Starting to explore my “little space”. Am I doing it wrong?

grst

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been a DL for years. To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed wearing diapers since I was 8-9 years old, and I have been curious about them since I was at least 5-6 years old. I always wished I needed them for bedwetting. Starting in my teen years I was wearing diapers again almost daily. At one point in college I went 24/7 for several months. My DL side has been very strong, however, the AB side of things never appealed to me, in fact it turned me off. I didn’t really enjoy my childhood that much, and I have always been extremely independent. So I just never wanted to take part in AB things.

I got to thinking the other day about where my mind goes when I wear diapers. Almost every time I put on a diaper, I fantasize that I am back at age 7-12 and wearing Goodnites. It depends on the day whether I’m feeling more like an 8 year old or a 10 year old. I realize that most people who are AB tend to have a “little age” of around 1-5 when they are in their little space. Could it be possible that my little space is just a bit older? Is that something that anyone else experiences? I really think I want to explore little space more if I’m those ages when I go there. What’s weird is that I didn’t particularly enjoy being age 7-12, but when I am diapered, I can kind of create my own scenarios and role play. I can be the boy that is self-sufficient in most ways, but wets the bed still…and sometimes uses his Goodnites while he is awake, too.

I guess I don’t see why I shouldn’t embrace this as my little space. Really my main hang up is just that I have never heard of anyone else with such a “mature” little space, and didn’t want to be too weird.

Reactions: BenNevis, BobbiSueEllen and medfet878

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
It's perfectly compatible, in fact, some pals don't see themselves as AB, but as "littles".

Reactions: BenNevis, BobbiSueEllen, medfet878 and 1 other person

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Older "littles" who still wear/use diapers are actually quite common, a lot of people who regress don't go right down to toddler/baby age (which would be the appropriate age for full time diapers as the average age to be at least fully day trained is 3) many ABDL folk feel around 3-5, and while there a many 3yr olds and up who wear diapers still while awake it is not as common and by 4-5 most children will be day trained.

As someone who has studied early years and also seen a great many adults regressing to little space I can honestly say that quite a lot of people get their "little" age a bit off, I've met AB's who say they want to feel like they become a 2yr old but watching how they play/communicate/work through things I would say they are acting more like a 6-8 year old.

So I personally feel there is no reason at all to define an age when it comes to regression and little space unless you really want to go full baby (which actually severely limits what you can/should be able or allowed to do.)
Whether diapers are a part of your play or not you play however you feel most comfortable, what feels right to you, whether that happens to best match the profile of a 2yr old or a 10yr old doesn't matter.

AJFan2020

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I also usually see myself as a little (usually around the age of Dil on All Grown Up or Ben on Ben 10). I do have some veritable memories going back to when I was around two-and-a-half at the earliest, but back then I didn’t really read all that well (unlike my sister who could read books starting at age two (with varying levels of comprehension)). I read individual words (and probably some simple phrases) around age three or four and books by age five (or even six) at the earliest (probably around the average age back in the late 1970s to early 1980s). Also, I wasn’t far enough along verbally to ask my first questions until I was four (or even four-and-a-half).

In short, I couldn’t really do all that much until around school age (as as result of complications from a premature birth and being on the autism spectrum in addition) which is probably why I don’t usually go back that far when I go into little space (although my little age can vary a bit depending on my stress level). Being younger than this wasn’t embarrassing for me, but it was pretty boring to not be able to do much.

I have a theory that most people’s little ages correspond to how old they were when the ability to feel embarrassed first started to work (this was somewhere around age eight to ten for me, but somewhere in the two to five age range (from what I have read) for most people).

In short, little space is different for everyone and I don’t think you are doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobaFettish, BenNevis, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person

PinkAndLittle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
You're probably more of a 'middle' than a little. Middle is when you regress more of a kid age than a baby age. You're not the only one who's like that, so don't feel bad about it

Reactions: BenNevis, AJFan2020, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person

Dragon64

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I have recently figured out that my little age is around 5-6 maybe even as young as 4. If I had a CG then I might be able to little space to about 2 or 3. I want to little space to 2 because I want to feel like a toddler who is care free and doesn't have any responsibilities but I would need a CG for that because I don't even want to be responsible for taking care of myself when in that little space. There have been times when I felt like I was on the edge of little spacing to be 2 but all I felt like doing was cuddling with my stuffie and taking a nap.

