Specific memories of nappies in the morning after a night’s bedwetting

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
One of my fondest and most vivid memories of wearing nappies as a child comes from when I was about 3. I have shared this before. I’m amazed that I still have such a vivid and detailed memory of this and I’m very fond of it.

I was still wearing nappies to bed, as I did until I was nearly 4.

On this particular day I remember waking up and the room was already very light. It was neither too hot nor too cold and I think it was spring time (so most likely I was nearly 4).

I remember getting out of bed and I was wearing only a nappy. It was a plain white unisex disposable with no taping panel or decoration, so I think it was a Cosifit or a supermarket generic nappy.

It was absolutely soaking and very heavy, but not leaking. I remember the bulky squishy feeling of it between my legs. I also needed to have another wee.

This was before the DL thing hit and at this time I think I had a sense that nappies were for “night time accidents” only, so rather than do another wee in it, I remember letting the nappy slowly slide down my legs as I walked across the room. To this day I remember the feeling as it sagged down my legs.

As it came to the bottom of my legs, I remember the feeling of air on my damp bottom. I stepped out of the nappy with one foot, and with the other kicked it off. It landed with a plop on the bedroom floor.

I remember looking at it for a moment, all wet and heavy, before going to the bathroom and doing a grown up wee.

Does anyone else have any “morning nappy” memories like this?

Reactions: Diprs2, WillFord384, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and 3 others
Yes ... I remeber thats the way it was this morning for me

Reactions: Diprs2
Yes I have lots and lots of memories like that since I grew up wearing diapers at night.
One morning when I was about 5 I remember waking up very early, long before my parents woke up. I climbed out of my bed tent (the best thing on earth!!!) wearing just my diaper which was saggy and wet.
As usual I went to watch TV in the living room. I would always watch Romper Room back then. I was sitting on the floor in front of the TV eating cereal out of the box (probably my favorite Frankenberry).
I remember a Huggies Commercial came on and all of a sudden I became mesmerized watching the boy in the commercial looking sad while the voiceover said "he's got the blues today because he's wearing one of those saggy diapers that leak".
I remember looking down at my own diaper that was also a little leaky. There was a big gap at the waist and I remember seeing my own "wee-wee" poking into the yellowed padding of the diaper. That was one of the first moments I can remember feeling a certain way about diapers.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, wetaccident, antoniorain789 and 5 others
As someone who did it until he was a teenager I have a lot of embarrassing memories of this. The most upsetting ones occurred on the occasions when I had to share a room on occasions such as family holidays.

The worst one for me happened when I was about 9. We were on holiday as a family and I was sharing a room with my brothers. I'm the middle child and my younger brother (Connor) would of been 7 and my older brother (Ben) 13. I had still had very few dry nights in my life at this point and was wearing nappies to bed which my younger brother of course found hilarious. My older brother was much more sympathetic as he had been a bed wetter until he was 11 but my younger brother had always been dry.

We were away for a week and I know this happened on the third night because for the first two I'd actually been dry, having a dry night was rare so two in row was some sort of miracle so I was really proud of myself. Anyway on the third night I remember being woken up at about 2 in the morning to the sound of my younger brother laughing.

"James has wet the bed"

He was obviously struggling to sleep and yes my nappy was soaked and the smell had filled the room. Deeply ashamed of myself I started crying while my Connor couldn't stop laughing. Ben (as the oldest) was obviously in charge. Angry at just having been woken up.

"Connor shut up and go back to bed"

Which he did quickly before Ben turned to me.

"James are you ok."

Obviously I wasn't and I was still crying, he did his best to comfort me before telling me to get changed and go back to bed. When I came out of the bathroom Ben had waited for me, I was still visibly and he gave me hug and told me not to worry.

I managed to get back to sleep but still woke up wet the next morning.

• Love
Reactions: NabePup, Diprs2, Brumas94 and 2 others
My morning ritual as a kid was to come downstairs, walk behind the kitchen table, drop my pajama pants, rip those two tapes off, and let my soggy diaper hit the floor with a thud. I still like to do that. I've been sleeping in a diaper every night for the past month so I have lots of opportunities to do that in the mornings.

