Story categories

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I was looking for a story to read a little bit ago, but I didn't really know what was what. So, I just ended up not reading anything after all. It wasn't that I didn't like the ones I skimmed over, but I just didn't feel like reading them at the moment. Example.... if you want to read a story about cavemen, then you don't pick up a murder mystery (unless it's about Ötzi the Iceman)

Maybe I could have looked around longer, but.....

It's not evident what all the stories are about by the titles. I think people should post a short summary of what their story is about or there should be some kind of tagging system.... for example, -BFUR- for babyfur stuff, -SCIFI- for sci-fi stuff, -DL- is an obvious one, -RS- for realistic story, etc. And a story can have more than one tag.

Those are just some examples I made up on the spot, so it doesn't have to be exactly like that, but I think it gets the point across. :thinking:

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Come on people.... doesn't this idea make some sense? Won't it help you figure out which story to read? :sweatdrop:

F

FullMetal

No, I think it makes lots of sense but I have no say in the matter and Moo is very busy with everything so I do not think he will implement it at the moment but I could be wrong. I would say wait a little bit before brining this up again just because there is so much going on, wait until things calm down a little bit.

FullMetal

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well we now have the tags option. Maybe the author, or the readers can go edit tags with what they feel the story contains. Then you just have to scroll down and look at the tags. Thats something we can do - and not bug Moo about. :)

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
why don't we as users implement our own system after each story titles simply ad a parenthesis with a code for whatever the story contains(in the thread title) Like: I like pie(i,e,a)

where each letter means something though im not a author so i can't really say anything. we could come up with our own letters or use another popular sites codes like:

<MA> Male Main Character
<FE> Female Main Character
<MA/FE> Male & Female Main Characters
<FU> Furry
<WD> Wet Diapers / Accidents
<MD> Messy Diapers / Accidents
<FD> Forced Diapering
<MR> Mental Regression
<AR> Physical Age Regression
<RO> Robots / Diapering Machines
<PN> Punishment
<FF> Fan Fiction
<MG> Magic / Supernatural
<N> Non Abdl content
<MC> Mature Content

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Why not use the thread tagging system (a new feature in 3.7.0) for this?

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Good new feature! Might solve the problem! :D
Just need people to start tagging the stories so people who haven't read them yet know what they're about.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
No one is tagging their stories or stories they've read.... :(

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Make a good post about it in there. It'll be read by the right people too. (We could even stick it if deemed necessary)

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I could let people use the new thread prefix system too, if that would help.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Blake: On the bottom there is a little box with "tags" on the right you have a button 'Edit Tags'. If you aren't the tread creator you can only add 2 tags if you are the thread creator you can add up to 25 tags.

Shippo: Hold your mouse over the little tag icon on the right

About the prefix system, That'd mean that you could only use 1 prefix. You can add 25 tags though and I don't think you can do with just one prefix. But I don't read the stories a lot so if others disagree...

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Ok, it's working now. I don't know why it wasn't before. :confused: But it's okay now. Thanks.

Still.... we need to get people to go back and tag their stories and the ones they've read.
Make a good post about it in there. It'll be read by the right people too. (We could even stick it if deemed necessary)
So I should make a topic on the story board?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
I think that'd be best. I'll stick it (unless a forum mod disagrees of course)

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I think this is a very good and useful idea. I'd like to know what I'm going to read before I actually sit down and read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.