Strollers/high chairs/car seats for the AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Has anyone had much luck finding strollers, high chairs, and/or car seats that they can fit into somewhat comfortably? I found a Graco twin stroller a couple of years ago at a yard sale, and fit into it if I fold down the front seat and then sit against the rearmost backrest, but my legs are kind of forced straight out with my feet dangling. I have not found much else that really works for these items. Having safety belts/harnesses with these would be an added bonus. If you have these items, what has worked for you?

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
We're too big for all of them, they won't hold our weight and we're too big. We're better off with handicapped items.

ElectricalEngineer

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
Agreed. Fortunately there are a few special needs pushchairs which look close to an infant pushchair and can accommodate a reasonable cross section of ABs

pinksmart

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I've been sitting here for about ten minutes trying to conceptualize what an AB car seat would look like. Oh gosh, the set up would be so bulky and silly. Your head would hit the ceiling with each bounce. :giggles: Some things are better left to the world of fantasy, honestly. We can't have exact replicas of everything we did when we were small, but we can certainly try to adapt.

You can make a high chair of your own that would be strong enough to support you, and there are some totally radical adult strollers you can purchase from medical supply companies. As for the car seat... well... Maybe a harness set up such as this would help you feel little, while also being practical: CRELLING HARNESSES

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
You can rule out car seats, but it's possible depending on your size you might find high chairs or strollers designed for special needs teens.

ryizan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Yeah, for the most part you'll have to either make something yourself or use equipment designed for someone with special needs.

Though I did see a carseat (well, a sort of carseat/booster seat hybrid) at a thrift store once. There's no way it would have fit me, but I'm willing to bet it would have fit the friend I was with. She's always been pretty petite.

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Agreed, this is probably way out there, thought I would ask and see what others had done, if anything. I like to tinker with things, I may just play around and see what I can come up with. I do think they make car seats for special needs teens, but not sure how they would work, seems like your head would hit the car roof, as noted.

pd8615

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I picked up a Maclaren Major Buggy on a local used items site for well under fifty dollars. English company originally. Not rated for my actual weight but close enough for at home use. The older ones are better as they have a higher weight rating. Originally designed by someone who worked on airplanes so very strong. I dropped the footrest to a lower height. Otherwise it is stock. Shorter and lighter people may not need to do this. Folds up very compact so can go under bed or in closet. Good choice if one is under 200 / 6'.

LeapingLela

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've been sitting here for about ten minutes trying to conceptualize what an AB car seat would look like. Oh gosh, the set up would be so bulky and silly. Your head would hit the ceiling with each bounce. :giggles: Some things are better left to the world of fantasy, honestly. We can't have exact replicas of everything we did when we were small, but we can certainly try to adapt.[/url]

I was trying to wrap my head around that as well. You would practically need to remove the entire seat you need the car seat for just for the headroom.

jayjay213

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
i've seen adlt highchairs so they do exist out there somewhere as to where im completely stumped... i'd say a special needs site would have that and something that you could modify to be a pretty wicked adult stroller the carsea though... i dunno on that one lol

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
There are car seats with a 5 point harness that will fit small adults. The largest I've seen goes up to 5'-6" tall and 130lbs. Headroom clearance for someone this short in a larger vehicle (SUV, minivan, large sedan) should not be an issue. Any taller than that and one is apparently out of luck for a car seat, though a 5 point seatbelt could be installed in lieu of the lap and shoulder belt.

T

toujoursbb

Hi
I have bought a big kid stroller and I fit in it... except for the legs... sturdy enough for my 68 kg. Did not yet use it outside... Will certainly do it once, ... at night... But I sit and lay in it quite easily, occasionnaly relax with a bottle ot my paci while my wife does other things closeby, on the occasional week-end when we are alone without the youngsters... kind of a cool feeling for me.

I already had a custom made big baby high chair (already post pictures) but it was a bit too big to easily hide and I gave it back to the person making ABDL furniture and he is currently making a custom made but smaller one with the additional value of being foldable; should get it soon, painting was the last step pending.

