Steampunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragarach

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
SO I have a growing desire to see if I can be artistic and I have become fascinated by the Steampunk genre. I was wondering if anyone else on here was into Steampunk art?

I have started designing and gathering pieces for a clockwork bird that will sit on a top of a small desk clock and complete one flap of its wings every 20 seconds on the hour and half hour marks, plus a demonstrate lever tucked into the base and on a separate gear, clutch and spring.

I will be using three linked springs to gather and hold the power for a 24 hour run between winding.

Would love to talk about the tech side with anyone else who digs this kind of art.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Can't help you with the tech side of things but I do love steampunk art. Please post photos of your finished product.

ultrapampers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It sounds like a great project. I love steampunk art and literature, and contributed to a really cool steampunk art exhibition here in Seattle called Flux Capacitor (some pictures here: Reaction Designs Metalwork).

I can't help much with the mechanical parts, but if you ever decide to do a piece with electrical/electronic elements, let me know.

Have you read "Boneshaker"?

Fragarach

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It sounds like a great project. I love steampunk art and literature, and contributed to a really cool steampunk art exhibition here in Seattle called Flux Capacitor (some pictures here: Reaction Designs Metalwork).

I can't help much with the mechanical parts, but if you ever decide to do a piece with electrical/electronic elements, let me know.

Have you read "Boneshaker"?

Thanks for the link and I am going to start Boneshaker next week. I am also planning on doing some steampunk Mods to my Motorcycle. Check this thing out: Steampunk Bike.jpg

onecho

The Reluctant Lord of Liminal Space
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
I really have nothing to add, but I just found it funny that this came up in the forum, as I only found out about this genre via my daily wikipedia-surfing a couple days ago. Sounds quite interesting and I'd be intrigued to see what you some up with. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.