Still waiting for summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I look at the thermometer every morning and wonder when ummer is going to get here. We've had a very long winter and a very late summer - even by northern Ontario standards. Temperatures here are barely inching above 5 degrees.

Back in April we had T-shirt weather for about three days straight. Then it got cold again. Then at the end of May/beginning of June it was warm again for a week and a half, even HOT some days (25 degrees).

I'm sick of cold weather. I want the cold waters of Lake Superior to heat up so I can go swimming. I want the days to be warm enough to go swimming in my friend's pool. I want to jump on my trampoline with no shirt and ride a horse naked. But most of all I want it to be summer.

I can't wait for global warming to hurry up so it'll get tropical up here.

So what's taking so long?

Role
Private
I look at my thermometer and wonder when Winter is going to get here.

I've been relatively comfortable wearing just a t-shirt and jeans.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's been hot here some days (feeling like 100F)...But winter was pretty warm too...So I guess global warming is already here ;D

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
For the past few days its been 95* F 36* C its friekin hot!!! But luckily tomarrow is the last day in my un-air conditioned school. =]

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I don't have a/c in my apartment...so if it never gets hot that'll be fine by me! I'm not terribly fond of hot weather.

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
been of and on here in old blighty .. one day its about 25 degrees and really sunny, the next its bleak and pouring down with rain.

Last edited:

Woollyneck

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Other
Haha, the weather has been dipping its feet into the triple digits for the past couple weeks here in Texas. It's not perfect, but it's much better than Winter (even Texas' "mild" Winters are way too cold for me).

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Summer was slow getting here in northern Pa. but it's here now, I can't stand the cold and still have some of my winter stuff out in my room, just incase it changes it's mind.

Even the trees and bushes that would have bloomed in mid may are behind the times, I have a bush in front of my house that should have bloomed in early may, it's just now has flowers on it.

Delta

Contributor
Role
Private
Approaching exams are a clear sign of good weather arriving!!!

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
My area was under a heat warning over last weekend, its hot and it is not as fun as you'd think.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
triple digits sound fine to me. here in seattle it's barely gotten up into the sixties (which is like 20 C iirc) and it's been so cloudy and rainy it feels like the goddamn dead of winter.

climate change is real. 0_0

EDIT: school soda? o_O

Woollyneck

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Other
I'd take hundreds over sixties any day. Cold is just miserable. If I have to wear a jacket to be comfortable it's too cold for me.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Now I'm really sick of this. It's June 16th and we're firing up the wood stove.

Freakin rediculous. It's green and beautiful outside, but it's cold as hell. I don't mind the cold when it's supposed to be cold, but after an unusualy long winter? No. I can't handle it.
Is there any logical explenation for this crap weather?

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's is suppose to be on the colder side here this week highs near 70 , we only had like 2 weeks of HOT so far this year.

Unless it's going to be a looong summer I think were in for a lousy year, last year it snowed before the leaves were off the trees, and this year the HOT is really late.

I feel for you up in canada, I often tought of moving there, but the weather ins't much to my likeing....

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Is there any logical explenation for this crap weather?
Yeah. Sorry about that. We'Ve been hogging all the hot weather lately. Maybe we can trade some rain for sun - the farmers are getting worried about their crop already.

Peachy

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
You bastards!

I'd trade rain for sun any day. I havn't seen the sun for two months. Literaly. It's disgusting.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Well, it has been extremely hot, we've been having july/august weather, this early. I've been swimming all last week, its cooling down though. Only got up to 80F today. Supposed to get down to 50F brrr...

Woollyneck

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Other
50º at this time of year would just about kill me.

What I don't get though, is that here in Texas, people like the cold. It baffles me. I'm never comfortable when I go to other people's houses or even school, because they keep it like a damn tundra inside. My friends laugh at me when I wear my sweatshirt to school even when it's hot outside like they don't even realize that it's in the effing neagatives inside.

I hate the cold. It's better for running than hundreds, though, I admit.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The last two weeks of school we were in the upper 90's. Now we've been in the 70's. I've actually enjoyed the break. I hope to get some yard work done before were in the 90's again. My family will be going to our cottage in Ontario, so I'm sure they hope the temperature will go back up so they can enjoy the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.