State of the Union Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Who watched this last night? I don't usually watch those kind of things but with this election year I'm trying to be more involved (even though I won't be able to vote until the next go around). I enjoyed it, and found myself clapping on more than one occasion...now I know this (by the laws of nature) will turn into some kind of debate, so let's keep it clean and mature eh?

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What is it about? I don't watch much shows since I have basic TV...

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's not a show, it was a speech that the President of the US gave last night during prime time. It's just a speech that talks about immigration, the war, taxes, etc.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I didn't watch it, but Bush does make some good speeches for how stupid he apparently is.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
He doesn't make them, he has speech writers, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that he didn't mess up too many times. There was some pretty powerful stuff in there, and it was hilarious to see the room divided in half when he would make a very republican-biased statement and half the room was standing and applauding while the other was sitting quietly.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
He does, but he also has some input on what goes in. Otherwise we'd have a case like Ron Burgandy.

Customizer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I didn't watch it, but Bush does make some good speeches for how stupid he apparently is.
Nawww, really? :) He keeps hyping his "No Child Left Retarded Act," but I have typed out such tests before for database application for school districts. The tests are BORING and lame. Dubuya is so fake and stupid it is flabbergasting. O_O

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
He does, but he also has some input on what goes in. Otherwise we'd have a case like Ron Burgandy.
True, he does go through and make some adjustments...

Nawww, really? :) He keeps hyping his "No Child Left Retarded Act," but I have typed out such tests before for database application for school districts. The tests are BORING and lame. Dubuya is so fake and stupid it is flabbergasting. O_O
Yay controversy!

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Please. He's miles smarter than the average American that criticizes his brains. It's scary how stupid normal people are.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I always think that the State of the Union address is a good thing. Sometimes I don't agree with some of the decisions that are made, but at least making the people aware of them and detailing the intentions of the world's great "Citty on the Hill", as Winthrop once put it, helps let us know what's happening around us!

I always find the State of the Union addresses captivating and interesting! They are wonderful pieces of speech-work, and regardless of what anyone thinks of Bush, it does take an experienced orator to deliver a speech such as that.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well the speech delivery itself is moot compared to the content, specifically for SotU speeches.

-I dislike the idea of the economic stimulus package. It seems to little to late, and rings to much like the tax cuts that were just free money to rich people and did jack squat for the economy.

-Iraq...well I'm not going to even touch that.

-Iran, if he touches that I'm gonna hit him so hard over the head.

-Social Security, fixable is all income was taxed, and not just a 92,000 cap that currently exists, also push up the age a bit.

-Education, the no child left behind act really sucks. I have yet to hear any positive comments about it. It focuses to much on test scores and not the actually schools that the test are taken in. (He also still supports abstinence only education, which is epic-fail in my thoughts, although I am biased. :)

-Immigration, no one knows where everyone stands on this, so that will never get fixed.

-Cutting 15 federal programs, and 18 billion dollars from federal programs, and a sentence about earmark programs....I don't know what to say, because I don't know what programs he's cutting.

- A bunch of other issues I don't feel like talking about.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Well, personally I don't really care for the war in Iraq... although with the way things were going, I think eventually some kind of interference would have taken place. Immigration sucks, although it helps out our economy with labor :rolleyes:... At the moment I'm in favor of a flat tax, but I doubt that would happen soon.

What is there to say about the No Child Left Behind Act? My dad deals with it as a county-wide testing-guy, so yeah, I completely agree with Babymullet when he says it focuses too much on testing scores. If that were to be removed, though, what would there be to waste our time on?

Customizer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well, personally I don't really care for the war in Iraq... although with the way things were going, I think eventually some kind of interference would have taken place. Immigration sucks, although it helps out our economy with labor :rolleyes:... At the moment I'm in favor of a flat tax, but I doubt that would happen soon.

What is there to say about the No Child Left Behind Act? My dad deals with it as a county-wide testing-guy, so yeah, I completely agree with Babymullet when he says it focuses too much on testing scores. If that were to be removed, though, what would there be to waste our time on?
Exactly. Thank you! (As a real-life example, my local school district is required to have a high school that has a graduation rate of 95% or greater to receive full-on funding from NCLB. The best high school in star city, East High, averages 93%. Not even in an education-dedicated state like Nebraska can there be complete funding. :eek:

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'll stay out of American domestic politics.

However, if Bush's speeches are as interesting as the speeches of our head of government, I'll think about setting up a pillow store right next to the Capitol before his next speech! :D

Peachy

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
state of the union address

Who watched this last night? I don't usually watch those kind of things but with this election year I'm trying to be more involved (even though I won't be able to vote until the next go around). I enjoyed it, and found myself clapping on more than one occasion...now I know this (by the laws of nature) will turn into some kind of debate, so let's keep it clean and mature eh?
Did you pay attention to any of the garbage that president Bush was saying?

I don't think even he believes the crap coming out of his mouth. That joke of a speech had absolutely NOTHING to do with the upcomig elections. This was Bush's final time to try and sell america on how great our troops are doing in Iraq. These idiots volunteered to go fight a war in which there was no possible outcome " for our freedom ". B.S.!!! for our freedom, our
" freedom " had not a thing to do with this. These morons are dying everday just " because ". Our " freedom " was never a question, the question was, just how many U.S. soldiers WANT to die needlessly for
a president who cares nothing about these people.

That's what the speech was really about.

KidBoruto

Playful Explorer
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little,
I hope that George W. Bush gets assassinated.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
/\-----/\ That's quite a statement there. Any certain reason? I mean, yeah, he is quite the dumbass, but I'm not sure I'd want him dead.

D

daria7483

If Bush got assassinated, Cheney would be our president. If you don't like Bush, I don't think you'd like Cheney any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.