Starting Diapers?

DiaperLuver06

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Is there any opinions on what diapers someone should start with as a DL?

Pull-Ups, Tapes, etc...

Im just wanting to know. nothing serious.

im starting someone with a space soon.

It's very personal, so it really ought to be something that seems appealing. That said, some general guidelines: storebought diapers are pretty bad. That's not to say that you might not find your favorite thing at Walgreens but it's rare that those are really what we're looking for. Also, pull-ups are pretty terrible unless you're small. There's one ABDL pull-up (from Bambino) and it's worse than some of the regular pull-ups. The best products are purchased online and the most popular ones available in the US are ABUniverse.com, Northshorecare.com, and Tykables.com (alphabetical order, no preferences indicated). While each of them have AB diapers, they also have selections of more neutral from plain white to solid colors or patterns. There are other companies and other diapers but one or all of those are a good cross-section of what's available in disposables.

Should you decide to go with cloth, that's a whole other discussion and I'd suggest holding off on that until you get a little better acquainted unless those are really what seem like the ideal diaper to you.

Trevor said:
It's very personal, so it really ought to be something that seems appealing. That said, some general guidelines: storebought diapers are pretty bad. That's not to say that you might not find your favorite thing at Walgreens but it's rare that those are really what we're looking for. Also, pull-ups are pretty terrible unless you're small. There's one ABDL pull-up (from Bambino) and it's worse than some of the regular pull-ups. The best products are purchased online and the most popular ones available in the US are ABUniverse.com, Northshorecare.com, and Tykables.com (alphabetical order, no preferences indicated). While each of them have AB diapers, they also have selections of more neutral from plain white to solid colors or patterns. There are other companies and other diapers but one or all of those are a good cross-section of what's available in disposables.

Should you decide to go with cloth, that's a whole other discussion and I'd suggest holding off on that until you get a little better acquainted unless those are really what seem like the ideal diaper to you.
Thank you for the reply! At this point I've only used cloth diapers (mainly pull-up style but a few 2 tape diapers) and they have worked well. the 2 tape absorbed better than the pull up so i'm gonna stick with more absorbent pull ups And more 2 tape diapers.

I'm going to go against the grain and recommend going with drugstore diapers first, the tape up kind, if only to have a baseline with which to appreciate actual proper ABDL diapers. Plus, at least in my experience, it took me a pack of depends fitted before I got so that I could tape them without my hands shaking uncontrollably from excitement. Using them during that time period was also almost all but impossible. I'm glad I went through that $10 worth of depends getting the hang of things instead of $40 worth of ABDL diapers.

Yea. Start with drug store diapers and see how bad they are before moving on to website purchases such as Northshorecare.com. And then move on to ABDL online stores if you’re interested in diapers with designs.

i myself started with pull ups

irnub said:
I'm going to go against the grain and recommend going with drugstore diapers first, the tape up kind, if only to have a baseline with which to appreciate actual proper ABDL diapers. Plus, at least in my experience, it took me a pack of depends fitted before I got so that I could tape them without my hands shaking uncontrollably from excitement. Using them during that time period was also almost all but impossible. I'm glad I went through that $10 worth of depends getting the hang of things instead of $40 worth of ABDL diapers.
jamiejamie said:
Yea. Start with drug store diapers and see how bad they are before moving on to website purchases such as Northshorecare.com. And then move on to ABDL online stores if you’re interested in diapers with designs.
I agree. If cost is an issue, there are some stores that offer sample packs-- one or two instead of a whole twentysomething. The CVS near my house carries two-packs of Depends pullups for like $4.

Reactions: DiaperLuver06
I started with Tena for men briefs, my goodness did they leak!!!

Now found ab universe the peekaboo are brilliant. The plain white maxi are good too.

At first, I stared with Depend refastenable underwear, (which are the ones that can be put on like a pull-up, OR like a diaper)

Sometime after, I then wore Depend fitted briefs and those became my go-to diaper ever since.

Also, I tried these "no name/store brand" briefs for a while, just to try them out and much to my surprise, they worked quite well.

I've tried other brands, like Lillie Suprem fit and Tena super, but Depend fitted briefs will always be my go-to diaper of choice.

Reactions: Absorblock
Back