Status
Not open for further replies.

babylea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
hi guys,

i am relatively psychich, and have on numerous accassions done some tarot readings, psycometry, dream interpretations and a few other things, i have also been on some wicket ghost hunts, but the reason for this post is for some extraudenary situations which i can only put down to being psychich, both the below involved children...

When i was 18 i began working for a nursery school, a school for 3-4 year old children, the school i worked for also catered for disabled children once a week, we would have 2 children come from a disability school to play and mingle with the other children, on this particular day we had a little boy age 5, and a little girl age 7 come. Now nothing unusual their, however, the little girl was autistic, and had never spoken a word in 5 years.. Ok so what happened..
about half way through the morning session, one of the children came up to me, and told me their was water in the batrhoom, upon investigating one of the children had plugged the sink with toilet paper, and left the water running, so the place was flooded.
Quickly and efficiently i ushered all the children out of the bathroom (it was large, had about 10 sinks, and 8 toilets) and began to clear up the mess, and mop up the water.. Now, let me be clear that i was sure i emptied the entire bathroom out and no children were in their. i even closed the door whilst i worked, less their be an accident. Anyway, as ususal when i have to do something i tend to talk to myself. and was going through a list of childrens names who could have done the deed. All of a sudden i heard a little girl say "It wasnt Me". I looked around and thier stood beside the trash bin, HIdden from view, was this 7 year old girl. i basically looked at her smiled, and said "i know, come on" and ushered her out of the bathroom..

Now let me be clear here, firstly i didnt know that she was autistic until i ended up talking with one of the teachers later that day who told me i couldnt have herad her say what she said, as she didnt speak., She must have though i imagined it, Ssecondly the voice came from the location the girl was stood.

THis was the first of two strange occurances, the second was even stranger, my friend had a little girl, she was about 6 months old, just starting to crawl.. i wasnt paying attention exactly, but she climbed up and stood holding onto my leg.. The next thing i hear is a little girl (i swear it was her) saying "i need a poo". i just shook it off, thinking it was my imagination, until a few seconds later, when she stood their filling her nappy in front of me..

i will point out that in both instances, i wasnt paying attention to the child, and i wasnt concentrating, i wonder if its some sort of abillity. like reading thoughts, when they are prominent enough, its just hard to come up with a valid explanation.

So has anyone else experience strange unexplainable occurances, i would love to read about them..

cheers
Baby Lea

No worries about being considered an odd ball. As for me, I've had my fair share of events. Psychic dreams are the most common, but I dabble in a bit of the mind reading field (by accident). So, craziest psychic dream was sadly a croak dream. It was back when my grandpa was still around. I said to him "I'm here for you, if there is anything you need to say, just say it." A month later, he's at a retirement home. One night I had a dream where I was standing over his bed at the retirement home and he was dying. He beckoned me close so he could say something. Now in my dream state I was patrolling the upper hallway of my house. My mom came to ask me what was wrong, as my eyes were open, bloodshot, and facing forward. In the dream and in real life (or atleast i'm guessing from what my mom recorded) I said "I'm worried in a voice similar to my grandpa's. The next hour we get a call that my grandpa passed away.

Another case, more paranormal than psychic, was when I almost died via a knife. I was attending a summer school gym class and we were walking back from this one lake where we do a two mile run. I was at least ten meters ahead of my group at the light. All of the sudden, some lunatic in a brown pickup throws a rusty swiss army knife out his window in my direction. It hit the curb, the cheap handle broke, and it ricochet straight at me. Out of no where I felt someone shove me on my left side and the knife missed me by a couple of inches. My teacher ran up to me and made sure I was alright; needless to say I became very popular...for the first month then everyone just forgot about me.

My roommate in college had and has, very strong ESP. We could almost talk to one another without talking. This was a music conservatory that had room after room with pipe organs. When I was practicing organ, he would always know which room I was in when he wanted to find me.

One day he was very upset, so much to the point that he was crying. He was sure something bad had happened to his mother and grandmother. About four hours later he got the phone call that his mom had been in a terrible accident in her Volkswagen convertible, having run a stop sign. Her mom was with her when they got T-boned. The grandmother was killed instantly and his mother was significantly injured. She was in the hospital for more than a month.

I have a small amount of ESP in that I can find lost objects, just not consistently. I could do this better when I was younger. My second job after college took me to Ohio where I rented a room from a parishioner who lived across the street from the church. One day I forgot my house key and when I tried to gain entrance to the house, I couldn't because they went out and locked the door. I knew there had to be a hidden key and I felt strongly it was in their double bay garage. The garage door was open and I walked into the middle of the garage and thought about the key. I then walked over to the garage window and felt at the top of the frame. Sure enough, a house key was hidden up there.

