arlindo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
So hey, I’ve been thinking about buying a pacifier for some time. Not only because I’m into this kind of stuff, but also because I have what I think it’s called oral fixation (I know this term and psicanalisis are polemic, but even though I’m not really sure about what lead to me to develop the habits chewing stuff, this is the word that I think it describes best). I figured it would be easy to hide and it could also help me with that - for the lack of a better term - condition.

However, I was really anxious about buying it. I could easily stop at a pharmacy on my way back from college, but the thought of having to choose one and pay for it with the cashier was not a pleasent one (in my country we don’t have auto-check out, and even if we did, we buy baby stuff at pharmacies, which I’m not sure use them). I was afraid she would judge me, because I’m not really old enough to be a father (I’m 19, but look younger), and other stuff such as running into people I know and having to explain why the fuck I’m buying a pacifier.

Welp, the year is ending, so I decided I had to buy before the end of the semester, which will be this friday. Not really sure why I have imposed this to myself, but fuck, it worked. Today my sister would arrive late from school and I could be alone at home for some time. I joined all my forces and entered the pharmacy.

I immediately went to the baby eisle, heading to the pacifiers. My heart was beating really fast, I was legitimately worried. There wasn’t a lot of them, which definetly made the choice harder: since they were a bit more expansive than I thought, I was pressured to choose the right one. Eventually, I’ve chosen this blue binky with little birds and a ring and headed to the counter, paying for it without problems, aside from the anxiety, and rushed home.

When I got there, I cleaned the pacifier and tried it out. Boy, it was sure... something. It was REALLY soothing. Sucking my new binky definetely calmed my nerves. It was a bit small, since in the middle of that anxiety I chosed one for babies younger that 6 months, but it was really great. I used it for about 30-45 minutes until I cleaned again and hid it.

However, now it’s been some time, and I noticed my palate was kind of sore near the teeth, where the binky’s nipple would pressure. Do y’all think this could evolve to a problem? Should I be careful about not using every day, maybe once a week or once a month? What about cleaning? The first time I bathed it in hot water, but the second I just used regular water from the tap. Should I worry about it, since I already put pens, pencils, and others in my mouth on a regular basis?

Anyways, thanks for reading my story, really appreciate it. And any answer could help :)

Reactions: Dpr21, bbbinkie and rainbowrudy
Hey there!! I’m proud of you for working yourself up to get one, it is nerve racking at first. The reason your upper palette is sore is because the pacifier is much too small for your mouth, and this can evolve into bigger problems like screwing up your teeth.

You’ll be fine if you use it only for a little bit every other day or so though. What I recommend is getting an adult pacifier, they’re only like $8 USD on Amazon, and if you wanna message me I can recommend more places!

Reactions: arlindo
stinkyraccoon said:
Hey there!! I’m proud of you for working yourself up to get one, it is nerve racking at first. The reason your upper palette is sore is because the pacifier is much too small for your mouth, and this can evolve into bigger problems like screwing up your teeth.

You’ll be fine if you use it only for a little bit every other day or so though. What I recommend is getting an adult pacifier, they’re only like $8 USD on Amazon, and if you wanna message me I can recommend more places!
Thanks! It might not seem like q lot, but it was a huge deal for me. I imagined it was because of its small size, but decided to wait for confirmation.

I might have to wait a bit to buy an adult one, because the dolar is really expansive right now, and with the international shipping it could easily surpass 100-150 reais (my country currency), and I’m not really comfortable on spending that much money... Besides, I’m afraid my parents or my sister would receive the package and discover it all. If I find a local production or the situation here gets better I might consider, but thanks for the advice :)

Hey that's awesome and congrats on finally getting one, pacifiers are very relaxing and calming.

The soreness is normal, I've experienced that myself and I've seen other similar stories. It may take a few weeks but your teeth will get used to it and I haven't heard of or experienced any permanent damage or tooth movement; you won't become buck toothed.

If you happen to seek out a new pacifier look for the 36m (month) ones, they are a bit bigger and much better than the 0-6m, 6-18m... and I've found that the cherry shaped nipples are better than the flat orthodontic ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back