Social Suicide? It Wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kik91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Okay, so I did something that many of you guys will probably scold me.

I was feeling very good with myself today. I am a person who uses Facebook a lot, because it allows me to communicate with my friends over the world with ease. All my highschool, college and work friends are there, so I find it pretty convenient. So I do surf Facebook often, and I have come to realize that while many people share either funny, heartwarming or politic-related posts, I rarely see someone post something personal.

I have friends who post personal stuff there, because they feel comfortable to let it out. I thought I needed to do something like that, and I really felt brave.

So, this morning I made a post about not getting embarrassed about silly things.

And then I posted that I suck my thumb. I went into how I've done it all my life and how I do it a lot to feel relaxed.

It was a bit scary, because I knew everyone in my life would see it.

Well, the reaction has been immensely positive. One friend from highschool used a heart emoji and said "How beautiful!", but the best was a guy who really gave me a hard time in highschool. He gave it a "like", and then it was all followed by "likes" and "I love it" reactions.

So yeah, now everyone knows I suck my thumb. I don't care. I felt good and brave :)

braver than i am!

R E S P E C T !!! DUDE I mean it. U deserve it.

Coreyteen19 said:
R E S P E C T !!! DUDE I mean it. U deserve it.

*giggles*

Thank you! Really! I've always been told I'm a very brave person, and I try to be brave everyday. Well, the post has been up there for like 6 hours for all my 500+ contacts to see. But it's all been positive. I even said about how I cuddle a pillow because I lost my baby blanket at 13. There are even more "I love it" reaction than actual "likes". So yeah, maybe there is hope for humanity after all!

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, here is the post:

#ConfessionTime

I've been thinking about how self-conscious we are, and how we get embarrassed about the smallest things that really are not that big of a deal. So, today I'll share something about me with y'all.

I suck my thumb. Like an infant.

I've done it all my life, and I do it a lot. When I go to bed, or when I'm chilling watching Netflix, or just need to relax. I even have a pillow I hug (it replaced my baby blanket that I lost when I was 13 haha). It just gives me peace, more than any cigarette or beer could ever give me.

So yeah, this confession is a reminder that we're all different and special, but sometimes, we get burdened by silly stuff!

I'm happy with with it. if anyone wants to call me a baby or anything in the comments, go ahead, I don't care ;)

#Thumbsucker

^~^ That's awesome. You have a lot of courage. I could never do that. But in my defense I know many would rage against it because my littleness isn't entirely unknown, and they've reacted badly before.

It's only a matter of time...

I have done the same on Facebook, I had grown tired of hiding the fact I wear diapers and that I actually use the diapers for there intended purpuse.
So one day I decided to come clean and tell all, I posted that I started wearing diapers again back in 1987 and even though I have lost most of my bladder and bowel control I still enjoyed wearing diapers. I even posted a photo of my diapers stacked in the hall of my house and one of me in only a diaper.
Lost a lot of so called friends that day and family members that no longer talk to me, but I look at it this way, it’s their loss not mine. I’m still the same person they knew before I came out on Facebook.

lonnie said:
I have done the same on Facebook, I had grown tired of hiding the fact I wear diapers and that I actually use the diapers for there intended purpuse.
So one day I decided to come clean and tell all, I posted that I started wearing diapers again back in 1987 and even though I have lost most of my bladder and bowel control I still enjoyed wearing diapers. I even posted a photo of my diapers stacked in the hall of my house and one of me in only a diaper.
Lost a lot of so called friends that day and family members that no longer talk to me, but I look at it this way, it’s their loss not mine. I’m still the same person they knew before I came out on Facebook.

While I find it darn brave and heartwarming, I honestly can understand both types of reaction. While a minority of naysayers might be really that smallminded like they act, I presume most of them are just as afraid of the reactions of their peers as anyone trying to pull this off on Facebook. "Look, that lowlife is friends with a pervert!". I think most of the negative reactions are just out of fear. If not from peer pressure, then out of fear of the unknown/different.

While I am not ready to post my love for diaper publicly, posting that I suck my thumb felt pretty brave and good. I really am comfortable with everyone knowing that!!

Pretty much everyone knows I collet collect plushies, but I'm femme and kind of a hyper little thing, so I have a pass. No one knows about anything else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back