I have to add that my college friend and I were a couple. He was the one who came home with me our Freshman year with a Ouija board, and together, we brought forth a ghost playing with the board in my bedroom which was in the attic of my parents house. I've written many times about this so I won't elaborate, but weird things happen.

dogboy said:
I have to add that my college friend and I were a couple. He was the one who came home with me our Freshman year with a Ouija board, and together, we brought forth a ghost playing with the board in my bedroom which was in the attic of my parents house. I've written many times about this so I won't elaborate, but weird things happen.

I used a Ouija board with a friend of mine when I was about 12. To this day it has been correct on my future. Freaky sh*t. Like it even named my last two girl friends with correct spelling. This was over 10 years ago. And I have to believe in ESP and such. My mother would occupationally look up and go "Oh, Sh*t." I knew something was going to happen. She could tell you what was going to happen and It really would. I have seen it too many times to not believe it. One time a light in the bedroom I grew up in turned bright red, this was just a standard lightbulb, it started to glow bright red then shut off. When I turned it on everything was back to normal. Things like this happen all the time in the house I grew up in which was built in the late 1800s. I think it was haunted.

Life is such an incredible mystery and we know so little about what makes us tick. If I recall correctly, an author wrote a novel entitled "Titan", about a giant ocean liner that strikes an iceberg and sinks, killing many of the passengers. I think it was written 40 years before the actual Titanic sank and long before the Titanic was thought of, much less built.

Best possible tip, never mess with ouija boards, even if you make a protective circle and all that jazz. Resist the temptation. The knowledge is a curse with a golden trim

silentdreamer1996 said:
Best possible tip, never mess with ouija boards, even if you make a protective circle and all that jazz. Resist the temptation. The knowledge is a curse with a golden trim

I try not to ask it anything "worth while." Like: What is the weather like next week, and stuff like that. I haven't used a Ouija board in probably 5-6 years.

there are many other things that i have done,

many years ago, i got given an english bullterrier, she lived with me for 4 years, before i moved back to the uk from holland, and as such she went back to her original breeder, When they moved to uk, she came back to me for another 2 years, then i moved to a property that couldnt have dogs so she went back..

Anyway, about 6 months later, i was sleeping and had a really really awful dream, in it the dog appeared, but she was scaring me, for some reason she was a ghost.. she kept running toward me, and i would run away..

About 3 hours after i woke up i got a phone call, to tell me she had died that morning..
I still believe she came to me to say goodbye.

another strange ability i am able to complete is counting, well not exactly counting, lets say you have 10,000 items on the table, and you need 100 to put in a bag, i have the uncanny ability to pick up the exact number in a handful.. i have done this with many things, cards, envelopes during the christmas period, etc..

I also have a lot of De Ja Vu.

there are probably more but i cannot remember them at hte moment

silentdreamer1996 said:

You can bet we threw the Ouija board out. I was terrified to sleep in my own bedroom. Before I would go to sleep, I would imagine the room filled with candles, and I would mentally, light them, one by one.

I remember once waking up to find myself writing in runes. I translated them all and I was apparently writing a perverted story in runes. I tried translated them into what runes they were, but no meaning was found for the combinations

I've never come across anything 'supernatural', therefore I don't personally believe in it.

DarrenAintGradually said:
I've never come across anything 'supernatural', therefore I don't personally believe in it.

No worries, I don't either. There has never been proof of it, and every time someone claims of such a thing ,they themselves are also unable to prove it. You would think if it was so dang common, it would have been capable of being proven by now.

Hell, even James Randy is offering a million dollar to anyone who can prove it, and he has been offering it for a long time now. not single person has proven anything.

I find the issue is, strange things happen sometimes to people, and rather than going for a logical view point on the matter, they start going into a supernatural thought process because they believe it couldn't have been anything else. Nope .. incorrect, it could have been many other things .. you just don't know the answer yet, and since you don't know the answer .. you choose to fill in the blank using something with no proof.

The same goes with ghosts and crap. If ghosts where real ... do you realize how easy it would be to prove considering how many people have lived on this planet and have died. Technically there wouldn't be anywhere that isn't haunted lol.

The mind is an amazing thing, and it really makes people see things that are not there, sometimes even remember things that never actually happened. Also . .there are plenty of people willing to lie or stretch the truth to make themselves feel special. Heck, even I am guilty of that, as I am sure most are in some way.

