• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
I'm getting ready to build a computer (2nd one). But this one is going to be The best I can make At this time. AKA Quite expensive.

So I wanna make sure I do this right!
Are all these compatible?
Newegg.com - Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB port / Extra silver face plate - Card Readers I need it for photography.
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A78-E AM2+/AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops Anyone use this?
Newegg.com - Saitek PK17U Black/Silver 104 Normal Keys 12 Function Keys USB Standard Cyborg Keyboard - Keyboards
Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer FP708BK 5.25" Full Color Thermal/ Clock Control Panel (Black) - Controller Panels
Newegg.com - ASUS EN9500GT/DI/1G GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards x2
Newegg.com - SANS DIGITAL TR4M 4 Bay SATA to eSATA (Port Multiplier) JBOD Enclosure - Server RAID Systems
Newegg.com - Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model CT2KIT25664AA1067 - Desktop Memory x3
Newegg.com - CTX PV5931TR Black 15" USB 5-wire Resistive Touchscreen Monitor 300 cd/m2 500:1 Built in Speakers - Touchscreen Monitors x2
Newegg.com - Turtle Beach TBS-3300-01 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Montego DDL Sound Card - Sound Cards

I still need help picking a HDD and CD drives And a case that looks nice Oh! And a power thingy!

And I'm also thinking about getting this
Newegg.com - HP tx2-1270us Tablet PC AMD Turion X2 RM-75(2.20GHz) 12.1" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Radeon HD 3200 - Tablet PCs

I'm also stuck between buying windows 7 or XP.

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
For the HHD I would strongly STRONGLY the 150 gig or the 300 gig

Those are some of they best HHD on the market at the time. But srry I dont have time to go over everything else atm, works calling :)

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
An Intell is leading the market over AMD. Well IMO anyways

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
CPU fan: Unless you plan to do some serious overclocking, you probably can stick with the stock fan.
CPU: Looks like you really don't need a new fan for it, because it can run well with stock components.
Keyboard: A bit of a waste if you have any kind of budget...But it looks cool!
LOGISYS: I suppose its just for the coolness factor. Same thing can be done much easier with SpeedFan.
Graphics card: Don't go with a different brand than the designer. Also, try getting something with DDR3, if your motherboard supports it. A bit more future-ready and faster.
SANS enclosure: You need to get more hard drives, right? Why not just get a 1.5TB enclosure? Frys Electronics (Amazing electronics mini-chain in the bay area, they usually have good deals on hard drives.
Touch monitor: If you plan to do graphics and whatnot, you won't be able to use the monitor as a graphics tablet, they don't have enough precision to be used like that! Wacom has a 22" graphics tablet for about $2,000... Just go with a normal 30" LCD TV if you want space.

Status
Not open for further replies.