Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I have a cold and I bought some sterilising tablets so I can clean them when I have a cold or if I get one off the streets before I use it.

Does anybody else clean their pacifiers in sterilising solution? How often do you do that? I just think when I have a cold is reasonable

I've recently started using Tommee Tippee sterilising wipes on mine.

I bought Milton sterilising tablets that you use in cold water

That seems like a lot of hassle just to do dummys

i just use good ol soap an water

If I have a cold or I am sick, I think it's a good idea, plus it gives the baby feel seeing them get sterilised and coming back all clean and mank free

I just use antibacterial soap and water before each use

Microwaving it will kill any germs, just don't do it long enough to melt it.

I would think that just a through wash would be enough even with a cold.

Unless you have some medical issue, then it may pay to be extra careful.

I would think adults with a normal immune system shouldn't have any problems with just a through wash.

I just mean get the germs off, I have no medical condition that says I have, just think it may get rid of my cold faster to get rid of the germs that were on my pacifier

Angelic said:
I just mean get the germs off, I have no medical condition that says I have, just think it may get rid of my cold faster to get rid of the germs that were on my pacifier

Nope. Unfortunately keeping your paci clean won't help clear up your cold faster seeing as the common cold is a virus.
Believe it or not there is no cure for viruses.
What cold medicine does is mask the symptoms so you feel less poopy until the virus has run its course and goes away on its own within a couple weeks.

Still continue sterilizing your pacis though. It won't help cure the cold you have, but it will help keep other microbial nasties away from your mouth.

I actually never thought of that, since I don't use my dummy that much, but it is a good idea, lol. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back