Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
So... rumours would have it that:
> This is a temp forum only.
> This is a temp forum, unless the old data can be recovered.
> This is a temp forum, and only the URL will stay the same.
> This is the new forum - nuff said.

I jst wanna know, assuming the old data is recovered, what will happen? will we lose everything that's here just now? What will change other than the fact we'll have the old stuff back? And if we don't get the old data, do we stay as we are now?

Apologies for the numerous questions - jst wanna know exactly what's going on :confused:

oh yeah... and sorry if this has already been asked, and answered to lol

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Basicly It's
But nothing yet has been said.

About "If we lose this stuff if we do get the old stuff back."
That I don't know. I think the software might see that these are newer.

The URL is going to stay as ADISC.org

:)

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I guess if new data is recovered they will find away to put the topics that were not there from here on there. But it is very hard to recover deleted data without a great number of backup files somewhere.

Bobkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Ok.. I've had to deal with a formatted hard disk before.. tho i've never sent it to a Recovery tech soo id unno how this works.. personally tho I think theres a slim chance of getting the old stuff back cause the way Hard disks work. theyre alot like Cd-r-RW's
cept a little more complecated

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Cd-r-RW's.....

I hate those things, they don't like me, and I don't like them and that's the way it should be......

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
If none of the old data can be recovered, then this is the new site. If it can be recovered, I assume that these new topics will eventually be transferred over to the old site (but it'll still have this URL).

Either way: Still post here! It's not a waste of time, because even if this is a temporary forum, the posts and rep will probably be moved over...

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I am pretty anxious to see the outcome of the data recovery! It would be neat if we did get everything back, I hope for Moo's sake that we do.

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I tried out the new Time Machine backup system on the new Mac OS X 10.5 and it's pretty cool! I found some files from like...forever ago! Maybe Moo should invest in that in case the site should be deleted again?

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Yes Mac, they're better (but let's not start a whole new topic here):D

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Yes Mac, they're better (but let's not start a whole new topic here):D
Unfortunately, the server is a not a MAC. Its BSD If I remember correctly. But yes, I think it would be a wsie idea to invest in some form of back-up plan.

So these posts will be merged into the copy of the old site/recovered site. If the data recover is sucessful. I thought it would be far far far easier just to delete it/ arcehive it in a radnom web folder. As The members are different, and you don't really want to break the site again.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I is pouncehuggleded! ^_^

And like my little siggy thing below my named said on the old forum.....

Mac killed my inner child

:p

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
So... rumours would have it that:
> This is a temp forum only.
> This is a temp forum, and only the URL will stay the same.
> This is the new forum - nuff said.

I jst wanna know, assuming the old data is recovered, what will happen? will we lose everything that's here just now? What will change other than the fact we'll have the old stuff back? And if we don't get the old data, do we stay as we are now?

Apologies for the numerous questions - jst wanna know exactly what's going on :confused:

oh yeah... and sorry if this has already been asked, and answered to lol
The URL is going to stay as ADISC no matter what happens.

If we do manage to rescue the old database, I'm quite likely to use it instead of this one. I know people will be mad that their records from the last few weeks are gone, but realistically, losing 3 weeks worth of posts is less of a problem than losing 3 years worth of posts.
It is not certain, but it is highly likely. So long as the old database is intact and I can configure everything back how it was, I am highly likely to use it.

However, I am very unsure if we will be able to get the old DB back. If we can't, this forum will be gone over with a fine-tooth comb, and it will become the new permanent forum.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Why would you not archive this into the forum if you did get back the old one? Pleeeease, please, please

Status
Not open for further replies.