Split up the Smilies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Hey...

can we please get the smilie page broken down into a page 1, 2, 3, & 4 or some kind of separation instead of them all being on one link?

I like them... I'd use them more... but it litterally freezes my compy up for a min while they load... the page is too large!

Having them split into smaller pages would be a lot better.

Thanks!

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
When you go advanced there is a 3x5 array. We could keep the array but have categories instead listed in it. administrative animals and so forth. Some shuffling and editing of which posts would be in which categories would be needed... suggestions to follow...

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Though it should be possible by hacking the code (as I can't think of an option that allows you to do that). But (to me at least) it's kind of tricky. Probably isn't for the more seasoned PHP programmers. So maybe Moo, Dannytheninja or Kevintje could take a look. (I appologies if I skipped anyone that is also good in PHP but I know it of these two only)

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Though it should be possible by hacking the code (as I can't think of an option that allows you to do that). But (to me at least) it's kind of tricky. Probably isn't for the more seasoned PHP programmers. So maybe Moo, Dannytheninja or Kevintje could take a look. (I appologies if I skipped anyone that is also good in PHP but I know it of these two only)
I am no guru at PHP, but I can't see it being too difficult. Its just getting time to do it and test it to ensure it is working.

But I do vote That there should be something done to the huge list to cut it down and make it load faster as well as make it easier to find the smiley we want.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I think Mach of the different secoins should be a separate page. That way you don't have to scroll forever.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Hey...

can we please get the smilie page broken down into a page 1, 2, 3, & 4 or some kind of separation instead of them all being on one link?

I like them... I'd use them more... but it litterally freezes my compy up for a min while they load... the page is too large!

Having them split into smaller pages would be a lot better.

Thanks!
Agreed. The smiley page is currently too big.

When you go advanced there is a 3x5 array. We could keep the array but have categories instead listed in it. administrative animals and so forth. Some shuffling and editing of which posts would be in which categories would be needed... suggestions to follow...
I've done something similar, but with the whole smileys page. Now when you hit "More" under the 3x5 array, you are presented with only the "Display" (first category) smileys, instead of the whole list. There is a drop-down menu provided on that page so you can browse one category at a time.

I think we should just remove some of them...
I completely agree. Last time I went through them I deleted hundreds of useless / rarely used ones, and I have deleted around 200 more today.
I've also added a "favorite smileys" feature (accessed via the
button when composing a reply using "Go Advanced). This feature lets you view the *whole* list of smileys on one page, and select your "favorites". From then on, the standard smiley menu will be replaced with a custom menu of your personal favorites. Essentially : you only have to view the big smiley list page once, to select the smileys you like. After that you will have your own custom smiley selection menu for quick access to the smileys you use most, enabling you to use the smileys without ever having to search around for them.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
That's a cool feature. I got my favourites with the cute lil
now it will be much easier to find them!

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
sweet! now mr. bouncy is always right where i need him! :bouncy2:

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I see you changed it to where you have multiple categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.