Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Just wondering if this had anything to do with abdlism. The social class we are all in.

At first I was just thinking how much money, but that wouldn't really make much sense. I mean - A mother and son who makes 60,000 USD a year would be much better off than a family of 10 who makes 100,000 USD, even though the family of 10 seems to have more, because the number is higher.

I was also thinking too, how money may be linked to social status. If you can afford to be put into a whole bunch of activities, you may have more friends, and you wouldn't have time for this. Or if you are from a very prestigious family, and something like this wasn't mentioned (Nor was anything else taboo - for that matter) would it even cross your mind?

So I am making a poll just out of curiousity. Personally, I have only ever really talked to *B/DLs in the lower-middle class range. I have only met 1 person who was high class. (Of course, based on people I have gotten close to, and actually discussed these things with.)

PS... this poll is PRIVATE. (The votes are NOT public) so feel free to vote honestly... no one will know unless you say so.

As for me... I grew up lower-class... my mom was single and young. But even though she had no money, my Grama was always there so we appeared to have quite a bit of things, and I always got what I want. However, once my mom got her act together things got much better. Now - We would be considered middle class.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
My upbringing was a little bizarre, I think. My parents are social workers, but my current father didn't come along 'til I was 14 (I am 32 now and on my own). My biological father, a law student, had a stroke in 1982 and passed away when I was about 14, in 1990. My mother took an enormous amount of energy in taking care of him, and for me, which in itself is not easy, as I have a demanding disability called spina bifida. When my mother remarried, and my bio father passed, we became more stable moneywise by a longshot. My parents are lucky enough to live in an upper-mid to upper class town in southern California that is world renowned for its horse track (Del Mar). I suppose they would qualify as middle class, but only because of pensions that I am eligible for, and help they have from my uncle, a bank VP in St. Louis.

As for my diaper fetish, I only discovered it a couple years ago. As for my footed PJ fetish, I don't know. I knew about it ever since I was a preteen, having two babysitters who had daughters roughly my age who wore footed PJs whenever I was there. One family was middle class, but with no husband. The other was upper mid, but the parents have since divorced.

Not sure if any of that answers your question or concern, but that's my DL history, I guess.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I'm working class. I have no idea if this really means anything on a website with people from all over the world.

But middle class people sound all posh. Think about American TV, where you have really annoying "British" (often American actors) people speaking poshly, and acting all stereotypical, that's like middle class. Working class is more scumbag than that. :p

They say that you are working class if you call it a serviette, and middle/upper class if it's a napkin. :p

I live in a town that used to be big in cotton cloth manufacture, and my (great) grandparents worked in the mills, or down the pit. So that makes me working class.

I guess you are more likely to be of a lower class if you are a TB/DL etc. I tend to see higher class people as being less opened minded about sexual stuff, it's more of a big deal. But then lower class people can often be very closed minded too. So I have no idea. :p

Little ollie

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Myself Lower to middle class unless i am at my dad's which is upper class. All my mates are lower class and I prefer those people to be honest.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think the population of the internet is probably about 99.999% middle-class, so that's probably what your results will look like. poor people can't afford computers, and rich people are too busy giving dinner parties and going on caribbean cruises to mingle with the riff-raff online.

personally i'm dirt poor but i come from a middle-class family. i'd say we were upper-middle while i was growing up. we lived in a fairly large house on three wooded acres in the countryside outside of town, and my dad worked for the state government. now that my parents are divorced my mom is more in the lower-middle-class bracket but she still lives pretty comfortably.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
We are middle class...I don't know if it's upper or lower though...Where we live, it's more expensive then a good deal of places around here I think...But it's also cheaper than a lot...So who knows

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You make a good point, Charlie.

How I see it is:
Upper Class being the rich, famous, and all that jazz.
Middle Class what you would call "Working Class" where you still get what you need, and have that little bit extra to spend.
Lower Class: lower paying jobs, welfare, etc... Where you can really only afford what you need.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
You could consider me to be upper class, I think. My parent's make a good amount of money, we go on a lot of vacations, and my parent's are paying for me to go to college.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
My background is mixed.

When I was born my parents were lower middle class... my biological father was a policeman and my mother worked in a hosiery mill.

My mom got a new job at a doctors office when I was 5-ish... so that bumped us up some... but then my parents got divorced when I was 13... so that brought us down.

I went through high-school in what I would consider the lower class. We had a little house, my mom had a car, and I had a truck... but that was about it. I got my first job the day I turned 16 and was working 20-30 hours a week during the school year and 40-50 hours a week during the summers. My mom didn't make me pay any bills... but I was responcible for my own food, gas, and clothing.

