Tobi
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
So I figured I should share this little secret I have to keep tapes on without excessive tape: staples. And yes, they actually work.

I find that using brown tape and stuff just make the diaper too noisy and distracts from the look more and since I ran out I (desperately) used a stapler and it works really well! The trick is to put two staples across the tape fairly evenly. People I tell this to worry about feeling the staple but you don't at all

I used to do this, but I found that lacing was far more effective as the staples were not very reliable. I posted two threads on the subject.

Kenn said:
I used to do this, but I found that lacing was far more effective as the staples were not very reliable. I posted two threads on the subject.

ah, my bad :v

[QUOTE=lukethefur;1326710]ah, my bad :v[/QUOTE]

No criticism intended. You would not have known were to look, as the topic was "outside the box" and did not get many that views anyway.

Never tried staples. I usually just use duck tape if I have any faulty tapes, or I need to adjust. Craft stores have lots of cute themed ones such as Despicable Me and Disney tapes. And they hold extremely well, one small strip and they work amazing.

white duct tape seems to be the ideal way to tape diapers

I use duct tape the few times I have done it but they really need Paw Patrol tape!

I've done staples before but really packing/duct tape is eaiser and safer

I agree with OP about the packing tape. I like a diaper that crinkles, but packing tape is the wrong kind of sound, from the wrong place.

I've used bandage tape before, and it works great, plus it's soft and flexible so it doesn't make the diaper stiff. I bet duct tape works great, too.

Foxroxsox said:
but packing tape is the wrong kind of sound, from the wrong place

For me it's not so much the sound but the texture. Packing tape tends to be very hard, smooth, stiff plastic. Packing tape is smooth, but still has a bit of texture to it. And the white variety of packing tape matches the diaper shell pretty well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back