Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have a friend who plays on steam a lot. His computer went out. He is currently building a new computer. How does he get steam games install on the new system. He did save the require registration number or digital CD Keys. Does he have to pay for re downloading games?

Thanks

The games are tied to his Steam account. when he logs in, they will all appear in his library ready to download. There is no fee to re-download.

Once a game is activated on Steam that's it, you own the copy and you can download/reinstall it as much as you like. If he had any saves though, that depends if those games support Steam Cloud. Those that do he'll likely keep the save files, those that don't, they'll be gone unless you can get them off the old harddrive.

arcituthis said:
The games are tied to his Steam account. when he logs in, they will all appear in his library ready to download. There is no fee to re-download.

Thanks for your help on this! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Programmatic said:
Once a game is activated on Steam that's it, you own the copy and you can download/reinstall it as much as you like. If he had any saves though, that depends if those games support Steam Cloud. Those that do he'll likely keep the save files, those that don't, they'll be gone unless you can get them off the old harddrive.

Thanks for your help on this! :) I will email him tonight. I let him know about the steam cloud and save games on his old hard drive.

Ugh I hate steam.. The registration thing is annoying when you have a physical copy of a game and want to use it on more than one account.

Milko said:
Ugh I hate steam.. The registration thing is annoying when you have a physical copy of a game and want to use it on more than one account.

That is true too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back