Strong Childhood Memories - Things That Spoke To Your Baby/DL Side While Growing Up

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
What childhood memories of things that had a significant impact on you and created a lasting memory of wanting to be like a baby or wear diapers?

Are there things that happened, movies, cartoons, stories, or other items that you experienced that spoke directly to your baby/DL side? Times you can specifically recall that you really longed for that?

My own experience - When in 4th grade, our teachers would weekly show a video episode of a PBS educational series called Inside/Out. These were 15 minutes short dramatizations of various social issues and ethical dilemmas that were meant to help young people think through the situations and determine correct behavior for themselves.

Anyhow, one episode struck me significantly when I saw it. I can still picture the classroom with the shades on the windows down so that we could see the large TV on the rolling cart with the VHS player showing the video.

The story is of a girl that is constantly getting negative feedback from others, and hears only the praise of her siblings by others and wishes she could be like them. Then she has a dream where she is given the opportunity to experience this, including being her baby sister.

Spoiler alert!! Don’t read if you want to watch it first for yourself. To tell the story she is transformed into being in her sisters baby high chair in baby attire and her mother is coddling over her, feeding her baby food. But then as her mother takes the roast out of the oven, she is not allowed to eat it and can only eat baby food. She discovers that she doesn’t exactly like this transformation after all. The lesson of the video is about liking who you are and that wanting to be someone else isn’t all you might expect.

Well, the video had such an impact on me I never forgot it, and often thought about it. This was even though I had only seen it once. I recently found it on youtube just a short while ago.

I remember watching it way back then and wishing that could have been me!

Anyhow, here is the video link. Yes... it is dated, but then I guess that means I am too lol 😝.

—If you want to just skip to the main part where she experiences this, it starts at about the 8 minute mark and is around 3 minutes long.

I would like to know your reactions to this, — but more importantly, do you have any similar experiences or things that had a similar impact on you?

Last edited:
That was an interesting video. I think it neatly encapsulates what many people would experience if they had their wish to go back to being a baby on a permanent basis, but with their more advanced minds intact. Because they have experienced so many things since they were babies, it might be hard to cope with being treated in a much simpler way. If it was ever possible to go back to being a 2 year old, I think I would want my mind to go back to that age as well...although then I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

As for the strong memories for me. The strongest are those where I remember doing a poo in my nappy when I was a baby/toddler. However, I think the incident that might have triggered the desire to be a baby for me was when I was about 5 years old. I saw a toddler girl having her nappy changed in a car park because she had done a poo. Seeing a kid who had done that reinforced my own memories of what it was like to uncontrollably let go in a nappy and I really wanted to swap places with that kid.

Reactions: Safari, pdiapered, NooNoo and 1 other person
Seeing this thread resurfaced an old memory that I hadn't thought of in years. Maybe it influenced me into ABDL, who knows.

When I was in kindergarten/1st grade, one of my classmates was wheelchair-bound and one time I can remember walking past the handicapped bathroom, which one of the teachers had forgotten to close the door all the way. For a split second, I saw one of the nurses changing her, with a package of old school (early 1990s) Pull Ups next to her. I couldn't help but think of how jealous that I was that she got to wear diapers-completely ignoring the fact that she was wheelchair bound. The thought even crossed my mind to try and get in to that bathroom after they left to try and get one of the Pull-Ups, but I never did.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
My younger brother, adopted at age 4, had bathroom "issues" most likely due to punishments when he had accidents as well as the likely reality that he was sexually abused in some of his foster homes. I was curious, and a bit jealous, that our mother spent so much time and energy trying to get him back to "normalcy". Decades later, I have IBS and if I'm not careful of what I eat or if I go over a week without eliminating, I will get hit with that severe diarrhea that comes with it. Being out in public places where I don't have bathrooms mapped out is a recipe for disaster.

Being at home, on the other hand, I can wear a Depends and feel protected. I can find pleasure when I go in the privacy of my own home. Being able to "pleasure" myself as I let loose is an acceptable thing to me now. Since I do not currently have a spouse/partner, I don't have to explain my lifestyle to anyone. Two of my good friends, both of whom are older than me, know about my IBS and are supportive of what I need to do to feel safe.

