Spoiler Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
1. I take it spoilered content is already uploaded and spoilering, say a picture, does not save resources. If it does, please say, or suggest other things we can do to ensure speedy functionality, minimizing storage types(like with lossy file types?) is there a file type you prefer for images? and so on. Is there a utility to show text only for dial-up people?

I just have one suggestion (not a rule per-se) but do not quote pictures. You can quote the person, but not the picture.... It's annoying (especially for those on a slow connection) to see the same picture 10 posts in a row... it's not needed. Even something like "Hey Mandi, that picture of you in the green shirt was dumb!" is fine. I'm sure there isn't more than one mandi in a green shirt mmm'kay. :D

Now I have been using "spoiler" a lot since I met it. Is there any way to put a spoiler utility attached to an icon like the quote icon (and bold, ital etc.)? This would encourage the use of the spoiler, useful since when people use the quote button few people edit the quote down to the relevant point they are talking about. Especially useful when quoting images, or where one is using the point by point reply style eg. here is a long post replied to in the point-by-point style, twice as long with the spliced in reply
Now compare this to
Yes, we have the "#" but that is 1. in go advanced 2. not obvious in how it is to be used 3. it appears typing is still involved, instead of the simpler highlight, click, using the mouse.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Personally I hate all the clicking involved with the spoiler stuff. But I will agree with Mandi... don't quote the picture!

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The best image file format depends on the content of the image. JPEG is good for photograph type images, and I'd choose PNG for images that contain text / drawings. And, people with low bandwidth can already choose to not auto-load images in their browsers, anyway (however I seriously doubt that any users of this site have a connection that slow.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
If you quote an image it doesn't cost extra resources because it's already loaded for the first time. It just displays it more then once.

Everything in the spoiler tags are preloaded. Only thing is that they're hidden.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I think that if we were to create a Forum Etiquette / rules that aren't rules thread, then "Do not quote pictures" should definitely get a mention.

What would be useful is a button that automatically generated something like this:
[Quote=MEMBER;PostNumber] [/Quote]

Where MEMBER= the member who you quoted, and PostNumber= the post number.
(In your Darkfinn example: MEMBER= "Darkfinn", PostNumber= "219156")

Of course this is easy enough to do already, you just copy and paste it, although a button (or keyboard combination) would be a lot easier.
Doubt it's possible though.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
But then comes the idea of cutting down the quoted portion to only being what you are reply to. Doing so is not misquoting with the orig post link so long as it is at the top. Be careful of quoting out of context (Unless it funny, straight or ironic, say in a sig say or even a post: having the original post link prevents temper over misquoted things.

I an new to the scene. I have 3 cartons of pamper size7 and am not getting bigger ones til these don't fit. Are there are any a size up that still feel like papmers? My uncle found my stash and he is cool with keeping my secret though he chuckles over it a lot to himself.

I am an oiler fan even though I am from Winnipeg, and we all go to Dewey's to laugh at the leafs fans.

Are there are any a size up that still feel like Pampers
No you go straight in adult diapers but the smallest available.
I am an oiler fan even though
So Leafs suck - I am a Habs fan the Leafs suck from where I am standing.

Miquote might look like (OMG! Your uncle found your stash! What are you gonna do now? Can I has your stash?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Sooo... can has "spoiler" icon to go with the "quote icon (the little page with text), <>, #, the little mountain for "insert image" and so on? Please Please

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Spoiler icon was added a month or two ago at Raccoon's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.