strange irc goings-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I got disconnected from irc and subsequent attempts to reconnect via ADISC toolbar link kept getting:

[23:28] Connecting...
[23:28] Logging in...
[23:28] -sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org- *** Looking up your hostname...
[23:28] -sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org- *** Checking Ident
[23:28] -sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org- *** Found your hostname
[23:28] -sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org- *** No Ident response
[23:29] Not connected
[23:29] You match the signature of a known spambot so this is a just a probe to check you aren't. If you're a real human, please ignore this!
[23:29] -sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org- If you are having difficulty connecting, try typing /QUOTE PONG 2125740449
[23:29] Error : Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (Ping timeout)
[23:29] Disconnected from irc.blitzed.org

I am going to set up mirc and try again... but in case this is anything you should know about ie the problem is to do with the link on the forum rather than one to do with me/my isp/etc here is my latest log. When I was originally disc from irc there was no more information given in the disconnect message. I copied this to flash & Fullmetal had not seen anything like it either.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Can I move this to administrative stuff, to see if anyone else is getting this error?

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Sure; there's nothing revealed there I should worry about. I noticed there was not a flood of irc-ers going into flash to say they were disc from irc. Also, I noticed there were a couple of giant netsplits I was not part of so I guess they were going through a different server than me and this may have something to do with it. One new member is from Alberta; he may or may not also have had the problem

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Moved to administrative stuff. Please post if you are having the same issue.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
well... it might be that someone using your ISP is a known IRC spammer. It's happened to me in the past. They blocked my entire ISP from conntecting for something like a month. I complained a lot... but noone seemed to care.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
My isp is a very big cable provider... I may have to call them...

AlexRianSabaw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Little, Carer
Follow the directions the IRC server gives you

[23:29] -sausage.tx.us.blitzed.org- If you are having difficulty connecting, try typing /QUOTE PONG 2125740449

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
I just signed on without a problem; the issue seems to have cleared itself up.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It happened to me once because I wanted to check if the thingie to register a nick worked by typing a fake email/password and a random complicated nick, and it just kicked me out. I just didn't know how IRC worked... ^^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.