Reactions: Safari and TeddyBearCowboy
Seeing my first-cousin-once removed wetting her diaper during a change.

Seeing commercials for Pull-Ups on TV.

Watching certain episodes of Rugrats (or other cartoons with potty-training themes), particularly ''Chuckie Vs. the Potty,'' ''Potty-Training Spike,'' and ''Accidents Happen.''

Reactions: Safari, Backwords and Diaperfreak
Thanks for those who posted.

But really? Aren’t there more of you all out there that have had some sort of experience growing up that was striking enough in memory and it’s connection to your DL or ABDL interests as to stand out as something that lasted with you for a long time?

I shared the video in my original post as it was something that until yesterday I had only seen once. But, yet in perhaps 30 years of time had stuck with me. It was in my memory as a time when I was growing up and had these interests and in a non-expecting instance was presented a scenario in which I was wishing for the very thing that was being presented in front of me. I was in a classroom of around 30 others of my peers, and here was I, who wished for that, but yet dared not discuss it and believed I was the only one that might have these feelings.

It was a striking moment for me. It wasn’t that I didn’t already have these feelings, but being in a public setting and seeing this was a lasting memory for me.

Besides those who already posted, are there not others out there that have had some sort of similar experience that lasted throughout their lives?

One of my earliest childhood memories, I believe I was 4, involved distant cousins. They were babingsitting me at the time and had a baby in the house. On a dare, I put on a diaper and wet it. If I had to point toward one thing that led me back to diapers this would be it.

Ultimately, my mom came to live with them for a time and I got the spare bed in the nursery. Parents split before I would old enough to remember. So I visited my mom every other weekend. Sadly, during this stage in her life, my mom also had an abusive drunk boyfriend. That room is where I eacaped from his BS. So, nursery items, baby toys, and my own toys became comfort items. Diapers even became a way to avoid the bathroom and risking the drunken wrath of a certain boyfriend.

• Sad
Reactions: OfficialPastelPoppet
As for a longing. I can honestly say after that season in life passed it wasn't until my preteen years that the fascination really kicked in. I can recall my grandmother coming to live with us. She was diapered all of the time so we kept plenty in the house. I think having access to them really helped. I remember wanting to know what it felt like to use them. Also, the thought of being caught was exhilarating, which happened a lot. I can't say in those earlier years of exploration that I was all that aware of my desires or reasoning. So it is really hard to pick out a why.

Watching pull-ups or other diaper commercials

seeing parents friends kids in diapers or a potty chair in the living room wishing it was for me

Reactions: Backwords, KCA and CookieMonstah
When I was a kid I'd go to my younger cousins house after school and they didn't give up their dummies until they were both about 7 years old, everytime I saw them with a dummy in their mouths I'd get jealous and wish it was me 😂

• Love
Reactions: NooNoo and Diaperfreak
Pacilord123 said:
When I was a kid I'd go to my younger cousins house after school and they didn't give up their dummies until they were both about 7 years old, everytime I saw them with a dummy in their mouths I'd get jealous and wish it was me 😂
Know tat feeling and scenario.

• Love
Reactions: Pacilord123
Pacilord123 said:
I used to babysit for my little cousin. He had his bottle and pacifier till he was 6. We shared. As a new mom bought them for all 6 of my kids. They hated them so I used them. At work I would nab one occasionally. Then recently found the adult pacifier.
As a kid I slept in my crib until I was 6 we lived in a military housing and the room was too small for two beds. I didn't give it up easily. When my aunt would leave me with her don at night I would climb into the crib with him. When she came home she would wake me up, but I would tell her I didn't want to wake the baby❤. Never had the diaper desire, but today they had a package at the food pantry. I took some so tonight is the night!!!! 😇😉😴🍼🕚
Here I go. Paci in place e, bottle empty. Night night

• Love
Reactions: NooNoo
My first memory ever was getting my diapers changed at 2 years old by mom, who sang to me while changing me out of a poopy diaper.

