too young for that sort of thing until I realized at how much the world has changed ever since the internet and constant access has changed the world. I began answering their questions in the most adult way I could imagine or come up with.

I mean, despite me telling every one of my friends about all of my sexual exploits from the age of 13 on, I not only never had any but knew NOTHING about actual, real life sex! I didn't want them to have to endure that either though I had seen their internet history (we only had one PC in the house at the time) and they were WAY ahead of me on most fronts anyway. Once I learned that (never disclosed BTW) I was much more at ease answering. The kink subject never came up.

This is just me speaking out loud, really, but I believe this to be pretty decent advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail
CptKirk said:
I can only write this from the perspective of a Father of 2 adult sons (soon to be 25 & 22).... I KNOW they're sexually active and have been for a long time. Outside of knowing both are straight, that's ALL I know, period. Honestly, that's ALL that I want to know. I definitely do not want to know whatever gets my Mom & Dad off and I'm certain my sons don't want to know that about their parents.

My sons and I have also always had a relatively free exchange of thoughts and ideas, especially when they were younger but still, subjects such as this were never discussed with the exception of me doing my damndest to try to answer their sexual questions when I personally thought they were a little too young for that sort of thing until I realized at how much the world has changed ever since the internet and constant access has changed the world. I began answering their questions in the most adult way I could imagine or come up with.

I mean, despite me telling every one of my friends about all of my sexual exploits from the age of 13 on, I not only never had any but knew NOTHING about actual, real life sex! I didn't want them to have to endure that either though I had seen their internet history (we only had one PC in the house at the time) and they were WAY ahead of me on most fronts anyway. Once I learned that (never disclosed BTW) I was much more at ease answering. The kink subject never came up.

This is just me speaking out loud, really, but I believe this to be pretty decent advice.
I mean i dont see it as a kind when i tell him. It would be like more of a personality or lifestyle choice. Id like to wear discreetly but freely. Not showing anything but if something were i wouldnt want him to go wtf. More like i know i wont say anything. I just want him to act normal of he sees any of that side basically. Its not just a sexual thing.

Your father's biggest concern will be if you have a medical or mental health problem. That is what he will ask. Honestly, I say this as a father. His no 1, absolute priority is to know and understand you are okay. If you think he will accept your "yes I'm ok dad", that's fine. If you think it will keep him up at night, despite your assurances, you need to assess what is actually the kindest route.

Also, if you do have an open relationship or even if he has had "thoughts" before, you may get the "is it sexual" question and you need to decide if you are prepared to answer that and if so, what answer will you give.

Reactions: LePew, TigerDL, lulu22 and 2 others
you can't unring that bell. My question is what will you & dad gain from having this information shared. Generally unless you're IC there is no need to share what happens in your pants or bedroom

just my 2 cents

Reactions: buridan, TigerDL, star and 2 others
I think the best answers you can get from this thread are the ones that tell you to trust your gut and do what you feel is right.
When I see posts like this, I feel my skin crawl a bit just at the thought of my parents ever knowing. But this is because I would never trust my parents with this information—or really any intimate information about me. That said, it’s not right for me to project the unhealthy relationship I have with my parents onto you since you’re not living in these same conditions. Ultimately we all have different levels of openness and vulnerability with our parents, and even those who may feel they are open may be more closed off to someone else. You know your dad better than any of us strangers do and obviously you have put thought into telling him—and I’m sure you have put a lot of thought into the downsides of telling him, too.
I do think it’s a bit naive to assume it’ll be a simple, “hey dad, just so you know, I wear diapers” and then done with. After initial shock wears off, there could be more questions/conversations (as people have already noted, stuff like mental/physical health). Whenever I’ve lived with my parents I’ve adapted to hiding and sneaking and while it’s an effort, it’s better than the alternative of them knowing. That’s not always the case for everyone and sneaking around can really be taxing and further feelings of this whole thing we enjoy being wrong, and especially if you already feel very comfortable and close with your father I can understand your perspective.
Trust your gut, and let us know what u decide to do! Best of luck with whatever decision you make

• Love
Reactions: Prillprillprill, TigerDL, Lattimore55 and 4 others
I think you know your father a lot better than any of us. That said, if your only fear is that he'll find a used diaper, it's sort of a six to one, half a dozen to the other. What's the difference if he finds out by finding a diaper or you telling. In the end, it's all the same: shock is shock. From what you've said, he might not be shocked at all.

When I was in college, my mom found by diapers in my bedroom. When I came home the next weekend, we had a very uncomfortable talk. Had I told her I wanted to wear diapers, it would have been the same, me very nervous and embarrassed and my mom, not accepting. So I'm glad I had all the years of wearing in secret.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
star said:
Your father's biggest concern will be if you have a medical or mental health problem. That is what he will ask. Honestly, I say this as a father. His no 1, absolute priority is to know and understand you are okay. If you think he will accept your "yes I'm ok dad", that's fine. If you think it will keep him up at night, despite your assurances, you need to assess what is actually the kindest route.

Also, if you do have an open relationship or even if he has had "thoughts" before, you may get the "is it sexual" question and you need to decide if you are prepared to answer that and if so, what answer will you give.
I think he will. When crazy stuff happened in highschool (i lost one of my friends) he asked how i was doing and i told him im genuinly ok obviously its a lot to take in but metally i was good. And that was that. He knows right now that im physically and mentally well and i feel like if i tell him i am if i tell him about diapers he will believe me. Im going to say its noy sexual in the opening. So no questions can be asked about that side

SparkyDog said:
you can't unring that bell. My question is what will you & dad gain from having this information shared. Generally unless you're IC there is no need to share what happens in your pants or bedroom

just my 2 cents
I know. I just know hell come across it eventually and id rather just be upfront then tip toeing around

Reactions: diaperdude
I told my college age daughters a few weeks ago for the same reason. They are adults and living in the same house. Opted to be proactive to avoid the surprise conflict. You can read my posts for details. It was right for me and I’m happy I told them.

Reactions: removebeforeflight
SoggyGolfer said:
I told my college age daughters a few weeks ago for the same reason. They are adults and living in the same house. Opted to be proactive to avoid the surprise conflict. You can read my posts for details. It was right for me and I’m happy I told them.
I just read it. Exactly what im going for. Nothing on the sexual side. Just that i wear for comfort and if they see anything just dont be surprised. Id like to be able to wear under normal clothing. Do you think that is pushing it? Our house isnt the biggest but i have the upstairs to myself (its just my bedroom/office and a bathroom)

Back