Stickies into a majority vote decision.

What dost thou think, o residents of the board?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I think that since most of us have enough brainpower to decide what should be stickied and what should'nt, we should make it like a majority vote thing.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Stickies usually have a use, rather than merely just being popular threads. Example: "Have you ever told anyone?" thread was stickied not just because it's popular, but because it saves people from making lots of little threads about having told somebody, and the thread always gets remade anyway.

Plus with majority voting I see a lot of people wanting their own threads to be stickied, so that leads to disagreement... and what to do when there's too many stickies? Vote some down? I don't like the idea of swapping stickies, or having stickies that are just popular. Popular threads stay on the first page anyway.
Whereas "AB/DLism in popular culture" is a good sticky, but weeks may go by where there's nothing to add.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I mean, a mod or someone else puts up a poll on a thread that could be a good sticky, and then they wait about a week.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
But if the mod thinks it could be a good sticky, then why doesn't he just make it one? If people complain, or it proves to be a bad idea then he can just reverse it.
(Equally, if a thread looks as though it should be a sticky, and people post suggesting that it should be (with reasons), then a mod can make it one)

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I think it's a good idea. Nice thread.

I personally would vote for Diaper Talk to have 1 or 2 more stickied threads, maybe RedApple's "What diaper are you wearing right now?" or my "YOUR Stash!", the two biggest active threads in said forum.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Actually "YOUR Stash!" would be a good sticky, but I daren't sticky another of Kovalchuk's threads lest people think he's slipping me cash or something. :p

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
So.... Wanna test this theory out for the sake of science?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Stickies usually have a use, rather than merely just being popular threads. Example: "Have you ever told anyone?" thread was stickied not just because it's popular, but because it saves people from making lots of little threads about having told somebody, and the thread always gets remade anyway.

Plus with majority voting I see a lot of people wanting their own threads to be stickied, so that leads to disagreement... and what to do when there's too many stickies? Vote some down? I don't like the idea of swapping stickies, or having stickies that are just popular. Popular threads stay on the first page anyway.
Whereas "AB/DLism in popular culture" is a good sticky, but weeks may go by where there's nothing to add.
This is my opinion on this, charlie just worded it first.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

Charlie said all I was going to say.

Popular threads aren't sticky material. *shrug*

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]As someone who ran a forum for a while, my thoughts on this subject are:
1. Qualifications for a sticky = a. Important or useful reading and b. Likely to end up on page 2 or further down.
2. Popular thread = Not likely to end up on page 2 on a small or medium forum (eg ADISC)

Therefore, in most cases popular threads do not NEED to be stickied so popular votes = lots of unessecary stickies. However, if they are truly important, the mods/admins will probably sticky them anyway.[/font]

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
No. As much as I love democracy on a forum, the staff is more than capable of deciding which threads to sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.