My second memory was at about 3-31/2, I remember wearing a Toy Story Pull-up, and evening though I was starting to get the hang of toilet training, I remember pooping in it and it felt kind of nice.

In addition I had a very rough childhood with a very abusive father, sometimes he was physically abusive but most of the time he was psychologically and emotionally abusive, which hurt much more. Around when I was 8-9 I would age regress in secret and wear makeshift diapers in order to help cope with the abuse. Later at 12 I went out and bought real diapers, and since then I have been an ABDL.

I spent every friday at my grandparents house. I had regular issues with bedwetting from age 7-9 i think it was. My grandma used to always threaten that if i kept wetting the bed she would put me back in diapers. This is the only thing i can put my finger on being a likely early experience that led me in this direction. I'm sure there is other non diaper related underlying issues that could have been @ play. This is the first time i remember feeling "that way though".

Bobbysgirl67 said:
I used to babysit for my little cousin. He had his bottle and pacifier till he was 6. We shared. As a new mom bought them for all 6 of my kids. They hated them so I used them. At work I would nab one occasionally. Then recently found the adult pacifier.
As a kid I slept in my crib until I was 6 we lived in a military housing and the room was too small for two beds. I didn't give it up easily. When my aunt would leave me with her don at night I would climb into the crib with him. When she came home she would wake me up, but I would tell her I didn't want to wake the baby❤. Never had the diaper desire, but today they had a package at the food pantry. I took some so tonight is the night!!!! 😇😉😴🍼🕚
Here I go. Paci in place e, bottle empty. Night night
IT WAS AN EXPERIMENT GONE SO WRONG. I SIT HERE RED FACED IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM!!!!!! So NOT doing this again 😡😫😭😴

Bobbysgirl67 said:
IT WAS AN EXPERIMENT GONE SO WRONG. I SIT HERE RED FACED IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM!!!!!! So NOT doing this again 😡😫😭😴
How in the world did this lead to an ER visit?

My nightly bedwetting growing up certainly had a lasting effect on me.

DippyDawg said:
How in the world did this lead to an ER visit?
Literally a shit (no pun intended) storm of events. Everything was considered normal for me but went sideways together
I use a laxative protocol once a month. Took it in the morning
Took a bubble bath at bedtime. New product (? problem but not using again)
"Landscaped" while in the tub
Applied a scented lotion to my clean skin
Applied a commercially sold disposable
Had a snack of fresh fruit including pineapple and bananas (I am allergic to an enzyme in both peels but ripe mature peeled fruit dosent bu other me)
In bed tried to "use" the diaper without success so most everything ended up in the bathroom. However as some point I remember feeling it let go. Stayed in bed. A few hours later the dog went nuts. My son came in to find me covered in hives and gasping. He hit me with an epi pen and called EMS.
Doctors take is I had an allergic reaction to multiple sources which overwhelmed my already low immunity. Seem that I now need to go the route of TOTALLY organic products. No scented products. Certainly no more bananas or pineapple (horrors onlive on bananas) Cautioned to only use unscented, non chemically treated hygiene products.
Live And Learn. Theory of my life. Only I would end up in ICU for four hours for taking a dump
Feeling fine now but eont be released from the hospital until the rest of my blood results are reviewed.

Bobbysgirl67 said:
Literally a shit (no pun intended) storm of events. Everything was considered normal for me but went sideways together...
Oh my goodness! I'm sorry you're going through all this that's happened to you. Sending prayers and happy thoughts your way. Please keep us up to date.

I have unbelievably strong and fond memories of wearing nappies at my aunt's (who looked after me every day while my parents were at work). The image of her leaning over me while changing my nappy on the bed in my cousin's room, the safety pins held in her mouth, always filled me with a desire to go back to that time (somewhere between 3 and 5 years). Playing in her backyard with my cousin, in nothing but clear plastic pants worn over training pants, is another favourite memory. Sitting next to a boy in kindergarten who wore plastic pants to school every day, seeing his spare pair in his school bag, seeing the plastic pants up the leg of his short school shorts, and wishing I was him.

Reactions: abjohn, pdiapered and KCA
Back