Store Brand diapers size 7 and or 8?

XLdiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone know of store brand diapers in size 7 or size 8? Any store brand Nappies in the UK in size 7 or 8?

Dollar General has a size 7. They are as tall as GoodNites L/XL, but a little bit narrower.

There are a few Size 7s these days besides Pampers, but AFAIK there aren't currently any Size 8s that arent Pampers

There was 1 out of Kuwait? I think it was called Darling? But not readily available anywhere else and the only way you can get the brand is through an exporter for a really expensive price; Size 8s if someone has them would cost an even higher price

For Size 7 you have Dollar General, Parents Choice (Walmart) I think Up and Up (Target) has size 7 as well ; those are the only ones I know about; but really unless you are extremely small Baby Diapers and Bedwetting Diapers are not really practical.

I think there was a size 7 United Colors of Benetton Diaper before as well; but from what I can recall I think they stopped making them and when they were available were hard to get and Expensive.

I guess it's better than nothing, but even if they fit you need to be careful in using them and will only get so much out of them; a good ABDL Diaper (even some Medical Style Brands are good) are still the best you can get if there is a way for you to get them and if you can afford them.

Idk what the UK has though besides Pampers (up to Size 8, which haven't hit the US Yet AFAIK)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail
BabyTyrant's composed a good digest of available options. Of these, Cruisers 7 and Parents Choice 7 are the only ones I've tried. It's always worth mentioning in these kinds of discussions that "size 7" is, and has always been, mythical. When Pampers introduced it, it was the same size as all of their other size 6 diapers. Those size 6 diapers then got smaller. Size 7 even got smaller, but has lately been restored to its original size.

Just to set expectations!

(Although, despite the rather grim prospects of "fitting" into these diapers, I still find it fun to makeshift and mod with them.)

Last edited:
Yes that is completely true as well, size 7 always has been untrue to what a Size 7 should really be (noticeable size differences until you get from size 6 to 7 and then there is almost no difference at all)

It is basically a marketing gimmick to try and sell parents on "bigger Diapers" for kids that are late to potty train and perhaps have some sort of physical/mental disabilities.

List it as being bigger and they can sell parents less diapers for the same price for a bigger profit margin

Last edited:
What size do Costco’s Kirkland go up to?

Osthagen said:
What size do Costco’s Kirkland go up to?

Only 1-6, no 7 (yet)

BabyTyrant said:
Yes that is completely true as well, size 7 always has been untrue to what a Size 7 should really be (noticeable size differences until you get from size 6 to 7 and then there is almost no difference at all)

It is basically a marketing gimmick to try and sell parents on "bigger Diapers" for kids that are late to potty train and perhaps have some sort of physical/mental disabilities.

List it as being bigger and they can sell parents less diapers for the same price for a bigger profit margin
And it is sad that companies use these marketing gimmicks. I do not mind companies making money, but I do wish they were trustworthy and cared about their customers, but not to the point, that the customer is always right.

Last edited:
12srepaid said:
And it is sad that companies use these marketing gimmicks. I do not mind companies making money, but I do wish they were trustworthy and cared about their customers, but not to the point, that the customer is always right.

I have also noticed the back of Pampers these days gets really thin with not much fluff or SAP and if you compare most Size 6 Diapers to Size 6 Pampers you will probably notice several inches of material at the back of other size 6 Diapers that Pampers doesn't have; that sounds like you should expect other diapers to absorb more; but it's not as if I have done any quantitative tests to see for sure and real world tests are different than results you would probably get in lab tests.

But yeah it is basically a giant game to fool consumers into thinking the diapers are quite a bit bigger and that I know they are not (at least its untrue in Pampers case)

I believe HEB in Texas also has a size 7.

Several stores in the US have store brand size 7, dollar general, heb, target and walmart.
Wal-Mart's UK branch Asda might be about to release a size 7 nappy as they are revamping there little angels line-up, currently they have 'day & night pants' in 2 sizes, and if you search there grocery site for size 7/8 nappies the pants are listed.
Tesco have 'Junior Nappies', an extra small adult nappy, made by ontex.
Mercedonia in Spain have a similar product, but made by tena.
German chain Rossmann have a size 7 nappy in there babydream range.
And Swiss co-op stores have size 7 pants.

There's are some other makes of size 7 from mexco, the US and northern europe that are not store brands.

Back