Strange way of things

Floodingpants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I only have one kidney, lost one in a car accident as a teen. I started having pain around the area of my kidney. After many test my nephrolgist told me I had ureter retrograde reflux. In short urine in my bladder refluxes back up into my kidney. He told me if this continues it would cause kidney damage so I should not hold back any urine. I told how can I do that without being on the toilet all the time. He said I could try a leg bag, but I am allergic to adhesives, it causes my to have blisters. He then said, "I guess you will just have to use diapers or you will damage the kidney and be on dialysis. I was a bit shocked. I always wanted to be required to wear diapers, but this I never dreamed would happen. I have learned that mandatory diapers can be a burden and a lot of work. I am accepting what must be.

• Sad
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, medfet878 and Jorelaxed
Floodingpants said:
I only have one kidney, lost one in a car accident as a teen. I started having pain around the area of my kidney. After many test my nephrolgist told me I had ureter retrograde reflux. In short urine in my bladder refluxes back up into my kidney. He told me if this continues it would cause kidney damage so I should not hold back any urine. I told how can I do that without being on the toilet all the time. He said I could try a leg bag, but I am allergic to adhesives, it causes my to have blisters. He then said, "I guess you will just have to use diapers or you will damage the kidney and be on dialysis. I was a bit shocked. I always wanted to be required to wear diapers, but this I never dreamed would happen. I have learned that mandatory diapers can be a burden and a lot of work. I am accepting what must be.
I have been 11 years in diapers 24/7 medically, I can help give you tips and advice, you can DM anytime.

Last edited:
Reactions: medfet878 and Floodingpants
Auto accident left me IC for life . I to tried the bag thing but a catheter got stuck in me they had to cut it out . So it’s 24/7 diapers for over 20 years . I’ve been in diapers far longer than not starting very young . It’s no big deal but one thing that helps me is diapers that have stretch sides . Stif diapers cut into me and after so much surgery they hurt . Bambino diapers has 3 diapers … Magnifico , Bianco ultra stretch all white and Bloomeeze all of these stretch very nicely so when your bending or any movement they form fit without cutting into you , that will stop any pain your dealing with. They took out 2/3 of my bladder it was ruptured so everything just drains out . I haft to check to see when I’m to wet because I can’t feel it when it’s draining out . Taped diapers cut right into my surgery area and OMG it can hurt so bad even after all these years . I do use cloth diapers in the winter months at bet time they are wonderful but are a pain to keep up with constant washing . Hope this helps 🫠🥰❤️

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, medfet878, Freddie07601 and 2 others
Back