Someone un-VIPped me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I noticed that with Incomplete Dude, he had 10 rep but was still a regular.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Well... there is supposedly the "secret requirement" to be a VIP... and I was one until about 5 mins ago.

I see that all the other VIPs are still there.

What happened? Have I offended the powers that be in some way shape or form? Noone mentioned anything to me about it.

Role
Private
Such is life, I suppose.

There's been a lot of debate about the secret requirement. I'm not too fond of it (especially if it were based on personal opinion), but I accept it as it is.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Try reducing postage.

I maybe wrong. But I notice that there are more VIPs with less then 10 posts a day.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Someone had said that there was a ratio between good reps and bad. Remember your comment when you said something smelled like bull...t, and you thought you'd get negative repped and you did. Did the ratio play into your VIP standing?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I doubt ratio has anything to do with it... I've got 40+ good... a few neutral... and 6 bad.

It doesn't really matter that much to me that I'm not considered a VIP anymore... I'd just like to know why.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sorry to hear it. :( But I really do doubt your going to find out why... unless it was a glitch.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Someone had said that there was a ratio between good reps and bad. Remember your comment when you said something smelled like bull...t, and you thought you'd get negative repped and you did. Did the ratio play into your VIP standing?
That's what I believe it to be. However I cannot be certain. But yeah, it sucks.

Moo wanted to make it so that you can look back and see what you did. I personally don't know what it is that caused you to leave VIP status. But whatever it is, you are probably on the borderline of the limit (if there is one).

But I don't like talking about the secret requirement. Its like blasphemy! And a little rude in my opinion.

But I with Lukie in that I am not fond of it but glad that there isn't somone ticking off a list who can come in and who can't

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I have full faith that this secret requirement makes more sense than meets the eye. However, if this particular re system is ever abandoned, I hope the requirement is then revealed.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
if this particular re system is ever abandoned, I hope the requirement is then revealed.
Personally, I don't care. Its not like the holocaust where people are disappearing behind a curtain and never coming back. No one was really harmed and its only going to cause arguments and harm if it is revealed. I can assure you there is drama to ensure otherwise.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I doubt ratio has anything to do with it... I've got 40+ good... a few neutral... and 6 bad.

It doesn't really matter that much to me that I'm not considered a VIP anymore... I'd just like to know why.
Well, you probably won't find out why you were demoted. If Moo told anyone, the who idea of VIP status being more than just 10 rep would be obsolete.
Although I reckon post count, rep score and negative reps somehow figure into the equation.

Plus, since the process is automatic, you'll probably bounce back into VIP within a week or something when you go beyond that (invisible and unkown) barrier you've just crossed in the other direction.

Peachy

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
maybe is something linked about how many positive/negative reps you GIVE, not only how many you get.

Last time I repped somebody, a window appeared with the phrase "thanks to have added reputation to this post. We hope you'll get the same soon" (or something like this), so I can suppose thet this could be a factor.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I would believe that this had something to do with rep... but it's been 3 days since I recieved any rep... and 4 days since I gave any. If something happened "automaticly" it should have happened quite a while ago.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It happened to me a looooooooong time ago (okay, just a few months), and people didn't seem to wonder why. I was a VIP, had 16 reputation points, stayed like this for a week, then suddenly lost my status.

I do think it has something to do with ratio. Moo triple neg repped me for an Anonymous thread, and at the same time, I lost my status.

If not, then it HAS to be manual selection. I really can't find any other possibility.

EDIT: Or maybe you get demoted if you have more than X neg rep.

Last edited:

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Darkfinn...welcome to the club...well...we should form a club...those who used to be VIP 'n then suddenly find themselves no-longer-VIP. At least you're a regular! I don't have that status! *wonders what she is* I'm not a regular, not a newbie, not a lurker, not a VIP...I have no status at all!

Unmarth...as to the idea of 'looking back' to see what you did. How the heck is anyone supposed to figure out what it is they did wrong if they don't know what it is they're supposed to do right?

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Unmarth...as to the idea of 'looking back' to see what you did. How the heck is anyone supposed to figure out what it is they did wrong if they don't know what it is they're supposed to do right?
I don't know. It was something that Moo said after the site got updated and he introduced the new secret requirement.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I'm not a fan of this VIP system -- I like the 10-rep thing a lot more (heck, make it 15 or 20. Just give us something to shoot for.) But it's not really worth all the hup-up. Just a non-active forum, a bold name, and you're own custom user-title. I ain't gonna lose sleep over it, I don't think anyone should.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Darkfinn...welcome to the club...well...we should form a club...those who used to be VIP 'n then suddenly find themselves no-longer-VIP.
Soon, that will mean everyone but Moderators. :B
And Pojo. :p

At least you're a regular!
Yeah, but anyone can become a Regular very easily anyways.

I don't have that status! *wonders what she is* I'm not a regular, not a newbie, not a lurker, not a VIP...I have no status at all!
Really?
You have a Donor status, though. :B

Good point.

Personally, I think that if VIP status has to do with personal opinion or reputation ratio, it's a silly idea, because people change, and they learn from their errors. Considering past errors in something like that is just unnecessary.

Maybe the requirement is 'not having more than X (five or something) negative reputation points'.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
Darky, man that really sucks about your status. I assume it had somthing to do with you calling out that unbeliveable post. And I'm glad you did, you said what needed to be said. Well, sorry about your luck and I wish you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.