Story Topics Discussion

R

RainbowShy

Could this be story potential or is it too much? I'm curious because I really think it might work. I need a change of pace from How I Became an Adult Baby. >< Like, if you have ways I can improve on it, then I would love that.

I'm setting it near my hometown. However, I still haven't decided where she's going to live. When I lived in Maine, I lived in the middle of nowhere with very little resources. We had to drive several miles to a walmart in another town. >< So, I'm not sure where to place her just yet. I don't know any places very well other than Madison/Anson or North Anson. Bar Harbor would be too close to Seawall Campground too. I want it to be a far enough distance away so that money would be somewhat costly to go camping.

Any ideas to make this better are truly appreciated. You are welcome to PM me if you think you can help. I also don't have a title for it yet either, so I could use help on that as well. (I copied this from my blog, which I saved as a draft in case posting here proved useless lol.)

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I wish you would stick you the ones you're working on instead of starting new ones and leaving them unfinished. Also is Olivia autistic too?

R

RainbowShy

I wish you would stick you the ones you're working on instead of starting new ones and leaving them unfinished. Also is Olivia autistic too?
Well, you can blame that on my ADHD. I really wish I could, but it's an impulsitivity kind of thing. x_x

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Funny, you change 2/3 details (not so babyish, father away but not dead, remove the camping part) in your description of Olivia and you got my cousin ^^'

Anyway, dealing with disability and ABDL is always kinda borderline and it highly depends on what you want to convey to your audience. I mean, some writes story for pure entertaining or to indulge some of their fantasy. this is probably NOT what you plan to do. So, you have to ask yourself what are the goals you have for such a story. With the plot you describes, I saw the abdlness just as a background template for a more touching story about handicap. (Usually, stories where ABDL was not the focus of the story are the best In MY Opinion because writers have clear goals for their story and it goes off the classic themes you saw)

Thing is, handicap is a sensitive problem. You'll have to take your time to set everything in place. Like how is Olivia everyday's like, show the positive as well as the negative. If one of those is unbalanced compared to what you want to present. You will end with a depressing story when the reader will think "oh poor Olivia" or, on the other end, a too positive story when handicap is not a big deal and that wouldn't be good either.
People will know that she has difficulties in life, you won't have to remind it too often.

but, honestly when I read this :

"Her dream is to find someway for them to go this summer. The only problem is how limited her abilities are. There are many obstacles in her plans to attend Acadia and Seawall. All she wants is to enjoy her favorite time of the season after her dad's passing."

I honestly want her to go and do her best. I want to see her struggle, to fight, maybe get some help, meet some seemingly impossible problems to go against and finally...succeed (?) well that would be your choice.

With this kind of story, go with a slow pace, Dilute the information you gave here in several chapters. We don't need to know all the details of her conditions right away.

And about the "I'm not sure where to place her just yet. I don't know any places very well other than Madison/Anson or North Anson. Bar Harbor would be too close to Seawall Campground too. I want it to be a far enough distance away so that money would be somewhat costly to go camping."
I don't live in the US, so I won't be of any help BUT just with google try to find some great camping places and see what towns are in a good distance for your story. You can even use your plot for this. Maybe, they are going to THIS specific camping place (which is a bit far) because after all, that was where her father always took the family. And the tradition kinda stuck after his death (?)

Anyway, good luck with your story and don't take all my advices into account, you're the author, you have the pen (or the keyboard, or the tablet) to write Your story.

R

RainbowShy

Funny, you change 2/3 details (not so babyish, father away but not dead, remove the camping part) in your description of Olivia and you got my cousin ^^'

Anyway, dealing with disability and ABDL is always kinda borderline and it highly depends on what you want to convey to your audience. I mean, some writes story for pure entertaining or to indulge some of their fantasy. this is probably NOT what you plan to do. So, you have to ask yourself what are the goals you have for such a story. With the plot you describes, I saw the abdlness just as a background template for a more touching story about handicap. (Usually, stories where ABDL was not the focus of the story are the best In MY Opinion because writers have clear goals for their story and it goes off the classic themes you saw)

Thing is, handicap is a sensitive problem. You'll have to take your time to set everything in place. Like how is Olivia everyday's like, show the positive as well as the negative. If one of those is unbalanced compared to what you want to present. You will end with a depressing story when the reader will think "oh poor Olivia" or, on the other end, a too positive story when handicap is not a big deal and that wouldn't be good either.
People will know that she has difficulties in life, you won't have to remind it too often.

but, honestly when I read this :

"Her dream is to find someway for them to go this summer. The only problem is how limited her abilities are. There are many obstacles in her plans to attend Acadia and Seawall. All she wants is to enjoy her favorite time of the season after her dad's passing."

I honestly want her to go and do her best. I want to see her struggle, to fight, maybe get some help, meet some seemingly impossible problems to go against and finally...succeed (?) well that would be your choice.

