Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
A big complaint I had about the Abena Super X-plus was that it had really "hard" plastic on the outside. Very stiff, like it was made out of cardboard. I moved on to Bambinos, which are much better, but not perfect.

The pinnacle of diapers were the Attends I bought in 2002-2004. The plastic was almost like 'butter' it was so soft. Are there any diapers out there today that offer the same quality? I have yet to find one.

Thanks in advance.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Well, the 'cloth' covered disposable are much softer than the plastic ones. I think the CVS Brand is cloth covered.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
Well, the 'cloth' covered disposable are much softer than the plastic ones. I think the CVS Brand is cloth covered.

Yeah, I've tried the cloth-covered ones...that's just not for me. I'm a plastic kid at heart. :D

wayward1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Yeah the CVS brand is cloth coverd and is good, but is no match for the abenas or the molecares.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Yeah, I've tried the cloth-covered ones...that's just not for me. I'm a plastic kid at heart. :D

I couldn't agree with you more! Cloth covered (for me) is missing one of the key experiences of wearing a diaper!...the crinkle of the smooth plastic outside :)

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
A big complaint I had about the Abena Super X-plus was that it had really "hard" plastic on the outside. Very stiff, like it was made out of cardboard. I moved on to Bambinos, which are much better, but not perfect.

The pinnacle of diapers were the Attends I bought in 2002-2004. The plastic was almost like 'butter' it was so soft. Are there any diapers out there today that offer the same quality? I have yet to find one.

Thanks in advance.
I agree with all of this >.<

Bambinos are pretty good (and cute to boot).

And the pinnacle was Attends. If they took those Attends, added standing leak guards, and stuffed them thicker... perfect. (Well, I wouldn't say no to a cute babyish pattern on the front.)

One can dream...

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer

Ok, well with that said, I'd say probably Bambinos. The outside is kinda soft, but the inside is especially soft.

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Moli supers are pretty soft, but they still have that crinkle to them that makes them plastic sounding for the young at heart.

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur

You can still get Attends from xpmedical.com. The ones with the waistband and six tapes are really good IMO. From what I can tell they're very similar to the older ones that you're talking about. You may want to try them if you haven't already.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
From what I've tried, the dry 24/7 has among the softest plastic of anything I've tried. Other than that, there's plenty of cloth backed ones out there.

E

Elli

I'd thought my Kendall Lille and Tender-Care plastic backed ones were soft. Maybe I was thinking 'smooth'. One day I might try the others, then I'll know!

CalebBunny

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
I like cloth better, than disposable. And since i make my own i can make them as thick, soft and absorbent as i want. ^__^ really only way to go if you have the skills.

E

Elli

I tried to make my own once. Not a water-proof nor usable one, I'm not that skilled at these things. But just a white towelling nappy-shaped wrap with velco sides just to wear as a comfort, I guess. If I used some disposable pads and plastic pants it might work but by that time I might as well have bought disposables! I got a large bath towel, folded it double, traced around a Kendall Lille, sewed round all the edge, then sewed some velco on the sides. For my limited skill with all material and sewing type things, it's not that bad! Might finish it some time. But I don't enjoy sewing and I'm not great at it so if I want a decent cloth one, I'd really rather just buy one.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The softest diaper I can think of currently being manufactured is Bambino.

indiaperdl

DL couple Germany
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is the Bambino really different than the Secure X-Plus? I mean same manufacturer, same packaging, same price, different 'softness' or diaper overall?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Bambino is different from Secure X-plus. They are made by the same company, but it is a totally different product line.

Bambinos use a softer outer plastic, a softer and more porous inner liner, and they also use more SAP in the padding, resulting in a relatively thin diaper with huge capacity.

I have compared Secure X-plus to Bambino side-by-side before... it's like comparing an Abri-form Extra to an Abri-form X-plus. There are similarities... but there are also enough differences for it to be noticable.

If you haven't tried Bambino yet, you really should.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
One of the softest diapers I have ever used was the "old school" Walgreens overnight briefs. They had a "whisper" quiet plastic cover that was quiet but still plastic. They were also very absorbent for a store brand. I still have a bag and half left.

ExtraFluff

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Probably the softest ones I've used are what the original poster mentioned -- the new Attends. I assume I'm referring to the same ones -- the big change that Attends made in their product by lessening the thickness and width and changing to four tapes instead of six. I tried some of these in a sample pack a few years ago and, while I lamented that Attends had gotten rid of their superb diaper, I really liked the new one. It was very crinkly and baggy feeling and the plastic was very soft and pleasant.

The diaper that I've found is the least pleasant in terms of being too "stiff" is Molicare. I know a lot of people like these and I did like the thickness of them but just felt that the padding was way too compacted and stiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.