Then things changed... my mom got re-married during my senior year of HS. My stepdad is a doctor... plenty of money. I got a new truck... then a new car... had a lot of nice stuff. It was pretty cool... but I felt out-of-touch with my roots. When I left for college my parents got a big house on the lake in a ritzy neighborhood.

Now I'm on my own... definately lower class... trying to get by these last couple of years hasn't been very easy. Trying to keep two people going on what basicly amounts to one person's pay is no fun. It's stressful... but we both do what we can (and what we have to) to make ends meet.

Hopefully this will change for us soon. But no matter where I go I will stay true to my roots... I'm a hard workin' redneck... and proud of it. I don't need all these fancy clothes and high-society friends. I've got all I ever need in LuvsGurl... so as long as we can make it I'm happy.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
With my dad on disability and mom working night work in a factory at minimum wage plus a little night premium, we definitely grew up lower class. Of course, as a child I didn't know anything about classes. Just figured everyone was getting by about the same as us. Having a better education and better job put the family I raised into the middle class income range, though with the cost of everything continually increasing I sometimes think we're not much better off than lower class income families.:(

~Pramrider

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Gotta love being in America... many famalies are just one mishap... one sickness... one suprise bill... away from not making it at all. What a wonderful system we have here.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My mom often says she was better off on welfare, than being a nurse.

On welfare she got discounts, our rent was 130 dollars, free medical care...
When she became a nurse, we now pay for our health coverage (albiet better) or rent spiked to almost 900... and to top it all off she now has to pay for me to go to University (which she cant do, thank god for grama)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
My mom often says she was better off on welfare, than being a nurse.

On welfare she got discounts, our rent was 130 dollars, free medical care...
When she became a nurse, we now pay for our health coverage (albiet better) or rent spiked to almost 900... and to top it all off she now has to pay for me to go to University (which she cant do, thank god for grama)
This is why so many people just stay on "the system". It is corrupted. I have friends who were on welfare and got to go to college for free... but if your parents make any kind of money they should have to fork it all over to send you to school. It's bullshit... and don't get me started on student loans... coming out of college with no job and $20,000 to $50,000 in debt. What a great way to build our society.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My mom has been out of College for 8 years now, and she -still- has student loans she is paying off.

80,000 dollars in debt...
Just coming off welfare
2 kids
A HUGE spike in rent

Yep - It's great over here, too.

But at least she got them, and some people -can- get them. Luckier than those that can't.

I really think they should take into account a lot more than just what people gross.

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
More or less my whole extended family is very much working class (lower class if you want to call it that) and professions include plumbing, steelworks or whatever the local industry is/was, armed service and working in shops and supermarkets and such. My surviving grandparents live in council homes and one grandfather was a carpenter and good old fashioned union man who went on the Jarrow march as a lad while the other worked in an ironworks. Generally pretty tough lives.

My parents, however, were the first in each of their families to go to university and work in nicely paid civil service jobs these days so I grew up in a leafy suburb and very middle class environment and we were quite comfortable as a family; not rich by any means but certainly middles class. So they grew up working class but became middles class and I was born into that, I suppose.

D

daria7483

My background is mixed. I selected "middle class" because my income now would put me pretty squarely in that category. My living situation with my mom growing up would definitely have been described as "working class" or "lower middle class"...we lived with my grandmother for many years to take some of the financial stress off my mom after my parents divorced (when I was 2) and even after we moved out things were definitely tight. That's not to say my mom was uneducated though. She had a bachelor's degree, but it was in the most useless thing ever (English) so she held down a series of substitute teaching jobs and then did some clerical work for several years. She now has a Ph.D. and things are a little better, but she still doesn't make much money and I don't know how she will ever retire.

On weekends, though, I'd go off to my dad's very middle class lifestyle with his large house in the suburbs with my stepmom, where I didn't have to worry about getting a huge lecture about how much things cost when I asked if we could go see a movie. But he and my stepmom are struggling a bit now too, as she is back in school and not working full time, and the economy and high gas prices are putting a strain on things.

Anyway, what I learned from growing up is that I'd do just about anything to avoid being poor. I spent my childhood watching my mom try to buy food for me and her on $40 a week, and I don't ever want to have to go through that.

Oh and I should mention my mom chain smokes, we might have done a bit better if she didn't :(

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Well, I'd have to say upper-middle class.
My mother was born under communist rule (she was born in the late 1950s in the USSR.), so needless to say she didn't have much money. My paternal grandfather, however, was a high-ranked USN officer, so he was reasonably rich. He died before I was born, however. But now, both of my parents work, and make a fair amount of money.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I would say that we are middle. My family isn't rich but we do well for ourselfs; considering the fact that we lived in poverty for the first 5 yrs of my life.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Middle class... I guess. Definitely not upper class.

Status
Not open for further replies.