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Hi
I have bought a big kid stroller and I fit in it... except for the legs... sturdy enough for my 68 kg. Did not yet use it outside... Will certainly do it once, ... at night... But I sit and lay in it quite easily, occasionnaly relax with a bottle ot my paci while my wife does other things closeby, on the occasional week-end when we are alone without the youngsters... kind of a cool feeling for me.

I already had a custom made big baby high chair (already post pictures) but it was a bit too big to easily hide and I gave it back to the person making ABDL furniture and he is currently making a custom made but smaller one with the additional value of being foldable; should get it soon, painting was the last step pending.

That sounds exactly like what I would enjoy doing. I bet that is fun!

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
Well,

I've got a convaid pushchair...stroller...they are made for handicapped...which I actually am officially handicapped...

I've got a cx-18 and I'm 5'11" and now down to 228#'s

I've also got 6-point racing belts in my one car...bmw m5...it does get the occasional track day...but usually just my road car...and the belts are dot and fia approved...think they expire on 2016 iirc...

So, there are things you can do...

browne

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I know I got a pushchair/stroller but it not used offen as it big and hard to travel around with unless we go by coach or van wheres there lots of space as my change bag is massive too :)

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
The racing belts are a great idea, never even thought of that. I've done some racing in the past and have an older five point harness that would work great. Just have to find the right thing to attach it to!

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
The racing belts are a great idea, never even thought of that. I've done some racing in the past and have an older five point harness that would work great. Just have to find the right thing to attach it to!

Beware of the rules and regulations in your area, I don't think racing harness are accepted everywhere, I could be wrong but I have serious doubts, the usual racing harness suppose that the car has a rolling cage on it so the top wouldn't collapse on you in a crash, if the top could collapse on you, you're a dead man if wearing a racing harness cause your body is still in the seated position after a crash so your head is first to be hit, and I don't think you're allowed to wear a racing helmet either for safety reason which I think is required if wearing a racing harness in some cars... I'm not sure of the rules like I said, but beware of it...

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Beware of the rules and regulations in your area, I don't think racing harness are accepted everywhere, I could be wrong but I have serious doubts, the usual racing harness suppose that the car has a rolling cage on it so the top wouldn't collapse on you in a crash, if the top could collapse on you, you're a dead man if wearing a racing harness cause your body is still in the seated position after a crash so your head is first to be hit, and I don't think you're allowed to wear a racing helmet either for safety reason which I think is required if wearing a racing harness in some cars... I'm not sure of the rules like I said, but beware of it...

CodyBaby, you are absolutely correct. A racing lap belt would work, but the shoulder harness would have to be mounted to a rollbar, which street cars don't have. I think they do make harnesses that are floor mount for drag racing, but nonetheless, this application would work great for a harness on a pushchair of some type, just not the carseat.

CodyBaby

Preschooler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
CodyBaby, you are absolutely correct. A racing lap belt would work, but the shoulder harness would have to be mounted to a rollbar, which street cars don't have. I think they do make harnesses that are floor mount for drag racing, but nonetheless, this application would work great for a harness on a pushchair of some type, just not the carseat.

Yup, I didn't even think about the fact that this kind of racing harness could be used on some other stuff, like an stroller or highchair (it wouldn't be really genuine on a high chair but it can keep squirming little ones safely for the ones that enjoy the bondage experience...

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
Well,

As per racing belts and dot legal aspects...there are options for most high end vehicles...

The dot testing is done and approved in the better mfg...

They are built for that exact model of car and have the dot approval and car class tagged on them...

The biggest thing with aftermarket restraints in a road car are the airbag systems...

I drive am e39 BMW m5...and have belts from schroth racing...https://www.schrothracing.com/engineering

Check them out...

I nearly died in a car accident afew years back...so I've done much research on the topic...

That mfg has for BMW Volvo Volkswagen and Audi cars, but there are others...and at least in my BMW they mount in fairly easily...but you loose back seat seating as the belts run to rear seat for the shoulder harnesses...

As for roll bars, I've not seen many cars on the road that get crushed from the roof, minus convertibles...most stay fairly intact...

Status
Not open for further replies.