The only time I don't remember that morning ritual was this one morning. I had woke up in the middle of the night with really bad stomach cramps, likely because I'd held my #2 too long as I was scared of the toilet. Well it decided it was coming and I ended up filling my diaper and then going back to sleep. I didn't take off my diaper and started eating breakfast and mom busted me because I stunk. Into the kitchen, diaper off while on all fours as she tried to clean me up. To make matters worse it was a school day. She was not impressed. My sister's didn't say anything that I remember. I think I was in second grade when that happened and it was towards the end of me getting diapered for bed wetting. Diapers were replaced with a rubber sheet and there was many nights of waking up in a cold soaked bed.

I have a strong memory from when I was four and waking up after my afternoon nap with a very wet cloth nappy. I had climbed out of bed and my aunt (who was babysitting me at the time) found me in the living room with a heavy nappy and plastic pants hanging low between my legs as I waddled along. She dragged me back to the bedroom and while she changed my nappy she gave me several sharp smacks across my bottom/thighs. I think this is why I remember the event so clearly... she made me wear a nappy and plastic pants for the rest of the day. When my dad came to collect me, my aunt explained that I was wearing a nappy because I'd been naughty and wet. He then punished me by making me wear a nappy all the next day.

Reactions: Diprs2, Toddler80 and Hunter185
The only memory I have of setting the bed was when I was around 4 and got really sick. I must have been woken up by my mom because I only remember being in the bathroom wearing PJs that were soaked and hunched over a trash can puking. Must have been real bad since I was given a bath after. I didn’t go back to bed and slept on the sofa while my dad kept an eye on me.

SydDLBoi said:
I have a strong memory from when I was four and waking up after my afternoon nap with a very wet cloth nappy. I had climbed out of bed and my aunt (who was babysitting me at the time) found me in the living room with a heavy nappy and plastic pants hanging low between my legs as I waddled along. She dragged me back to the bedroom and while she changed my nappy she gave me several sharp smacks across my bottom/thighs. I think this is why I remember the event so clearly... she made me wear a nappy and plastic pants for the rest of the day. When my dad came to collect me, my aunt explained that I was wearing a nappy because I'd been naughty and wet. He then punished me by making me wear a nappy all the next day.
that's crazy how you can remember that so clearly

Reactions: Diprs2 and SydDLBoi
abdlnz said:
It’s funny how some of my friends can remember really far back and others can barely remember things that happened in secondary school!

Reactions: Diprs2, KCA, CookieMonstah and 1 other person
No real diaper memories of when I was young, I do remember getting changed after a bath, waking up in wet pjs and a few times in a crib which I'm 100% that I was diapered, but no real specific diaper memories.
I do remember all the times I woke up in diapers when I was 10 - 14, but that was when my DL lifestyle started and I was buying packs of pampers or luvs specifically for me. One of the first times I woke up wet was in the summer when I was ten, my sister had a sleep over at a friends house, my mom and dad were going to work, I was able to start staying home alone, I put a diaper on that night when I was sure my parents were asleep, I slept in it all night, waking up around 3 or 4am and peeing in it standing up next to my bed (not my first wet diaper at that point) but my first time I was able to quell my excitedness and go back to bed, I slept like that until 8:30am when my dad came into my room to wake me up and say he was leaving for work, my mom always left before him and it was normal for him to do this, he left and I heard his car start and back out of the driveway, I then got out of bed and felt that wonderful bulge between my legs, it wasn't really warm but it wasn't cold either, I waddled to the kitchen and poured a bowl of cereal, stayed in my diaper until 10am doing multiple small wettings, I then got nervous and took a shower because my sister was due back between then and noontime. Throughout the rest of the summer I was doing my nighttime diapering when ever I knew Id have the house to myself in the morning, that was a lot of fun.

Reactions: Diprs2, WillFord384 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
I barely have any morning memories from my bedwetting days. I was a heavy sleeper and took ages to wake up in the morning (that's not changed), so that's probably no big surprise.
My memories of that time are focussed on the night and trying to quietly pull on my plastic pants while my sister lay a few yards away (we shared a bedroom). I got quite skilled at shimmying them up to my thighs without using my hands, and without making a sound.
That was all very time consuming, knackering and, in the warmer months, hot and sweaty.
I didn't always get to use a 'nappy' and I do have one memory of waking up having only only worn the plackies and being surprised and puzzled that I was totally dry and so was my bed. I remember that moment also being a rush to get going, so I didn't get any time to think about it properly.

