Speaking of Baby Strollers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
This ebay listing brought a smile to my face: Excellent condition red vintage baby stroller with box - eBay (item 260324752949 end time Dec-10-08 13:16:43 PST)

The first ever I had opportunity to get into, as an adult, was this exact make/model Peterson stroller from the early '70s. It belonged to a cousin of mine. She and her husband stored a few baby gear items in our basement back just before I was married. After everyone went to bed, I'd slip down to the basement to have a little AB fun.:smile: It felt so good to finally be sitting in a stroller, one of my most wanted baby items at the time.:D If this one didn't have such a high opening bid I'd love to add it to my collection. Have to keep it on my watchlist.;)

~Pramrider

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
It actually looks big enough for a slim built adult, and sturdy enough to hold the weight of a light adult.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
You're right, Eclipse! This style stroller, which was so prevalent back in the 1960s and '70s, is very strong and durable. Counting the similar one I bought for our children in 1986, I have three of these types in my collection. I've gotten into them several times and they don't even sag with my 145lb weight. With a 32" waist and about 35" hips I can still fit into the seat comfortably. The only weak point is the snaps on the upholstery. Sometimes one will pop loose and need to be re-snapped. Other than that, I could roll around in one of these for a long time and not hurt it one bit. Can't say that about some of the plastic-y models they make today.

~Pramrider

Status
Not open for further replies.