Sometimes, I really hate my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daria7483

If people are calling you faggots and crap like that, and your manager is not doing anything, then take it to the person above your manager -- your manager's manager, or the owner of the franchise, or whoever. And if they will not take you seriously, tell them you are considering legal action (even if you're not). Seriously, you have the right to go to work every day without being harassed and getting so upset that you want to quit. What you are describing is more serious than just the typical joking around that goes on at most low-level jobs. It is not your fault, and the burden should not have to be on you to have to switch locations to make it stop.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I have taken it to the General Manager(Who runs the restaurant where I work), but so far she hasn't done anything(Though, I have been gone for six days, so I guess I'll find out if anything happened when I go into work tomorrow night). I suppose I could take it to the Area Director(He is the GM's boss), but I really don't think that would help much because he is in charge of five or six other restaurants other than mine, and he isn't around much. The next time something like that happens, I think I might threaten to sue(Though, I'm not sure what I can sue for).

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Hopefully everything will be OK when you go back, but don't expect miricals, if those people were hostile toward you, they will see what they can get away with.

But there should be a little improvement, if not I would go and work someplace else, I couldn't stand working like that.....Good Luck I hope it works out for you.

Role
Private
In situations like this, it's best to take it one step at a time. If your manager does nothing about it, take it to their boss. If they do nothing, then take it to their boss... and so on. People really don't appreciate you going way over their heads to start with and will lose you some respect. At least by working your way up the authority chain everyone is well-aware of the problem and can't refute the fact that they did nothing about it.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
In situations like this, it's best to take it one step at a time. If your manager does nothing about it, take it to their boss. If they do nothing, then take it to their boss... and so on. People really don't appreciate you going way over their heads to start with and will lose you some respect. At least by working your way up the authority chain everyone is well-aware of the problem and can't refute the fact that they did nothing about it.
To be honest with you, I don't give a shit about the respect. I know which employees respect me and like me for who I am, and that's all I care about.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I pretty shure in the restaurant bussiness, you can almost pick where you want to work, all the jobs are about the same, weather your a waiter or in food prep., you can go from one place to another and still have the same job if that is waht you want.

Look for another job at another place, those places go through people like crazy, and are always hireing.

so move on untill you find someplace you enjoy working, that is the only reason I stayed at some of the jobs I had, I like the people that worked there, and it made the job easyer and fun to go to everyday.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
I say transfer and report him for sexual harassment and Threating you to the manager again and if that does not work go for broke and go to the cops with it.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's sounds like a good idea to report someone but I wouldn't, that stuff has a way of following you around.

and if your new employer sees or hears about you reporting stuff like that, you might not be able to get another job, out of fear you will do it again.

If you don't like it there go somewhere else, and start over, or try to better yourself by finding a better line of work.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I had them cut my hours from almost 40 per week to 25 per week. I'm going to give them a few weeks, and if it doesn't improve, I'll probably quit and look for another job. I'm thinking about trying to get a job at the hospital as a transporter. I would be moving patients from their rooms for tests and things like that. According to my dad, they make almost $10.00 an hour.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Thats a way better move on your part, if you play your cards right that could turn into a great job, and if you go for some schooling you could get into nurseing.

I have been trying to talk some of the younger generation, in our family into going into nurseing, or something like that, but they don't see the big picture, they only see whats right in front of them.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Thats a way better move on your part, if you play your cards right that could turn into a great job, and if you go for some schooling you could get into nurseing.

I have been trying to talk some of the younger generation, in our family into going into nurseing, or something like that, but they don't see the big picture, they only see whats right in front of them.
Sadly, I just checked the hospital's online job search website, and the job I was looking at has been removed. The only other transporter job is for a Monday thru Friday position with revolving weekends and holidays. And it says you have to work 80 hours per week. That would be way to hard with my school schedule. But, I signed up to recieve an email when they list any other jobs for a transporter, so hopefully I'll get the job soon.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Update

I've got an update for you all. I went in to work this morning at 11 AM and the GM said that she had called a meeting with herself, another manager, Jamie and myself. During the meeting, she asked me if I thought I could work with him and I said no. She then asked me if there was another store I would like to transfer to and I said the only store I would be willing to transfer to is in Bartow. She said she would work on it and to call her around 4 PM today. She said that if Bartow wouldn't accept me, then she would terminate my employment(Translation: You're Fired!). The thing is, she said that this drama that has been going on between Jamie and I has created a hostile work environment for her other employees. WTF?!?!?!?!? Anyway, I'm done. Whatever happens, happens.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I've learned one thing in this life... if you aren't happy, there are other jobs.

Have you put any thought to mentioning "sexual harassment" to your managers? Though it may be too late for that now.

Another employee making homo cracks at you is definately harassment... whether you are one or not. A company can get in a lot of legal trouble if this kind of stuff is not properly addressed.

On another note... check your local craigslist site... (craigslist.org) there are a lot of job postings on there every day.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Good Kip get the F out of there, you don't need that crap, go for that hospital job,

I would say go for unemployment checks, but by the time you get them you will have another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.