An earlier memory is from what I regard as my babyhood (I had baby teeth, so nature says that I was a baby): I was probably about three or four and had shat my nappy in the night. My sister came into my bedroom to wake me in the morning and must've smelled it and then went blurting it to mum and dad, downstairs in the kitchen.
My dad had just got in from work and was sat beside the fire in the kitchen having a mug of tea. When I finally made it downstairs and into the kitchen, he beckoned me over, called me a few names and then poured his tea over my head.

• Wow
Reactions: PaddedRita, Diprs2 and JOCKMAN
abdlnz said:
It's so weird that I have almost no memories from that age that only relate to me and my parents, but I have lots of memories that involve my aunt and my cousin (her youngest son who was just a bit older than me). She looked after me every day for over two years before I started school. My cousin and I were inseparable and I used to love having him to play with every day. When I first started going to her place, my cousin was in nappies too but he grew out of needing them a bit earlier than me.

Reactions: Diprs2 and abdlnz
ade said:
An earlier memory is from what I regard as my babyhood (I had baby teeth, so nature says that I was a baby): I was probably about three or four and had shat my nappy in the night. My sister came into my bedroom to wake me in the morning and must've smelled it and then went blurting it to mum and dad, downstairs in the kitchen.
My dad had just got in from work and was sat beside the fire in the kitchen having a mug of tea. When I finally made it downstairs and into the kitchen, he beckoned me over, called me a few names and then poured his tea over my head.
I had a similar experience when I was that age and still in night nappies and I woke up to find I had done a poo. I didn't get a cup of tea on my head, but my dad make his displeasure at the situation well known while he was taking off my nappy and cleaning me up.

I remember these memories quite well and oh how do I miss them. I was in diapers at night until age 6. I must have been in them longer when I stayed with my grandparents because I have distinct memories of waking up in my diapers at my grandparents house, but oddly none at home. I remember waking up early at my grandparents house in a soaked and HEAVY white plastic diaper. The diapers must have been too small for me, or the tapes poor, because I remember that often times one of the tapes had come undone. Much like PCS, I would slide the diaper down my leg, and kick it with one leg and then watch it fly in the air and land on the stairs with a thud. This became a favorite activity of mine in the morning. I must have then walked naked upstairs, lol. I'm not sure why I felt compelled to take the diapers off and not sit in the soaked diapers like I so enjoy doing now other than it must have been tough to walk in those thick diapers I wore at the time!

Reactions: Diprs2 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
I’ve got so many memories as I wet the bed nightly until I was 14. Two memories though stick out in my head. The first was when I was 9 years old, I was going to get ready for bed which meant putting on my Goodnites. I looked in my drawer that night and realized I was out. I went and told my mom that I didn’t have any “night pants” left and she said that my 4 year old cousin let one of his size 6 diapers here (He wet at night also) so I would have to wear that. It was really embarrassing because my mom changed me into the diaper at 8:30 and it felt so much different than my Goodnites. I woke up the next morning drenched and it sagged really low between my legs. My mom changed me in the morning and commented that she was glad that I wore the diaper because I clearly put it to work haha. The other memory was right before I stopped wetting the bed for good when I was 14. I was babysitting my little cousin (same one who wet the bed) he was a little older about 9 and was still wetting the bed a lot. He was actually wearing Goodnites just like me but he was real upset about it. Later in the night before we went to bed, I told him I still had issues wetting the bed and even wore the same Goodnites he wore which made him feel more at ease. Of course, the next morning I woke up wetter than I probably ever have been and when I walked to the bathroom to pee, the Goodnites were literally drooping down really low between my legs and were the heaviest they ever been, I had a full waddle. I went to my cousin’s bedroom in only my shirt and wet Goodnite and showed him how wet I was and said, “See I told you I need them at night, look how much I peed last night.” He looked at me and laughed and said that I wet a lot more than he did. Those two stuck out to me the most.