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
My opinion: you're doing fine. Everybody has a past space they felt the most at-ease and, for want of a better word, complete in. It isn't always the Diaper Era of our lives (0-3)...many have felt the most calm and secure past that...and diapers may or may not have been a part of that. But if you feel that age range while in diapers, whether you were in diapers or not then, then that's still okay.

The important part is the security, the bliss...the contentment, the happiness you feel. Some here in diapers still have their heads in the present-day and feel secure & happy. Do what makes you feel secure, happy and at peace. You only get this life to do it in. 🤗🤗🤗

Reactions: BenNevis, medfet878 and Belarin

TeddyJoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Can't be doing it wrong if it feels right to you. There seems to be no standard age when it comes to age regression. Good on you figuring out what you like.

Reactions: medfet878 and BobbiSueEllen

googlyeyes467

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I agree with the other replies here. Littlespace is really whatever you want to make it as long as you are going after what you like, whether it fits what's expected at a certain biological age or not (i.e. 8 year olds don't typically use sippy cups, 1 year olds don't play hopscotch). You do you.

I've found that one of the worst things you can do is try to force yourself into the box of what is expected for a certain little age. I felt very uncomfortable doing baby talk even though I love wearing printed diapers, hugging stuffed animals, and using a bottle. I kept trying to force myself to do it until I realized I felt much more comfortable not doing it. Your littlespace is your own.

Reactions: grst, BenNevis, medfet878 and 2 others

IDKaLittle

Just keep swim-ming...Just keep swim-ming...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
grst said:
and didn’t want to be too weird.

Weird is a relative term. You’re posting on an ABDL forum… :p :giggle:
You’re doing fine! You can be any age you want, there’s no wrong way to do this!

Reactions: grst, AJFan2020, medfet878 and 1 other person

SuperSpaceBird

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm the same way. There is nothing wrong with having a little space that's older. Most of my fantasies are about being about 10 to 13 and being one of those kids who doesn't like baby stuff or I just fantasize that I'm small and get put into diapers. I've tried re-watching old kid's shows like Barney and they just ruined the diaper experience. Don't try to force yourself to be an ABDL the right way because there is no right way and you could tern something you like into work.

Reactions: grst, AJFan2020 and BobbiSueEllen

Oinker94

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
I think I’m starting to see two types of littles: Infantile and Non-Infantile. I lean closer to the former than the latter. If you prefer not to use or do things an infant would do, like use pacifiers/bottles or diapers/training pants, you are a Non-Infantile Little. But both have one thing in common: watch certain shows and have stuffed animals. However you regress is up to you. Do what makes you happy!

Reactions: AJFan2020, googlyeyes467 and BobbiSueEllen

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
grst said:
I have been a DL for years. To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed wearing diapers since I was 8-9 years old, and I have been curious about them since I was at least 5-6 years old. I always wished I needed them for bedwetting. Starting in my teen years I was wearing diapers again almost daily. At one point in college I went 24/7 for several months. My DL side has been very strong, however, the AB side of things never appealed to me, in fact it turned me off. I didn’t really enjoy my childhood that much, and I have always been extremely independent. So I just never wanted to take part in AB things.

I got to thinking the other day about where my mind goes when I wear diapers. Almost every time I put on a diaper, I fantasize that I am back at age 7-12 and wearing Goodnites. It depends on the day whether I’m feeling more like an 8 year old or a 10 year old. I realize that most people who are AB tend to have a “little age” of around 1-5 when they are in their little space. Could it be possible that my little space is just a bit older? Is that something that anyone else experiences? I really think I want to explore little space more if I’m those ages when I go there. What’s weird is that I didn’t particularly enjoy being age 7-12, but when I am diapered, I can kind of create my own scenarios and role play. I can be the boy that is self-sufficient in most ways, but wets the bed still…and sometimes uses his Goodnites while he is awake, too.

I guess I don’t see why I shouldn’t embrace this as my little space. Really my main hang up is just that I have never heard of anyone else with such a “mature” little space, and didn’t want to be too weird.
You're fine. No weirdness, no breaks, just fine. It's called a Middle. Just explore. Try anything you think you might like.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

littleph0enix

The Right Honourable Lordship Of Giggles?!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
this kind of hits for me since little space has always been a weird time in total, I have only come to accept that I am a little not to long go since it was hard to say out loud and all I put it down to in the end is what do I like? what do I like doing? and lastly what do I want to do more of/ try for sure at some point? once I had got to that point I was like yep just go with the flow and see where I end up :ROFLMAO:

and if you thinking about age space ages I did see this thing at some point, i dont agree with all the points but it was a nice base to work from even though I know there is more to it them that:

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen