Starting new (better) job soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I got to have a lazy week (staycation), didn't really do much besides basic things, and getting done with a few video games (Mafia III, Heavy Rain, Persona 5 (I was almost done months ago), and I played a little Destiny 2 (waiting for the Forsaken bundle to become cheap)) and then today I decided to clean the house a bit and do some reorganizing .

I know I'm gonna hate going back to having less hours to have fun, but it was nice to just be able to have a week off between jobs, plus it wont be much longer before i have money coming in from a few things from leaving my old job.

I think its gonna be pretty great, and I find it a bit funny several people at my old job seem to be betting on me to fail, knowing I was soon gonna be going to a better job they say "it wont last", "you will be back in a month".

If it were a temporary job i was going to, I would of just stayed, but the job I had has 2 things going for it, Fridays off (almost every week, but sometimes they take that away with "Mandatory Overtime" ), and that it is a stable job that is hard to lose; but the pay is horrible for a factory (unless you are lucky or high up the food chain you can not make much better than minimum wage).

I mean I'm basically going from an almost nightmare job to a kind of dream job (I didn't really dream of being a factory worker, but the one I'm going to pays good and you have to be a lousy, sloth speed worker to lose the job)

Bass

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Sounds a lot like the situation I was in awhile back! Factory jobs aren’t as bad as some people make them out to be. I love my job. I’m there normally 7 days a week by choice, I love the OT. This was my first weekend off in awhile and it was horrible. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want to do anything. I didn’t hear from anybody so I just sat around. Was also playing D2, though! I love that game.

One bit of advice: it sounds like in your new line of work, assuming you’re a good worker, there’ll be room for advancement. Stay on your toes, and watch that 90 day probationary period if you get one.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, it's official, I think I love this job already (the pay is a big part of it of course, but it's not even a hard job), ain't nothing quite like a great job, especially if it isn't a hard job.

Status
Not open for further replies.