Spending 12 days in Maui

Angelapinks said:
We wanted to go back to England last year but put it off until later but now I think it may not be until next year. I wanted to visit my mothers sister who would turn 100 but she and I both missed the mark and she passed away shortly after her 99 birthday. Not many family members in the UK that I remember now but a few cousins I talk with on the computer once in awhile. We have only seen photo's online and they are a bit younger than myself.
From cancelled weddings to missed birthdays to family and friends we wish we could see... this pandemic sucks. I am sorry you didn't get to see her.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Veljie said:
You yanks are allowee to travel? Here downunder we are under state level lockdown we can't leave our cities let alone travel across any oceans....
My daughter lives outside Melbourne. I would love to be able to bring her and her husband over to see our new house and spend time with the rest of the family, but the pandemic has been tough in that regard. We visited her about five years ago, we would love to go back as well, but life is what it is in this health crisis.

I will say Australia has done much better than the States in handling this and I commend you all on that. I only wish you guys could get your hands on vaccines easier. I know China isn't giving theirs up to you because of political BS, and the US is just now starting to ship the excess we have worldwide (but sending it to harder hit countries first). My daughter did say that Australia is getting its own manufacturing of vaccines going, so I'm hopeful for all of you.

Back