Something I thought that I would never do...

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Many of you who know my story know that I held this secret for over 50 years, and I did not tell my wife for 30 years. It was that closely held, it was the bane of my life. It was simultaneously embarrassing and humiliating.

Fast forward, life events have me finally telling my wife and it turns my life around, it turns our marriage around.

My niece, age 43, who is a family therapist cant help but notice a change in me, a change for the better over the last 2 years. In fact she renames me, "uncle xxx 2.0". She and I have several phone conversations and I kept tip-toeing around to what the catalyst was. I did tell her that I had a deeply held secret, one that I thought was so bad that it would be impossible to love me, but that my wife not only accepted me, she embraced this side of me whole heartedly. She taught me the meaning of "unconditional love" and re-enforces it everyday. My niece and I continued to talk and although she did not know that I was AB, she gave me more and more things to consider, things that were either affirming or positive, based on the few details that I gave her.

This past week, my wife son and I go on a family vacation with my nieces family. My niece and I take several walks together, long walks, and she has pieced it all together. I finally come clean with her and tell her everything. I tell her how it all started and how I progressed through the years, how I abstained for 30 years and how I hit the lowest point in my life and told my wife and how it was the best thing ever to happen to us.

My niece stopped looked at me, and said "this is nothing" she is refering to the AB part of my story. That of all the things, all the kinks, drugs and alcohol that I could have used in my life to handle my fears and my stresses, that this was nothing to be ashamed of afraid of...

I always knew that my neice would eventually know this abpt me, but after I died. I told my wife that she could tell my niece everything, show her everything. It was my hopes that she would be able to learn about ABDL and then help others like me, and couples that were in trouble because of ABDL.

I decided that a greater good could be served by telling her sooner rather than later, after all, what better way to learn than from the horses mouth. Although my neice was familiar with AGE PALY she was not totally conversant in ABDL and all of its nuances, and had only seen one case of it before. We had several fascinating conversations, with many more to come. Now she has a a reason to learn, to read to understand it. She has seen the dramatic change in me and change in my marriage.

I thought long and hard on wheter I would tell her or not, I am very glad that I did.

I hope that one day she can help others that are struggling with accepting this.

Now I can honestly say, only 2 people in the world know this about me... and they both have embraced me beyond my wildest comprehension.

I am blessed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: tiny, DLatHome, siysiy and 14 others
I'm so glad to hear you felt comfortable enough to share with her and that she was so supportive! You deserve it. I hope you're doing well, otherwise too!

Last edited:
Reactions: littlemoosey
I wish .....
Married for almost 25years, had "the secret" for 47years.
Have tried to drop small hints through the years, but all reactions has been negative.
In her words "worst turnoff ever"
Happy for you! Two accepting people around 😀

• Sad
Reactions: littlemoosey and teddytugger
That is awesome. 50 years is a long time, but I am so happy for you that you have two wonderful and supportive people in your life.

littlemoosey said:
Many of you who know my story know that I held this secret for over 50 years, and I did not tell my wife for 30 years. It was that closely held, it was the bane of my life. It was simultaneously embarrassing and humiliating.

Fast forward, life events have me finally telling my wife and it turns my life around, it turns our marriage around.

My niece, age 43, who is a family therapist cant help but notice a change in me, a change for the better over the last 2 years. In fact she renames me, "uncle xxx 2.0". She and I have several phone conversations and I kept tip-toeing around to what the catalyst was. I did tell her that I had a deeply held secret, one that I thought was so bad that it would be impossible to love me, but that my wife not only accepted me, she embraced this side of me whole heartedly. She taught me the meaning of "unconditional love" and re-enforces it everyday. My niece and I continued to talk and although she did not know that I was AB, she gave me more and more things to consider, things that were either affirming or positive, based on the few details that I gave her.

This past week, my wife son and I go on a family vacation with my nieces family. My niece and I take several walks together, long walks, and she has pieced it all together. I finally come clean with her and tell her everything. I tell her how it all started and how I progressed through the years, how I abstained for 30 years and how I hit the lowest point in my life and told my wife and how it was the best thing ever to happen to us.

My niece stopped looked at me, and said "this is nothing" she is refering to the AB part of my story. That of all the things, all the kinks, drugs and alcohol that I could have used in my life to handle my fears and my stresses, that this was nothing to be ashamed of afraid of...

I always knew that my neice would eventually know this abpt me, but after I died. I told my wife that she could tell my niece everything, show her everything. It was my hopes that she would be able to learn about ABDL and then help others like me, and couples that were in trouble because of ABDL.

I decided that a greater good could be served by telling her sooner rather than later, after all, what better way to learn than from the horses mouth. Although my neice was familiar with AGE PALY she was not totally conversant in ABDL and all of its nuances, and had only seen one case of it before. We had several fascinating conversations, with many more to come. Now she has a a reason to learn, to read to understand it. She has seen the dramatic change in me and change in my marriage.

I thought long and hard on wheter I would tell her or not, I am very glad that I did.

I hope that one day she can help others that are struggling with accepting this.

Now I can honestly say, only 2 people in the world know this about me... and they both have embraced me beyond my wildest comprehension.

I am blessed.
It is good that you can be yourself and not hide in fear and shame.

What a great post littlemoosey. I was tearing up reading it. I'm so happy and excited for you in this time of your life. I hope this for all of us littles.

Thanx BAP21, I wish it for everybody else as well. I was just lucky, the timing was right.

Im so glad you were able to come out to somone who understands moosey! I know with me I was terrified to show my mother my diapers and explain why I was getting so many deliveries. I was shocked when she didn't judge or care that I was doing it as long as it wasn't involving her obviously

Back