Sorry kids, Linux is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
That's funny. I've been working on Linux computers in my computer class for 2 yrs now and we all know that linux is free, that teacher is an idiot.

B

Butterfly Mage

And the "experts" wonder why the Americal educational system has gone straight to hell -- the teachers don't know anything!

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
wheres a hand gun.

I swear I'll shoot myself over the idiots >_> Seriously.

God damn.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
Wow, epic, epic fail. I've lost all faith in mankind.

D

Deleted member 221

so do they think that its illegal because you dont have to pay for it,as in having a free os is illegal
that my friends is EPIC PAIL!!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My son, when he was in junior high, had a teacher who asked the class to name three weapons of war used during the World War I as homework. When he brought his answers back to school, she marked these as wrong. His answer, the airplane, the tank, and the submarine. She thought they didn't come into being until World War II. Yes, they also teach school.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
To be fair, If I saw some teenager handing discs out like that, there is a 90% chance it's piracy. However, It was a shame that this teacher thought that it was nothing but piracy and totally went off their socks!

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
At the school I was at we were not supposed to borrow or lend anything, even if we were giving it away. I think the teacher did have a right to take the disks away and stop the student from going on about Linux which only deviates the teachers lesson plan if one was in progress.

As for the teacher thinking it was illegal he/she made a mistake.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
At the school I was at we were not supposed to borrow or lend anything, even if we were giving it away. I think the teacher did have a right to take the disks away and stop the student from going on about Linux which only deviates the teachers lesson plan if one was in progress.

As for the teacher thinking it was illegal he/she made a mistake.

Well, the thing is that they told her it was Linux and that it was free, and not only that, she said she knew Linux etc :dodgy:. So yeah, I don't have a lot of sympathy for her :p.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
How low can you drop? Apparently very low.

If she knew of Linux then she knew it was free. How stupid some people are will never seas to amaze me.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I do not know so much about computers. I am computer literate but not computer knowledgeable (it usually does what I want, but I ain't got a clue how it works). However, I know that Linux is free and understand the basis on which it is grounded. I knew this before I even came into contact with you load of computer geeks :rolleyes:

That teacher = idiot

There is one born every minute. Apparently they are attracted to the teaching profession.

Entity

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Man if I were the student, I would laugh--out loud--in her face for stating such a ridiculous claim.

I laugh at those who oppose the unstoppable advancement of Linux.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I laugh at those who oppose the unstoppable advancement of Linux.

Oh no, Linux was created by the USSR!

linuxex4.jpg

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The teacher isn't an idiot for taking away the disks, (s)he is an idiot for taking them away and then not researching and finding out that Linux is legal.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The teacher isn't an idiot for taking away the disks, (s)he is an idiot for taking them away and then not researching and finding out that Linux is legal.

But if sharing or lending is against school policy like it is at most schools then what the teach did do was "right".

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sharing is against the rules? or do you mean file sharing? Because I thought schools tried to encourage that kind of behavior :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.