Sports team/ gym class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzywop

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey! I'm an incontinent athlete and I was wondering if anyone on here also has experience wearing diapers while being on a sports team and if your team knew? Did you change into your uniform in front of all of them? how did they react?

when I played tennis I wore goodnites and no one knew because they were snug enough. I wore depends for cross country and used to be as secretive as possible when changing and wearing but after a meet we all went to the beach to hang out. Everyone removed their uniforms wearing only their underwear and I thought "what the hell" and stripped to my diaper. They all said they knew the whole time (Depends were not discreet underneath the uniform shorts) and that they didn't care. They mainly asked what caused my incontinence and if ever wet during races. Sure, they'd occasionally joke about it but never in a truly mean way. From that point on I didn't hide them around them. I put on my uniform with the team and hung out with them not caring if my diaper was peaking or not. I think the whole sports staff knows though, because my coach referenced that I wear a few times, and the PT would say "I don't care about your diaper." when I needed to remove my clothes for physicals, ice baths, and other stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horton93
I think it's amazing you found such an accepting bunch!! Those are keepers!! COngratulations on finding acceptance. I know you didn't ask to be IC but this level of friendship is something to be happy about.

Hugs,
Kik91

Yeah I'm super grateful for them. We had been friends for a couple years and they're the ones who got me to join the team :)

izzywop said:
Yeah I'm super grateful for them. We had been friends for a couple years and they're the ones who got me to join the team :)

That's good. I do wonder, what kind of jokes do they make? I'm just curious. I remember my friends doing some jokes about my diaper wearing. ANyway, good to know you're having it easy!

kik91 said:
That's good. I do wonder, what kind of jokes do they make? I'm just curious. I remember my friends doing some jokes about my diaper wearing. ANyway, good to know you're having it easy!

Things like saying "We know Izzy doesn't." when coach would ask if we need to stop for a bathroom break while on the road, and after the last race everyone poured Gatorade on each other as well as coach, but they poured it down my diaper instead of on my head

izzywop said:
Things like saying "We know Izzy doesn't." when coach would ask if we need to stop for a bathroom break while on the road, and after the last race everyone poured Gatorade on each other as well as coach, but they poured it down my diaper instead of on my head

I'm just going to say: #FriendshipGoals

MailCat581 said:
I know how it feels being in diapers at school and then having gym class in the middle of the day. I have worn diapers 24/7 since I was 16. It was embarrassing for me going to gym class and having to change into my gym shorts in a locker room stall because of wearing a diaper.

Did anyone ever find out you wore?

A friend, who knows nothing of my DL life, plays in a women's over-40 hockey league. She said that the majority of the women where some sort of pull up under their hockey equipment.

JDCH said:
A friend, who knows nothing of my DL life, plays in a women's over-40 hockey league. She said that the majority of the women where some sort of pull up under their hockey equipment.

That makes sense. Women weight lifters are more likely to suffer fro stress incontinence so that could be the case here; unless it's just for convenience.

When I played football in high school I changed in the stall, nobody on the team knew about my issues. I did get picked on for having to change in the stall, but nobody ever guessed the reason why. I'm still friends with one guy on the team, and he knows now, but he's one of the more accepting people I know in general about things.

TheGnD said:
When I played football in high school I changed in the stall, nobody on the team knew about my issues. I did get picked on for having to change in the stall, but nobody ever guessed the reason why. I'm still friends with one guy on the team, and he knows now, but he's one of the more accepting people I know in general about things.

Wow, I can't imagine having to wear in high school. that's cool your friends are accepting of it now. were there ever any close calls when it came to being caught wearing?

izzywop said:
Wow, I can't imagine having to wear in high school. that's cool your friends are accepting of it now. were there ever any close calls when it came to being caught wearing?

In Football the thing I was most afraid of was this dumb trend when I was in High School of randomly pantsing people. Back then I always wore boxers over them so they probably still wouldn't have noticed, but I was deathly afraid of it when they went on the spree. Fortunately for whatever reason they never went after me with that particular thing. And occasionally I'd be freaked out because I'd be sitting playing Thirteen(Vietnamese card game, my hometown is randomly one of the top destinations for Vietnamese immigrants. Fun game) or Magic the Gathering, and my diaper might show, but honestly the anxiety is worse than actual events. That's one of the biggest things I've learned about dealing with this stuff since graduating high school, nobody is looking for it, it's so out of left field for most people that nobody would really even think to call you on it unless you're being ridiculous about it.

So really there's not much to tell, all of my high school stories would be along the lines of "I was deathly afraid because of X" but in hindsight it probably wouldn't have amounted to anything.

TheGnD said:
In Football the thing I was most afraid of was this dumb trend when I was in High School of randomly pantsing people. Back then I always wore boxers over them so they probably still wouldn't have noticed, but I was deathly afraid of it when they went on the spree. Fortunately for whatever reason they never went after me with that particular thing. And occasionally I'd be freaked out because I'd be sitting playing Thirteen(Vietnamese card game, my hometown is randomly one of the top destinations for Vietnamese immigrants. Fun game) or Magic the Gathering, and my diaper might show, but honestly the anxiety is worse than actual events. That's one of the biggest things I've learned about dealing with this stuff since graduating high school, nobody is looking for it, it's so out of left field for most people that nobody would really even think to call you on it unless you're being ridiculous about it.

So really there's not much to tell, all of my high school stories would be along the lines of "I was deathly afraid because of X" but in hindsight it probably wouldn't have amounted to anything.

I feel ya

- - - Updated - - -

MailCat581 said:
Yep. I was always teased for it too. I was often called a "big baby" and "diaper boy" by the school bullies. I even had times they would give me a wedgie ripping my diaper and I had to go to the school nurse to get put in a new one. It was humiliating and embarrassing having to wear diapers at 16 years old because I was incontinent due to damage from being abused sexually by one of my peers a few months earlier.

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry all that happened to you. That's awful.

In hs I wore goodnites most of the time. On gym days I would wear my gym shorts over them to school, so when I changed I just had to take my pants off and it wasn't as noticeable. After class I would pull my shorts and wet gn's down at the same time and put them in my gym bag, before heading to the shower. When I came back from my shower I would grab a clean pair of gn's out of my locker and put them on before I put my pants on. I am sure that a few people saw me but only one ever said anything. He mentioned that his younger brother wore gn's to bed still.

Middle school was worse for me too, because I refused to wear diapers to school (I wore cloth training pants) and had accidents not every day but enough that others in my class knew that I was a pants-wetter and mentioned it to me frequently.

chuck said:
In hs I wore goodnites most of the time. On gym days I would wear my gym shorts over them to school, so when I changed I just had to take my pants off and it wasn't as noticeable. After class I would pull my shorts and wet gn's down at the same time and put them in my gym bag, before heading to the shower. When I came back from my shower I would grab a clean pair of gn's out of my locker and put them on before I put my pants on. I am sure that a few people saw me but only one ever said anything. He mentioned that his younger brother wore gn's to bed still.

That sounds like a pretty decent experience :)
sorry about middle school thought :(

izzywop said:
That sounds like a pretty decent experience :)
sorry about middle school thought :(

probably was my fault because I was so stubborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back