Yeah, that's a pretty good stance to have on it. Adding some mystery to this world sort've gives it a purpose I suppose :)

brabbit1987 said:
No worries, I don't either. There has never been proof of it, and every time someone claims of such a thing ,they themselves are also unable to prove it. You would think if it was so dang common, it would have been capable of being proven by now.

Hell, even James Randy is offering a million dollar to anyone who can prove it, and he has been offering it for a long time now. not single person has proven anything.

I find the issue is, strange things happen sometimes to people, and rather than going for a logical view point on the matter, they start going into a supernatural thought process because they believe it couldn't have been anything else. Nope .. incorrect, it could have been many other things .. you just don't know the answer yet, and since you don't know the answer .. you choose to fill in the blank using something with no proof.

The same goes with ghosts and crap. If ghosts where real ... do you realize how easy it would be to prove considering how many people have lived on this planet and have died. Technically there wouldn't be anywhere that isn't haunted lol.

The mind is an amazing thing, and it really makes people see things that are not there, sometimes even remember things that never actually happened. Also . .there are plenty of people willing to lie or stretch the truth to make themselves feel special. Heck, even I am guilty of that, as I am sure most are in some way.
it sounds like cynicism has replaced skepticism in you.
as the origin of the word, supernatural, reveals, there things above the seen nature and for which we may not currently have an explanation. and it's not as though Science is above such a nature of filling in the blanks [with no proof] as the origin of the The Big Bang Theory shows. but, closing one's mind to other possibilities, no matter how illbefitting the established view, and dismissing the testomonies of others outside the circle of that established viewpoint, closes one's mind to the truth:
the cases of Croll and Lapworth, for example; the dismissal of mariner's tales of rogue waves, now proven to be true; the danger posed by radiation, now proven to be based on incorrect linear modelling; and the nature of light.
Randi isn't averse to the inexplicable, only the tricksters and chancers who exploit others. and, for the while that we're name-dropping, let's not forget that greatest of chancers: Einstein.

of course, that's not to say there isn't a bucket-load of nutters out there.

It can be proved, at least in terms of what we think ghosts are. Our local newspaper ran a picture of a ghost. There are thousands of pictures of ghosts that have been found to be legitimate. There have been a number of books published with pictures of ghosts. I have one such book with pictures of ghosts in Virginia, some which were taken in Williamsburg. In addition I know what I saw in my own bedroom. If I had been alone, it might have passed as me hallucinating, but my friend saw the same thing that I did.

ade said:
it sounds like cynicism has replaced skepticism in you.
as the origin of the word, supernatural, reveals, there things above the seen nature and for which we may not currently have an explanation. and it's not as though Science is above such a nature of filling in the blanks [with no proof] as the origin of the The Big Bang Theory shows. but, closing one's mind to other possibilities, no matter how illbefitting the established view, and dismissing the testomonies of others outside the circle of that established viewpoint, closes one's mind to the truth:
the cases of Croll and Lapworth, for example; the dismissal of mariner's tales of rogue waves, now proven to be true; the danger posed by radiation, now proven to be based on incorrect linear modelling; and the nature of light.
Randi isn't averse to the inexplicable, only the tricksters and chancers who exploit others. and, for the while that we're name-dropping, let's not forget that greatest of chancers: Einstein.

of course, that's not to say there isn't a bucket-load of nutters out there.

Believing in something without evidence at all is entirely against what science stands for. Being open to other interpretations is perfectly fine with me if there is evidence for it. Not believing in something that doesn't have evidence isn't cynicism. It's common sense.

Keep in mind I am not saying the supernatural absolutely does not exist. To me .. there are no absolutes. However, there has not once EVER been proof for it. Since there is no proof, I see no reason to believe it.

Also if you think peoples testimonies are something you should believe, that is your prerogative .. but that is unscientific. Again .. it would be a different story if they had evidence. This does not close ones mind to the truth, if anything it leads to the truth. As science has proven countless times through out history.

Again .. I will say it one more time. If there is evidence for something, I will give it a fair chance. But if there isn't any evidence... why would I bother? Sure .. they could end up being right about something ... I did not believe. Why is that a big deal. It's better to do that than to believe in something that isn't true, because that ... is foolish.

dogboy said:
It can be proved, at least in terms of what we think ghosts are. Our local newspaper ran a picture of a ghost. There are thousands of pictures of ghosts that have been found to be legitimate. There have been a number of books published with pictures of ghosts. I have one such book with pictures of ghosts in Virginia, some which were taken in Williamsburg. In addition I know what I saw in my own bedroom. If I had been alone, it might have passed as me hallucinating, but my friend saw the same thing that I did.

