Storms/Tornadoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
So last night we had some wicked storms here in the midwest (Chicago suburbs) and tornadoes touched down in towns about 20 miles southeast of where I live. Freaked me out a bit and there was a lot of damage. So my question is, do storms freak any of you out as much as they do me? I know some people that love watching the rain and of course there are those storm chaser people. Crazy, if you ask me. What do you guys think?

E

Error404

I'd be a storm chasing geek if I wasn't a computer geek. I totally love all and every storm. It would be nice if it were a storm that took my life infact. Poetic irony considering I'm a Gaian who believes the weather is a massive part of purification of this planet.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
The only time storms scare me is when i'm in the middle of something and then BOOOOOM! be thunder.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like storms UNLESS I wake up to them. when I wake up to them I get scared, but after that and any other time I LOVE them!

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
You're such a girl, Mandi! Being scared of storms, sheesh!

(This coming from the man who has the same problem; I wake up in the middle of a night to a clap of thunder, and it scares the living heck out of me!)

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Naw, storms are awesome! Unless it interferes with something I'm trying to do, then I get mad.

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
In my area we also had a big storm, even the power was out so i had no internet during the rest of the night. The winds was very rough, the winds had blown off a roof top and had flipped over a car (from what I hear).

Anyways, I use to be very afraid of storms mainly due to the thunder so I know exactly how you feel especially about tornadoes. At a young age I would usually see my whole family outside in the garage looking at the storm and I would be inside the house alone and scared. I eventually came over my fear at the age of 8-10. I'm not sure how I came over it but my sister had helped me out a little by taking me to the basement a couple of times to take cover, aftrer those couple of times I lost my fear. Now I take walks on rainy days especially during a strorm with down pouring rain. I guess those walks is a way for me to loose my stress.

Just so you know your not alone with your fear, I know a lot of other people your age that have the same fear so I understand how you feel.

Last edited:

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
After living in South Florida for most of my life, i've been through many hurricanes and they always interested me. They were always dark like the end of the world and just constant wind and rain. They were actually kind of exciting.

Worst one i've been through was Hurricane Wilma.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Storms? Whats that?

What we get mostly is rain.

I do rememeber a tornado touching down about a year ago. It was 10am and I was still asleep. Next thing I know. BAM! House shook like a mother****er.

Then fell straight to sleep again. About 4pm woke up. Then asked what it was.

D

daria7483

I love storms! Thunderstorms are about the only thing that make summer tolerable for me. (Tornados and hurricanes are cool too but the threat of property damage makes them a little less desirable.)I would love to work for the weather channel and get to chase tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, whatever. But I'm such a homebody, I'm not sure if I'd like the frequent travel involved.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I enjoy a good storm, though not a big fan of the prospect of being hit by a tornado. It is cool to watch the lightning streak across the sky.

Princess_Mandy

Est. Contributor
I like the rain but I absolutely hate tornado's and storms! I've live in Alabama all my life and theirs never a time when we have rain with out tornado's or at least Sever thunderstorms. This year has been the worst of all. We went through a pattern of having a tornado warning at least once a week for about 4 weeks in a row. The peek seasons for us is Nov-DEC, then Feb to the end of may. Alabama has to be one of the worst states for tornadoes.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Interesting fact - in my lifetime I know of two tornado's to have hit my home town of Birmingham. Both hit within 1km of my current school at that time and both hit while I was on holiday.

Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I used to have a really severe phobia about storms where it got to the point that I was scared of wind. Then one night we had a really big storm, there was lightning going off constantly (like by the time one flash ended another one started) and the sky went green and at that point I guess I had a nervous breakdown and just got over the whole phobia that night. Now I actually enjoy them. Heck, I was in the tornado that tore up a chunk of downtown Atlanta a few months back and I thought that was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Though admittedly the coolness of it all faded away when I had to start taking detours to go just about anywhere and a lot of good restaurants closed down for a awhile.

CiviChriSi

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I love storms :) Esp thunder storms. I'll sit and look out my window and watch lightning. Once when I was on vacation in Florida to see a shuttle launch (and got a VIP tour hehe) and there was a tropical storm and i sat on the beach with the huge waves crashing =P I know.. i know.. I'm crazy. HeHeHe

B

BabyGirlBo

Oh yeah, we had some pretty bad ones down here-trees were down everywhere in my home town, and big ones too. We lost power for quite some time, actually. I live in a small town, so I've heard of a couple of people who've had trees go through their homes. I dunno if a tornado actually went through, or if it touched down briefly, or even if one came at all, but there were some damaging winds, if nothing else. Was a bit nerve-racking, but still kind of exciting, ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:

paddedhawk

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm in a tornado warning right now. doesn't really effect me that much. they're kinda fun to watch.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
A heavy thunderstorm just blew through here a few min ago,in this house you can hardly here it, if it wasn't for the thunder and lightning I wouldn't have noticed it.

That and the directv went down for a few min.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I like storms UNLESS I wake up to them. when I wake up to them I get scared, but after that and any other time I LOVE them!
I'm... exactly the same way.

A tornado ripped through downtown Atlanta, right where the Thrashers play! It also affected the CNN Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.