Reactions: dluk2020, antoniorain789, Diprs2 and 6 others
Through the years of my childhood, going to bed with a fresh 90’s plain white Goodnite and then waking up realizing it was wet were always the best memories I’ll ever, ever have. Period. 😊

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, Diprs2, RadioactiveSquirrel and 1 other person
I wouldn't say specific as i've been though many many diapered mornings till i was about 17 but thinking back it does amuses me when back then i woke up to a wet diaper and changed into my school uniform in secondary school and especially school camps / trips when we had to wear sort of like PE attire with track pants which helps greatly in concealing my diaper as the sort of plastic sound of the pants help cover the diaper crinkle so that was good .

On a side note not abdl related , our school dress code is school uniform and pants with white shoes and while i was in upper secondary i was still wearing white velcro shoes while my friends wore them with laces , i was laughed at for being like a kid because only those in primary school wore those velcro kind , little do they know i was still wearing diapers at night lol .

The first thing as a bedwetter wearing diapers is to check my diaper every morning to see if its wet or not , i wasn't a everyday bedwetter but its frequent enough that wearing a diaper is much more safe than risking not wearing it , i would say i wet about 4-5 times a week so better be safe than sorry . In my country lower secondary school students wear shorts and upper secondary student wore pants so every morning i would check my diaper , then take it off and put on my school uniform pants although embarrassing and humiliating looking back its quite funny as i could possibly be the only upper secondary school student who still wears diapers to bed at night lol ,

Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric and braman123456789
Woke up wet this morning, My fiancee and I had friends over last night for a bon fire, one of them brought over a warm cider drink spiked with a liquor, it was pretty good, I normally don't drink, and certainly avoid harder stuff, but I did have half a cup of this to be nice, and it was pretty good lol, put that on top of 3 beers and 2 bottles of water afterwards and well I was soaked this morning. Its a good feeling though, its our first chilly weekend here, so I was diapered and put into a footed sleeper last night after a quick shower, essentially I look like a big toddler and I'm loving my diaper bulge. The funny thing here is that when I wet at night vs awake and for fun, my diaper feels totally different, at night I usually sleep on my back so if I wet, the diaper tends to get all squishy from the seat area and up towards my butt vs just the front of it, its such a good feeling and I love the extra bulge in the back, its almost nostalgic to me.

• Love
Reactions: ARBBB2, Diprs2, GoodniteLover219 and 1 other person
Getting up in the morning on a school day in my teens wearing only a wet Pampers. After not hearing my Mum call me to see if I was up I heard the door start to open, I jumped behind it and told her I was getting dressed. Thankfully the door then closed and I took off the wet nappy relieved she didn't see me. I was out of nappies and pull ups for a few years as far as my parents were concerned at this point but I was still buying them and wearing them in secret at night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and braman123456789
LittleScotty said:
Getting up in the morning on a school day in my teens wearing only a wet Pampers. After not hearing my Mum call me to see if I was up I heard the door start to open, I jumped behind it and told her I was getting dressed. Thankfully the door then closed and I took off my the wet nappy relieved she didn't see me. I was out of nappies and pull ups for a few years as far as my parents were concerned at this point but I was still buying them and wearing them in secret at night.
That was brave!

Did you wet it on purpose or by accident at this stage?

I have a memory of hiding behind a door in a wet nappy! I’d forgotten to mention it before, and it isn’t terribly interesting, but at my sister’s second birthday party whilst everyone was playing downstairs I snuck upstairs as I sometimes did and swiped one of her Ultra Pampers for Girls.

For some reason I took all of my clothes off, including socks, and put the nappy on in my room. I did my usual thing of having a wee in it and looking at myself in the bedroom mirror.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and rushed up to my door. Someone opened it and I tried to push it closed. It was the mother of one of my sister’s friends. She told me that my mum wanted me downstairs now. I put my head round the gap and said I would come down soon. I don’t know whether she saw the nappy or not, but thankfully she left and I quickly got dressed and chucked the nappy away. I remember how hot my face was as I burned with embarrassment. No one ever said anything to me about it.

Reactions: Diprs2, sinceiwassmall and Bedwetter12
Back