Not proof. There are a lot of unexplained things in pictures, but in many cases we are able to figure out it was issues with the camera exposure going wonky or something along those lines. A glare for example.

Also .. most picture that claim they where unaltered or are real .. are self proclaimed and have not actually been legitimately proven. Do you have any idea how easy it is for a person to release a book filled with ghostly images and claim they are legit? How exactly .. you tell me, how exactly do you know for sure those images are legit? The answer is you don't.

I don't rely on peoples accounts of what they saw because it's been proven to be incredibly inaccurate. They have done tests on people and shown that they can get people to believe things that never happened. They will recall memories that simply do not exist or are not accurate accounts of the situation. This is why they don't use .. she said , he said crap in court. It's hearsay. It's not reliable.

I mean . .take a look at all the UFO sighting. Videos that have been proven to be fake. Yet you look at them . .and they look freaking real to me. That's the point .. it's a hoax .. it's suppose to look real. Now with that said .. at least with UFO sighting there is more evidence than any ghost sighting. Such as the UFO sighting where not only did an entire city see it, but multiple people caught it on film at different angles.

But still, even then that isn't proof it was a UFO. It could have been .. .but we don't actually know that.

brabbit1987 said:
Believing in something without evidence at all is entirely against what science stands for. Being open to other interpretations is perfectly fine with me if there is evidence for it. Not believing in something that doesn't have evidence isn't cynicism. It's common sense.

Keep in mind I am not saying the supernatural absolutely does not exist. To me .. there are no absolutes. However, there has not once EVER been proof for it. Since there is no proof, I see no reason to believe it.

Also if you think peoples testimonies are something you should believe, that is your prerogative .. but that is unscientific. Again .. it would be a different story if they had evidence. This does not close ones mind to the truth, if anything it leads to the truth. As science has proven countless times through out history.

Again .. I will say it one more time. If there is evidence for something, I will give it a fair chance. But if there isn't any evidence... why would I bother? Sure .. they could end up being right about something ... I did not believe. Why is that a big deal. It's better to do that than to believe in something that isn't true, because that ... is foolish.

Not proof. There are a lot of unexplained things in pictures, but in many cases we are able to figure out it was issues with the camera exposure going wonky or something along those lines. A glare for example.

Also .. most picture that claim they where unaltered or are real .. are self proclaimed and have not actually been legitimately proven. Do you have any idea how easy it is for a person to release a book filled with ghostly images and claim they are legit? How exactly .. you tell me, how exactly do you know for sure those images are legit? The answer is you don't.

I don't rely on peoples accounts of what they saw because it's been proven to be incredibly inaccurate. They have done tests on people and shown that they can get people to believe things that never happened. They will recall memories that simply do not exist or are not accurate accounts of the situation. This is why they don't use .. she said , he said crap in court. It's hearsay. It's not reliable.

I mean . .take a look at all the UFO sighting. Videos that have been proven to be fake. Yet you look at them . .and they look freaking real to me. That's the point .. it's a hoax .. it's suppose to look real. Now with that said .. at least with UFO sighting there is more evidence than any ghost sighting. Such as the UFO sighting where not only did an entire city see it, but multiple people caught it on film at different angles.

But still, even then that isn't proof it was a UFO. It could have been .. .but we don't actually know that.

Except you haven't seen the pictures, nor the camera nor made any attempt on your own to prove or disprove. Please don't misunderstand, I'm not busting on you. I understand what you're saying, but the existence of ghosts is not going to be proved or disproved on this thread. The only thing I would suggest is that if you reject photographs and film as all being doctored, then you aren't much different than Republicans disavowing global warming saying that scientists have doctored the evidence.

Ghosts aren't going to come to you. You have to go to them and that of course is very difficult. I could suggest 123 Pine Street, Toms River N. J. because that's where my experience was. You could go to a grave yard with a camera late at night and take pictures. Maybe you'll get something and maybe you won't. That's why there are so many people who don't believe. It's usually a very rare event. I've never had a paranormal experience in the house where I now live, and the previous owner lost a son when the kid was playing train dodge and lost.

It's okay to not believe, but not to discount other people's experiences. I'm not ready for the loony bin quite yet...haha.

dogboy said:
Except you haven't seen the pictures, nor the camera nor made any attempt on your own to prove or disprove. Please don't misunderstand, I'm not busting on you. I understand what you're saying, but the existence of ghosts is not going to be proved or disproved on this thread. The only thing I would suggest is that if you reject photographs and film as all being doctored, then you aren't much different than Republicans disavowing global warming saying that scientists have doctored the evidence.

