• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Spider >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This was on my bedroom wall last week! :( - Bare in mind I live in England and we really are not suppost to have spiders this big.

It totally freaked me out.

Honestly, don't click the button below if your afraid of spiders! :(

Role
Diaper Lover
That blows. I freakin' hate spiders with a passion, but ive seen much worse.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I can't judge how big that thign is since there's no reference to its size. Anyways I should find the pic of the spider that jump on the rental car over at Belknap Hot Springs resort from my brother's wedding. I thought it was a big cricket and once my dad point out it was a spider I screamed like a little girl and RAN with camera in hand.

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Roughly it was about 5 inches.. Thats hugeee compared to the normal 1/2 inch spiders I see.

I really freaked out, grabbed my phone, took a picture then ran the hell out of my room until my mum got rid of it!!

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
I don't really mind spiders, it would have been like a sweet moment.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
my dad loves spiders. he lets them crawl all over his hands and stuff, it's kind of weird.

the biggest spider i've seen was in Cannada. it was a good 6 incher, and it was mean. i poked it with a stick, and it bit the stick. you could see the fang marks on the stick. as well as mean, it was the fastest bugger i've ever seen! i tried to tap it into the water so a fish would eat it, and it ran across the water onto the rock my very arachnifobic brother was on. he was up in a tree before i could even turn my head!

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I absolutely hate spiders. They simply give me the creeps. I have had some seemingly near-death experience with "wolf" spiders and I find them particularly frightening due to the fact that they have hair and are fast. Luckily, I have not encountered a large spider for quite a while. I don't understand my fear of spiders seeing as they are mostly harmless, but despite the lack of logic, they really do scare me nonetheless.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I agree with you all I hate spiders. Once when I was I think 12 I was taking a shawer and I get done turn off the water and push back the certon and grab my towel off the rack and what do I see? BIG F***ING TREE SPIDER! I ran out of there as fast as I could with just a towel on and had my dad kill it.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Spider's ain't a problem for me. Don't actually like them crawling over me, but don't mind it if they do. Wasps however are a different matter. I cannot go near a wasp - just EEK!

Also, it is difficult to tell the size of that spider in your picture RedApple, but I think I have seen some that big before. Our cat likes to try and catch them. He is incompetent but when he actually manages it he eats them as well. An impressive feat considering the size of the spider and the size of the cat's mouth.

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

Hello dere guyz! ^^____^^

I don't have a problem with spiders, especially since pretty much every spider you'll run across where I live is relatively small and completely harmless. The way I see it, they'll eat all the other bugs in my room. Natural pest control! Of course, the trouble at home is whenever a big spider takes up residence, the cat invariably encounters it and the result is a soggy mess of chewed up spider legs. D:

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I'm not bothered by pictures of spiders...but finding this little beauty outside my front door (August 2006) was a surprise I could have done without!

As you can see...it's not just big around it's FAT too! *shudders*

Apparently it's a harmless garden spider but I wasn't all that fond of it!

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Ayanna, the one you showed has always fascinated me. We have them in the mid-Atlantic area, too. It's interesting how they always make a zig-zag pattern of heavier woven silk in their web just above or below the web's center. Most orb web type spiders just make circular strands of silk with no extra fancy artwork added.

I remember a mgazine article years ago where someone collected orb webs as a form of art. From a distance, so as to not damage the web design, he'd spray a thin coating of dark paint all over the web (after chasing the spider away). Then he would quickly come up behind the web with a sheet of white cardstock and capture the web on it. Once the paint was completely dried he mounted the *web-art* in a frame. He had several hung on a wall and it was interesting to see the different patterns of webs the spiders had spun.

Around here we also have black widow spiders. You have to be careful picking up things like trashcans because they love to hide under them. Usually they were only found outdoors but, when our daughter was a baby we spotted one on the bedroom wall just above her crib while she was napping. :eek:That put the scare into us and I went through the house making sure there weren't any more lurking somewhere indoors.

~Pramrider

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's a good thing I wear diapers.
Actually I remember in the news not so long back when a very posionous snake bit a child.. In the diaper area, but because the child was wearing a diaper no poision got into the body!!!

So remember people, there are more uses for diapers than you think :)

But honestly, I'm afraid of big spiders.. Little ones don't bother me, but something BIG with 8 legs just isn't normal :(:(

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
It's hard to tell how big the spider really was in the picture the original poster posted.

But speaking about spiders: My brother shreakes like some 3 year old girl when he sees ones. it's kind of hilarious :D
When i do see spiders inside, I just get a (plastic) cup and a sheet of paper. Put the cup over the spider, slide the paper between cup and wall and then take the spider outside. Spiders are useful lil critters because they eat stupid bugs and mosquitos for breakfast, lunch and dinner...and stupid flies and mosquitos bug me way more than spiders!

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.