With this kind of story, go with a slow pace, Dilute the information you gave here in several chapters. We don't need to know all the details of her conditions right away.

And about the "I'm not sure where to place her just yet. I don't know any places very well other than Madison/Anson or North Anson. Bar Harbor would be too close to Seawall Campground too. I want it to be a far enough distance away so that money would be somewhat costly to go camping."
I don't live in the US, so I won't be of any help BUT just with google try to find some great camping places and see what towns are in a good distance for your story. You can even use your plot for this. Maybe, they are going to THIS specific camping place (which is a bit far) because after all, that was where her father always took the family. And the tradition kinda stuck after his death (?)

Anyway, good luck with your story and don't take all my advices into account, you're the author, you have the pen (or the keyboard, or the tablet) to write Your story.
Well, I'm thinking of taking away the incontinence issue. Maybe she just wears them at night for bedwetting instead. In order for her to be incontinent, it'd have to be a realistic reason like an injury to her spine, a disease/disability (not what she has now) or due to an accident she had. None of those things apply to her. I don't know if it could relate to stress because of her father's death taking a toll on her but... yeah. I don't want to load her with a dozen disabilities that I know little about (not counting the autism, anxiety/depression and dyspraxia). I thought of her maybe having a mild form of hypotonic cerebral palsy, but that might be a bit of a stretch there. Not much is said on that type that I can find.

I did change the details some. Instead of them always going there before her father's death... I figured it could be a dream of hers because she wants to see the ocean. Her parents planned this trip nonstop until her father became sick with cancer (maybe) or some other condition where it was progressive enough to cause him to pass away. I haven't decided on that yet, but I do have a couple things in mind.

KatherineB

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Not to derail the thread, but on the issue of story topics, I always find that I tend to write about the same few things over-and-over, or variations on those themes. I find these themes also reflect the particular leanings or interests I have, which makes sense. But it does evoke another question: Why do you write about particular topics?

For me, the stories are cathartic. My DL-ness is something that I am always trying to reason through, and cannot find an explanation for (besides the events of my early childhood, my health problems, etc. . .). Writing often helps me look at these things from outside myself, perhaps giving myself a more objective view of what is going on in my head. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

EllieMarieBinx

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I haven't quite written a story in awhile because I've mostly been concentrating on roleplays and text adventures to tell the backstories of those roleplay characters using a program called Quest, which is handy for a writer who wants to make an interactive story. I was actually thinking about translating a character's intro story that is a text adventure game book into an actual, feasible story, but due to the seriousness of the story I am not sure how to start it off or explain enough about my universe for people to get my stories because my universes are unique to me, and I make everything from scratch. Not only that, but the genre is science fiction and furry. I used to play these alien furs as DL-type characters, but lately I've shied away from that. I might bring it back if I choose to write it here in the thread, though, so I will decide on that. Not sure it would be of interest to anyone, though.

@KathrinB I actually do have the same problem, but maybe in a different way than you do. I find myself constantly re-hashing the same characters and the same stories over and over again until they are right where they need to be. Our similarities, however, lie in that the things that we write about have an underlying meaning to them as well that means lots of things to us in terms of subject. Repeating a topic that you are writing about can improve your writing style, so long as you aren't making multiple submissions of the exact same story in the exact same place you put it the first time. Wish you luck on future writings!

M

Maxx

I've only done 3 diapers stories.... but in each I took real life people or incidents and wrapped a story around them. Diapered, of course.

Vince (posted here, lost in the purge) started with a real life "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" a long, long time ago. Add the thought, "what if she wore diapers?" and the story pretty much wrote itself.

The wrap-around continuation of "Vince" that became Resurrection started with a real person, "Carly", who was in fact a bedwetter. I always wondered if she might be a diaper lover.

Another story on another forum began when someone posed the question "why aren't there any stories about black AB's?" The mental image of a black female friend of mine popped into my head and I was off to the races. No, she wasn't an AB as far as I know, or even kinky in any way. I'd bring it over here except that there's too much adult content. Its not even close to fap fiction or anything like that, I just don't think the story would work if I brought it into PG13 compliance.

TheWolfEmperor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm looking for people who have been through an appendectomy.

I'm doing research for a story and I need personal experiences to draw upon. As much detail as you are comfortable with. Specifically what I am asking about is where and when were you when you experienced the symptoms? How long did it take you to go from experiencing the first symptoms to waking up in the hospital bed post-op. Was there anything unique about your situation? What was the hospital experience like for you?

Any and all information will be useful as I am working on a short story that involves appendicitis, from the point of view of the patient. But if you're a healthcare worker who has dealt with appendectomy patients in any capacity, that will be helpful, too.

