Sticky 'Happy Birthday' Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
What'e everyones thoughts about creating a sticky birthday topic for giving well wishes (and cake.) for members birthdays rather than creating individual topics which'll clog up the boards. Members birthdays are few and far between so they won't necceserily be active for a very long but still, for convenience sake? :dunno:

I reckon it would be a small but meaningful addition to the forum.
Pressuming it is created & possible should posts made in the topic be included in a members overall postcount? As it doesn't take a significant amount of imagination to wish someone a happy birthday.

Last edited:

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think it's kind of nice to create a special topic for someone on their birthday. the board is 99.999% clutter anyway, so a little extra doesnt hurt. ;)

F

FullMetal

I think that would be cool, but where would you like it? Off topic, so everyone could view, or only in the members forum, so it is more in the community.

FullMetal

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Monkey, you little mind reader you! I was thinking about this last night, while laying in bed, lol! Not a sticky, but a thread!

I like the idea very much so, and I really like the idea of having it in the regulars forum. That way people may feel more safe and open about talking what they did for their birthday, seeing as how newbs can't see the posts.

Role
Private
Aww... and I wanted to feel special on my birthday when someone makes me my own topic...

*kicks dirt and pouts*

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think there's one particular occasion in which personalized topics are really okay, and that's birthdays! Everybody deserves a little special attention for their birthday.

Think about it: If people are allowed to make individual "I'm new" greeting topics as opposed to putting them all in one sticky, what more harm would ibe done by ndividualized birthday topics? What if there are ten birthdays on one day, and all of the topics on a collective birthday thread get cluttered and nobody knows who they're about!

A birthday message always gives someone a smile -- and if that's all it really does, then it's worthy-enough of its own thread than most that already exist!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
The thing with birthday threads is the fact that it's personal. When I saw that one made for me like half a year ago it made me feel really happy. You could say that that's me putting too much value in this (or any other) forum but I think that's the good thing about it all. it shows that you aren't unnoticed. Having it all in a single thread makes it all so normal and not special. It removes the personal character of those threads. Even if you make a post personally addressed to a person.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm with Monkey on this, it sounds like a good concept.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I like to send PMs to people on their birthdays (in other words, I want to see a full inbox on August 9th :p).

But I also think that having a topic made for you on your birthday is really cool too (so someone has to make one for me, decide who gets the honour amongst yourselves :p).

So yeah, personalised threads are cool when it's for your birthday. I don't really see a sticky having the same loving effect.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I used to do that too but I somehow lost that (very good) habit along with the 'reply to all intro threads' habit. Both good habits. The replying to all intros took a lot of time and wasn't really rewarding. so I guess that that is a reason.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think there's one particular occasion in which personalized topics are really okay, and that's birthdays! Everybody deserves a little special attention for their birthday.

Think about it: If people are allowed to make individual "I'm new" greeting topics as opposed to putting them all in one sticky, what more harm would ibe done by ndividualized birthday topics? What if there are ten birthdays on one day, and all of the topics on a collective birthday thread get cluttered and nobody knows who they're about!

A birthday message always gives someone a smile -- and if that's all it really does, then it's worthy-enough of its own thread than most that already exist!
:whs0be:

*tries to add something but can't find the words* x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.