Stocking up and filling up your closet

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
With the summer approaching, I've been diaper shopping (disposables). Over the first quarter of 2023, a lot of my favourite products are out of stock in medium, or in some cases like the NS Supreme Lite, disappearing altogether. So when my substitute for outdoor products like the Tranquility SlimLine briefs become available for example, I have been buying extras ASAP to prepare for the coming months. The problem with this is having to keep a larger stock in the closet.

Anyone else working thru supply chain issues?

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and littledreamers333
Never did have any chain supply as of yet ! I do keep around 4 bags or so of diapers on hand .

Reactions: Edgewater
I actually try to get down with my stocks, i "use out" several types i don't want to use any more, i will not buy them again - "simplify your diaper."

Next month i will restock with the types i like to use, but as far as i can tell, this will be no problem.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and Edgewater
Pino said:
I actually try to get down with my stocks, i "use out" several types i don't want to use any more, i will not buy them again - "simplify your diaper."
That's what I normally do. But with summer coming, my protection requires that I use better products when away from home, especially with the threat of diarrhea. When I'm out for 3-4 hours, or longer, I need a good plastic backed diaper.

A lot of my suppliers where I get breaks on shipping, are often out of medium size when I need to order. So during certain windows of time when they do become available, I have to jump on it and order them. Otherwise, I'd wait. And to get breaks on shipping, I have to order extra.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Pino
Just got my ordered yesterday of Pink , Tie Die and 2 bags of White MagaMax diapers from North Shore !

That is a great idea as what you are seeing has the potential of becoming very serious! Any ripple in container ship activities in the South China Sea and availability will become very limited or at least spotty.

I have been very lucky as my U-IC has been very stable and that helps. That said, I have also increased my on-hand volume and also incorporated cloth diapers, which is much easier to do with U-IC.

Reactions: Neroforte
I get 14 packs of tena maxi active fit delivered every 3 months from the NHS and then i uaually buy 10 packs of attends boosters, along with some larger boosters and 6 packs of tena ultima active fit at the same time. My girlfriend is always buying more rears or her favourite is the pink northshores. (I think we must have about 9 packs of those in the cupboard, lol ) so yeah, we have a massive haul of nappies in our house. Lol.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Edgewater
I keep several packs of diapers and pullups in my closet and put them in my diaper drawer in my dresser as needed.

I have diapers and pullups for all ages in the closet since my mini me is a bedwetter. From adult xlarge to adult medium and small and you large and xlarge pullups. Might have some larger size baby diaper left over. If he has someone staying over, we make sure to ask if the child has issues with staying dry and needs diapers.

I've been stocking up on pullups using FB market place. I've acquired about 200 for less than a $100.

I've exactly 3 sorts of diaper in stock: Attends Flex (10) for daytime use, Tena Proskin Maxi for nighttime use, and Tena Flex super as a very thin one I use for sports or if I need for what reason ever something absolutely discreet.
As soon as my stock of one of those gets below to a three weeks need I reorder those with a full box. I use different suppliers, before reordering I check the prices and order where it's cheapest. Of course I also receive regular newsletters from all of them, as soon as I see that one on my preferred ones is on special sale (what happens from time to time), I'll order a reasonable amount.

I ordered about 60 diapers the other day. Been stocking up alot!

I have a monthly 2 case order with Northshore for megamax (80 diapers) and then periodically order cases from Rearz when there is a sale. When supply issues came up a year ago, i found myself stocking up just in case. Now i have about a years supply on hand, which was not intentional, but it is what it is. I can postpone a monthly shipment when it makes sense and dont have to jump on every sale that comes along.

I bought 14 cases of Confidry in April.
That's just over 1,000 diapers.
Since I try to wear cloth diapers at night and on weekends, the Confidry supply should last me just over a year (about a case a month).

I will take a break buying more diapers until late summer, then probably start stocking up on Megamax as my replacement.

• Love
Reactions: diapeybabybrian and Edgewater
Yeah I stock up a lot too I hate been short in diapers

I did a huge (like, really huge) order on Black Friday and I still haven't depleted the stock! However, I think I'll need to do another order in a month or so.

Reactions: Edgewater and Neroforte
The longer I've been 24/7 the more pragmatic I've become about not running out of my favorites... Add on to that the rare sales and I'll stock up! I *think* the most I've had is around a six month supply... Space and $ hasn't been an issue, it is funny seeing a closet full floor to ceiling with diapers!

What does kinda suck is the number of diapers I have which aren't currently my preferred ones... They're not not bad diapers, just not my go-to - so tend to sit there for years, maybe only intentionally using up one pack a month... I probably just need to flat out stop using my favorites until make a better dent in the old stock!

In my experience, I've got 4 different diapers for different reasons:
1. Daily wear, up to 8 hours, around 5,000ml ISO rating. (Bambino Red Bearons, unofficially just discontinued.... Ugh) 5000 seems to be the sweet spot, not too thick to be uncomfortable and wear full time and very rare I'd find myself pushing the practical absorbancy even if only changing 3 or 4 times a day.
2. Temporary / low absorbancy diaper for when I need a change now, but know I'll be changing it again soon (preschool plastic)
3. Workout diaper, thinner between the legs for better movement with less chafing (bambino bianco or classico, or Tena slip maxi)
4. Super absorbent thick for nights out drinking when don't want to worry as much about changing... (Varies, haven't settled on one but have several available, critter caboose, Tykables puppers are good ones)

I could probably settle on just having daily wear (because 5000ml ISO is more than usually need) and workout diapers... But variety is fun too! And they're almost all printed ones because medical / plain looking is boring!

Supply even before the pandemic has been an issue, so keep and eye out for sales and being in stock and my inventory is never less than two months, although to be fair there's a lot of older ok diapers in there that need to be cleared out... If running out, will pay full price for a case at a time and if on good sale lots of cases.

Reactions: anton and Edgewater
I usually keep a pretty good stock of diapers in my closet, but I’m getting really low on a lot of the stuff from Rearz and InControl that I have. Megan, safari, alpaca and critter caboose. Last month I stocked up on Tenna active Ultima because I knew they weren’t gonna be restocked anymore but I’m getting to the point where I don’t wanna blow through those too fast because I can’t replace them. so I will probably end up getting a lot more in control original or even possibly going back to abena and four, just something to wear around the house when I’m not out and about. Although usually that job falls to the free crappy diapers I get from Walmart. I seem to always forget that there’s sales at certain times of the year like right now when I really don’t have the money to put a couple of cases on a payment plan because I’m still working on paying one off and it sucks so I need to mark down some months in my calendar for next year to make sure I can take advantage of sales.

Well just did a restock today even though I’ve got at least 2 months worth left of both
60 Better dry large or 4 packs of 15
176 Tena active fit or 8 packs on an every 8 week reorder schedule

I keep at least 4 months supply (500 diapers) on hand at all times. Keep my cupboard full + multiple cases in the storage room as delivery delays etc do happen frequently and do not want to run out.
Keep about 100 in my cupboard

Attachments

• 20230527_120346.jpg
    20230527_120346.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Neroforte, Edgewater and NappiedTruckDriver
Back