All responses will be treated as confidentially, so if you wish to PM me, that's fine as well. Thank you ahead of time. :)

CinnaSwirls

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Little
Alright, here's an idea I'm considering for this site. I'm wondering if there are plenty of people on here that would be interested about a Glaceon, dressed in a cloak, usually a red one, and underneath it is a diaper. She's bladder incontinent, and she keeps it secret by any means necessary. Of course, avoiding swimming, suspicious behavior in general, suddenly having to go home after a few hours... other Pokemon might have a different idea to explain this. One idea I've been throwing around is someone could mistake her for a witch, with the Glaceon not wanting to prove she isn't, as to prove she is not a witch would be to prove she is incontinent.

Generally, no one knows if we wear diapers, but Pokemon don't typically wear clothes. I would have to throw her into some situations for setup.

Would anyone who is incontinent be willing to share their behavioral aspects? I mean, I think eventually mos incontinent people eventually stop worrying about anyone finding out, but this character... has not reached that stage yet.

RJDodger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
So, question thats been at the back of my mind for awhile- is fanfiction allowed on this forum, or does it have to be wholly original? I can't find anything explicitly saying it isn't allowed, but I haven't seen any fanfics posted here either.

ZetaSonic

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Anyone know of stories about people in an opposite-sex relationship that involves diapers or baby stuff?

Just curious.

M

Maxx

Anyone know of stories about people in an opposite-sex relationship that involves diapers or baby stuff?

Just curious.
There are lots of stories here (and elsewhere) with romantic boy-girl plots and subplots, and naturally, diapers. If you're looking for something more graphic or titillating, remember that there's a PG-13 standard here, so anything more adult than kissing can only be implied.

ZetaSonic

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
There are lots of stories here (and elsewhere) with romantic boy-girl plots and subplots, and naturally, diapers. If you're looking for something more graphic or titillating, remember that there's a PG-13 standard here, so anything more adult than kissing can only be implied.
Any recommendations?
Doesn't have to be titillating.

M

Maxx

Any recommendations?
Doesn't have to be titillating.
There are quite a few, and I haven't read anywhere near all the stories here.

Raquel's Wish, Summer Nurse, Jason and Charissa all have romantic elements, as does my own Resurrection. I also wrote Tonya on another site a long time ago. I think it's still in their archive. I'd bring it over here, but it would be a lot of work to dial it back to PG-13 and I'm not sure it would still work as well if I did.

ZetaSonic

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thinking of rewriting this idea for an ABDL character in my game... but I don't think anyone would be interested. I am, after all, me.

The main character isn't an ABDL, but one party member is.

I'm not sure if she should be open about it (with a village she leads) or go with her being closeted, not wanting to talk about it. In the former, they're an Amazonian group who routinely defend themselves against attacks from a town that hates them because of who they are. In the latter, the subject just never completely outgrew baby stuff and kept it to herself.

Which sounds better?

I just don't want the only we'd be known to be from "that one CSI episode".

kerry

ADISC Stories Mod
Staff
Role
Little, Incontinent
Thinking of rewriting this idea for an ABDL character in my game... but I don't think anyone would be interested. I am, after all, me.

The main character isn't an ABDL, but one party member is.

I'm not sure if she should be open about it (with a village she leads) or go with her being closeted, not wanting to talk about it. In the former, they're an Amazonian group who routinely defend themselves against attacks from a town that hates them because of who they are. In the latter, the subject just never completely outgrew baby stuff and kept it to herself.

Which sounds better?

I just don't want the only we'd be known to be from "that one CSI episode".
My current goal is to write mainstream stories that happen to have IC characters in them. As to ABDL characters, I haven't pushed that envelope. I say go for it. And if you're going for it, why not go all the way? Make her loud and proud!

downtide

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I have noticed that most of the stories here are teen or YA stories, with most characters being teenagers. Trouble is, at fifty, my teenage years are a distant and hazy memory and I don't think I can realistically write characters of that age.

So my question is; is there any interest in older characters, say in their late 20s or 30s? Or would nobody bother to read?

Also - is there any interest in non-ABDL stories? Just regular fantasy fiction or science fiction.

kerry

ADISC Stories Mod
Staff
Role
Little, Incontinent
I have noticed that most of the stories here are teen or YA stories, with most characters being teenagers. Trouble is, at fifty, my teenage years are a distant and hazy memory and I don't think I can realistically write characters of that age.

So my question is; is there any interest in older characters, say in their late 20s or 30s? Or would nobody bother to read?

Also - is there any interest in non-ABDL stories? Just regular fantasy fiction or science fiction.
The answer to all questions is, I think, absolutely yes. I am currently doing a complete index of all of the stories on the site, and I can assure you that there are many stories featuring adult characters here as well as many SF and fantasy, some of which are indeed non-ABDL.

downtide

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Thats great. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk