Someone un-VIPped me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xdeadx

I really think it's your ratio of posts to rep or neg rep to plus rep. But yea I don't think losing VIP status is that big of a deal, there's like nothing in the VIP board anyways. I'd only be mad about missing my big green name =P

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
For all that no one cares about VIP status, the threads on the subject certainly generate a lot of comments. Darkfinn, I'm sorry you lost your VIP-ness, but I do expect it's a temporary loss given your past performance. Seems like if you were concerned about a flaw in the process, this thread would have been better directed to the Requests forum, though.

Presuming that this wasn't some bug within the mysterious system, I think it serves as yet another reminder that VIP status isn't a stationary point to reach with relief, it's a shifting target. We're only as good as our last post or other contribution and if we're not measuring up, we get the hook.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I think everyone needs to calm down about this, we are just saying the same things over and over again now... Really, you lost VIP status, it's not the end of the world. VIP status, cool but not needed. Just keep posting and you should get it back eventually.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
After doing some research in my forum's vBulletin admin control panel, unless moo added a modification then, He could set his promotions up one of these ways:
Reputation Level

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's customized. I'd imagine it's part of his cron job that runs once an hour.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Pojo you're probably on the edge of the secret requirement, it probably will take very little to get back into VIP-hood.

But did you have to revive this thread?

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I'll revive it yet again...even tho' I've said it before...the whole idea of "BUYING" VIP status is ridiculous...I've seen one 'gold donor'...wow someone had $20 to toss away this month...hurrah...but next month, unless they donate again, they'll lose that much coveted status. It's not a one-time purchase...you have to keep paying and paying. Yes, I'm still p*ssed off that I don't have my customisable username. For me that was the only 'perk' I missed about the whole VIP thing and saying "now you can buy it (if you pay at least 20 dollars every month)" is like telling me "We don't give a f*ck about you (our members), it's all about the MONEY!"

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I'll revive it yet again...even tho' I've said it before...the whole idea of "BUYING" VIP status is ridiculous...I've seen one 'gold donor'...wow someone had $20 to toss away this month...hurrah...but next month, unless they donate again, they'll lose that much coveted status. It's not a one-time purchase...you have to keep paying and paying. Yes, I'm still p*ssed off that I don't have my customisable username. For me that was the only 'perk' I missed about the whole VIP thing and saying "now you can buy it (if you pay at least 20 dollars every month)" is like telling me "We don't give a f*ck about you (our members), it's all about the MONEY!"

But The custom title is what the VIP status and gold donators share and share only. I think its a rather silly amount to pay just for a status, and if I were the administrator, I would of let custom titles to Gold donators. But it seems to be a lot of fuss over something so simple and trivial?

Besides, The gold donators I know so far are VIPs anyway. And Moo did say, he wanted the people who have been here the longest and have enjoyed using ADISC services to donate. So the chances are, they are VIPs anyway. Yes, there are non-vip monthly donators, but I have yet to see anyone with their custom title and be regular status.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Besides, The gold donators I know so far are VIPs anyway. And Moo did say, he wanted the people who have been here the longest and have enjoyed using ADISC services to donate. So the chances are, they are VIPs anyway. Yes, there are non-vip monthly donators, but I have yet to see anyone with their custom title and be regular status.
A lot of people who weren't even on TBDL donated, so no. And even if VIPs donate, it IS possible to "buy" the user titles, and that's ridiculous.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
it IS possible to "buy" the user titles, and that's ridiculous.

User titles, ****ing serious business!

Just as a reminder, this is an internet forum, let's not get too emotionally invested in user titles, come on.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
The way I'm looking at it, is that I am not shooting for VIP. If it happens, that's cool, and if it doesn't, that's cool too. I have a life outside of ADISC with real-world concerns, and my status on an internet forum just isn't at the top of my list. In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Personally I don't care about getting VIP back ever. Those of you who said we place way too much priority on titles are right. I'll let my reputation speak for itself.

Kip

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm not shooting for VIP status either. It would be nice, but it isn't essential. I enjoy the atmosphere here, and that is what matters to me. The people are nice and very helpful. I might donate every few months, but I can't afford to donate every month because I don't have a job anymore(Thank God!!).

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
User titles, ****ing serious business!

Just as a reminder, this is an internet forum, let's not get too emotionally invested in user titles, come on.
Bah, I don't care that much about them. Don't judge me from what I say on said Internet forum, it's like judging someone's appearance from his avatar.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Bah, I don't care that much about them. Don't judge me from what I say on said Internet forum, it's like judging someone's appearance from his avatar.

I wasn't speaking 'bout you in particular, I just used your quote as an example. :]

I could have used others but yours was the closest, I'm lazy like that.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'd prefer if I didn't have to hear about this anymore. Its the internet, get over it. May suck... but your not going to die.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
it's like judging someone's appearance from his avatar.

DarkSealDS and Alex Chief!

I don't care, I'm a far ways away from VIP, I don't care about the user title, more about the VIP forum. But all and all nothing really interesting has been going on here lately, so I'm sure VIP doesn't make much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.