Actually .. there is a huge difference because in global warming you can test the evidence yourself and see it's all legit. You can't really do that with images. It's why there have been so many hoaxes that have fooled many people and even scientists... for a long time and then eventually found it was fake because the person admitted to it.

I don't need to see the images, because there is no way I could tell you if they where real of fake, and neither could you. It's why it's usually not good to use it as proof. Now if you couple those images with video, sound, and many angles and such. That makes the evidence more credible. Still not proven though. I don't think you realize this ... but in the world of science .. it takes a lot of evidence to actually consider something proven.

Here is the other issue. These claims of ghosts and such. Scientists do actually go to check these places out. But nothing ever happens. Are you telling me ghosts are aware of scientists and jsut decide to not show when they are around? Seems a little too convenient if you ask me.

dogboy said:
Ghosts aren't going to come to you. You have to go to them and that of course is very difficult. I could suggest 123 Pine Street, Toms River N. J. because that's where my experience was. You could go to a grave yard with a camera late at night and take pictures. Maybe you'll get something and maybe you won't. That's why there are so many people who don't believe. It's usually a very rare event. I've never had a paranormal experience in the house where I now live, and the previous owner lost a son when the kid was playing train dodge and lost.

It's okay to not believe, but not to discount other people's experiences. I'm not ready for the loony bin quite yet...haha.

I think it's perfectly ok to discount other people's experiences. As I said ... it would look bad on me if I decided to just accept it because it's unscientific. It would make me a hypocrite to not believe in ghosts but for some reason to count someone else's ghost experience as legit. Ya .. sure show me the proof .. and I will believe you. It's really that simple. Until then .. all I can do is discount it.

How about psychic dreams? I have had three of them that have come true.

- dream 1: Grandfather's death
In the dream I was standing over his bed, he looked weaker than before. He asked me to come closer so that he may convey a message. He utters the words "I'm worried". On the clock nearby, it reads 2:27 a.m.

In reality at 2:24 a.m. my parents found me walking up and down the hallway of our house with my eyes open, facing forward. When asked what was wrong, I was told I replied by saying "I'm worried". We got a call shortly after at 2:29 a.m. that my grandfather had passed away. He was not expected to pass away for another two months.

- dream 2: best friend's father's death: My best friend's father passed away back in 2011
In the dream I see a graveyard, it is the graveyard near my house. Before me lies a gravestone. I hear what sounds like a heart pumping, picking up speed as it goes. As I walk closer to the headstone I hear the grandfather clock from my friend's house chime 12 o'clock midnight and hear a raspy voice call out my friend's family's last name, as the heart beat stops abruptly. It is now clear out and I see my friend's father's name on the gravestone.

In reality: the night I had that dream, my friend's father passed away from a tragic heart attack. He had no known prior heart issues. This caused his siblings who were left out of his will to accuse his wife of poisoning him, even though she never would do such a thing, so that they, the siblings, could get his fortune. His son, my friend, had been up late that night playing Halo Reach with me and after I logged off, he told me the next day he heard his dad tossing and turning in his bed around midnight, to which he thought his dad was having a nightmare.

Dream 3: the knife and the close call:
(Dream took place one week prior)
In the dream, I was standing at an intersection, the rest of my class a couple yards behind me. As the light turns green, letting the cars ahead of me go, I see a knife come flying at me. It is mere second away, I feel pressure on my left side of my body, and the dream ends.

Reality: In the summer of 2011, I took a summer school gym class as to get out of having to take it during the school year. For each of the three weeks, we had to go to the nearby lake and run around it (1.84 miles). After the second trip there, we walked back early. Now as for me, I had some reserve energy left behind so I had kept a somewhat fast pace ahead of the rest of my class. I got to an intersection, and I felt something was off about it. Next thing I know, a man in a brown pick up, rolls down his window and chucks a knife at me. It bounces off the curb breaking the handle, allowing he other blades to become free and heads right at me. Before it hits me, I feel what I can only explain as a shove on my left side and I stumbled. From what my gym teacher witnessed, he said it passed a mere two inches from my left arm. I was almost in shock about this. When we returned to the school, we reported it in to the school and then the cops. The lunatic who chucked that knife had apparently assaulted someone early with it and was on the run.

interesting..

Cheers
Babylea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back