Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpollution

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
:detective3 So I'm curious, are there folks out there who reserve specific diapers (brands) for special/specific occasions and won't wear them casually?

For myself, I prefer to wear Tena Classic, Tena Classic Plus or Attends Breathable for casual times, such as sleeping, riding my bike, in class, etc. However, when I am going to the movies, relaxing, road tripping or going out to a restaurant/pub, I prefer Molicare, Abena X-Plus or Attends Extended Wear. Part of it is due to the fact that the latter brands are more expensive, so I reserve them for particular occasions only.

Furthermore, I like to wear plastic-backed diapers whenever the mood strikes, such as when I play video games or watch movies, be they at home or in the theater.

I usually try to avoid using diapers around my close friends, except for when we go to see a movie. I never go bowling in diapers either, for the bulk would negatively affect my step and posture.

Anyone else have similar sentiments?

PrettyFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Sissy
Hmm... I've never considered bowling in diapers, because my approach is bad enough as it is and I don't want anything else to lower my average XD

I'm reserving my more... premium diapers for the ACT this year... it'll be worth it in the end XD

Ninikins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Well when I plan to go out somewhere and I am in the mood to wear diapers I tend to wear my Walgreens Certainty brand because it's not very obvious and doesn't make tons of noise. However when I'm at home (or at my boyfriend's house) I tend to enjoy Bambinos a bit more.

It also depends if I'm in a very babyish mood or not. I might not wear Bambinos at home if I'm not in the mood to have something so big on. :)

KTBFFH

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hm if I ordered adult nappies with babyish prints on them, which are a lot more expensive with shipping and all, compared to "regular" adult ones, I would definitely save them for special occasions. :) Like, I'd wear them when someone special is around to show them off to. :D

AAO

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I am just wearing casually and know that I can change easily or will be wearing for a short time I will just wear a Depends. But if I am going hunting or to a show I will wear a Tranquility ATN because they can hold more.

Irisheyes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Yeah I will wear Tena Slip as a casual diaper. I had ABU superdry kids and Cushies, I would always wear them on special occasions only, due to expense. I also wear pullups mostly in the day time specially if I want to wear to work the pullups are easier to hide than the Tena

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Maybe not exactly specific occasions, but I like to have a variety and their attributes are on my mind when I choose what I'm going to wear. If I'm not intending to wear for a long time or I want something discreetly thin, Depends Fitted Maximum Protection are going to look a lot better than a Bambino or a Dry 24/7. I find that thinner diapers tend to deal better with periods of activity (less material to fall and clump), so that can be a factor as well. The heavier, thicker ones are better if I'm not doing a whole lot.

philder74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
For day to day wearing under work clothes (suit trousers), I tend to stick with Tena pullups. If I'm wearing jeans in "normal" company I'll wear Attends Active, as they're quite slim and can be concealed well. If I'm with people who KNOW I'm wearing, I'll wear Tena Slip Maxi, which are also what I tend to sleep in. I also have a stash of Bambinos for when I want to be properly babyish, again generally with amenable company.

captainpollution

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
Hm if I ordered adult nappies with babyish prints on them, which are a lot more expensive with shipping and all, compared to "regular" adult ones, I would definitely save them for special occasions. :)

I had ABU superdry kids and Cushies, I would always wear them on special occasions only, due to expense.

Indeed, I have ordered ABU Super Dry Kids and Cushies before, however, I prefer the former just because they are certainly more economical than Cushies for some inexplicable reason. Plus, Cushies are way too sophomoric for my tastes.

When I wear these types, I reserve them almost exclusively for wearing around the house, on instances when I am feeling particularly carefree/lazy, such as spring or winter break from school. I'll typically do something that I enjoyed when I was younger, such as playing SNES or Colecovision, or old computer games on my Power Mac from '96.

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I try to chose the right protection for the apropriate amount of time I intend to stay in them without a change.
So night diapers for night: Molicare super, Tena Super or Abriform X-plus.
Day diapers are Tena Ultra usually.

I might wear pullups sometime if I want the protection with a quick option to go to the toilet.

So for me, the occaction is more a factor of time spent without being able to change and bulk if I go outside.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I still have some of the limited run of Crazy Bambinos from about four years ago. They're quite a lot thicker than the current Bambinos, and they have a really strong baby powder smell to them, as well. I only wear them if I'm going to an ABDL event, like a party or something. I don't ever wear them around the house or just for the sake of wearing them. On the occasions when I happen to have Euro Tena Maxis on hand, I'll save those until I really am really really wanting to wear a diaper.

Basically, if it's a diaper I can't get easily, then I'll reserve it for a more special occasion.

onecho

The Reluctant Lord of Liminal Space
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
I like to wear the ABU Super Dry Kids on days when it's snowy out. I don't know why. It probably has to do with the fact that sitting inside, watching the flakes fall, always makes me feel so young and giddy, thereby calling for a younger-looking diaper. I also like to wear the Abena M4s to bed, but that's more for the extra absorption it offers. If I'm in the mood to be cubby all day, I usually go with cloth; the thickness offers excellent long-term absorption. These aren't rigid rules, though. Part of regressing is about letting go of stress, so I don't want to tie any to it if it can be helped.

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Tena Slip Plus is my day diaper; Maxis or the newer Depend briefs are my night diapers, Maxis because of their ridiculous absorbency and Depend briefs because they have good absorbency and go up so high it's very hard for them to leak while I'm sleeping (on a related note, they're also indiscreet as hell). Maxis are also good for long hauls without a change (six wettings? Seriously?).

L

littlebirch

well in winter i wear winter pine ones in fall i wear brightly colored ones and in spring i wear ones with raindrops on them and the smell like spring and in summer i wear ones that have a sun on them with grass and smell like beach :p lol but seriously no i do not i have enough problems hiding 1 pack under my dresser

LifestyleLittleCandi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
It all depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing. i am diapered 24/7, so my choice of diapers is a variable depending on what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing a summer-dress or a skirt, or even sweatpants sometimes, I will wear a full-size "AB diaper" like Bambinos or Dry 24/7s with plastic pants over them. If I'm trying to show off my figure and am wearing jeans or shorts or anything that fits a little tighter, I'll wear Goodnites or Pampers 7s because they are a lower-profile undergarment.

If I'm hanging out at home with Mommy or with friends on the west coast, AB diaper. If I'm at my parents' house or hanging out with friends on the east coast, AB diaper. I tend to wear loosely-fitting skirts or pajamas pretty much all the time when I'm on the east coast because it's pretty much vacation time for me. But if I'm going out in public anywhere and I don't want to be bothered with extra attention, I go low-pro. The binkey and and plushie is already drawing enough attention as it is :p

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I wear something heavy and plastic backed most times I'm just playing. For every day use (like to work) I wear one of the thinner velco-tabbed thing so I can use the toilet if I care too (I'm testing out the Embrace "Skin Caring" ultimates now but often use the Sams Club briefs).

Status
Not open for further replies.