So why are you all afraid of buying diapers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyBuizel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Today I got the strength to go out and buy some cheap Walgreens diapers. This is the first time I ever bought adult diapers >.< I figured I'd start low and work my way up to higher quality diapers eventually. But to tell you the truth I wasn't worried at all. Which was uprising. I was more worried of being seen with them by family/friends. So why are some of you all worried about publicly buying diapers or being noticed wearing diapers ?

Frogsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Most people are afraid of little thoughts that they imagine are running through the minds of all the cashiers. These aren't (most often not) the real thoughts that are in the cashier's head, but what we fear could be the thoughts. And/or they're afraid the cashier will see them again somewhere and fully remember them as that guy/girl who bought adult diapers at their store. Maybe they'd tell their friends. Maybe they'd point to you and whisper. So far I haven't heard of this ever happening to anyone here, but I've heard a lot of expressions of fear over that idea.

I'm glad you were able to buy without worry! That's a great sign of self-confidence. :) Well done!

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I'm afraid of being caught/seen

MOPaddED

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I'm fine with walk-in purchases and have bought at many places nearby. I did get a bit off-game once at a medical supply warehouse though that was being unfamiliar with that process. To me there's much more risk involved in online purchasing; someone else in the house could easily intercept the package, and one of those somebodies worked in the health care field and knows a package of diapers when they see one

Littledaimon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Well for me is the being caught or seen by someone I know or knows me indirectly. It has been a while since I bought locally but I guess I'll have to embrace those fears because there are no other options.

Adventurer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
  4. Other
When you live somewhere smaller, as I do, there's always a risk of running into someone you know. I regularly run into people I know while shopping (thankfully, never with diapers in hand!). So for some people, it's a very legitimate fear. I usually drive to the next town over to make my purchases just to decrease the risk. There are always risks involved, but risks can be reduced greatly if you plan ahead.

Frogsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
When you live somewhere smaller, as I do, there's always a risk of running into someone you know. I regularly run into people I know while shopping (thankfully, never with diapers in hand!). So for some people, it's a very legitimate fear. I usually drive to the next town over to make my purchases just to decrease the risk. There are always risks involved, but risks can be reduced greatly if you plan ahead.

Oh man that's the truth. That was how it was before I moved to TX. Everyone in my town knew each other, including me. (I was 'the new one' for a few years, even if they didn't know my name, they knew of me.) I knew every employee and everyone shopping in the grocery store except for tourists. So yeah in small towns, even if you were legitimately incontinent, everyone would know your personal medical issues. I never bought private things there!! I'm just getting used to life in a town that's 60 times as big. I don't recognize anyone except the guy who makes the sushi at the grocery store, who points at me and says "crunchy rolls!" LOL. I love that guy.

Rigby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Well, like people said, small towns usually. Most of the cashiers around here are people I went to High School with. I couldn't see myself buying adult diapers without at least a look of confusion. Not only that, but I can't drive, so I'd have to walk home with a bag full of diapers! That'd only make the experience that much worse.

Ordering online (if it's an option) can provide a wider selection, better diapers for your dollar, and discretion. Although, discretion can still be an issue ordering online (I know my local post office has opened my diaper packages before to rebox them due to damages; it's extremely humiliating). Still, most people experience much less anxiety when ordering online.

Braddeh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
My main fear when buying diapers is just getting caught.

Whether buying at a store or buying online, the main idea is just the big #1 fear is being caught by someone you know who doesn't know of you being an AB/DL.

It's easier to get caught on my end specifically because a friend of mine works at the supermarket I go to so I constantly have to be cautious when I even think about buying AB/DL related stuff so he doesn't find me out and things go sour.

aviationchild

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
My main fear, as others have said, is getting caught by someone I know. I run into people I know at grocery stores all the time, and I can imagine other stores would not be much different. I am ok with ordering online, since most online diaper vendors ship discreetly.

I am also ok with buying in stores when I am travelling since I know that I will not run into anyone I know. The selection is not as good in stores so I usually don't.

purlgirl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Most people are afraid of little thoughts that they imagine are running through the minds of all the cashiers.

This is exactly what I would be worried about! I've ordered online because I know otherwise I would go bright red and get flustered if I were to try to buy some in a shop.

As Frogsy said though, good on you that you felt confident to do so.

ShyBuizel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Well, like people said, small towns usually. Most of the cashiers around here are people I went to High School with. I couldn't see myself buying adult diapers without at least a look of confusion. Not only that, but I can't drive, so I'd have to walk home with a bag full of diapers! That'd only make the experience that much worse.

Ordering online (if it's an option) can provide a wider selection, better diapers for your dollar, and discretion. Although, discretion can still be an issue ordering online (I know my local post office has opened my diaper packages before to rebox them due to damages; it's extremely humiliating). Still, most people experience much less anxiety when ordering online.

That's one reason I'm worried about ordering online. Also my parents could intercept the package or would wonder what I ordered.

JoeyFrancis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Carer
Gratz ShyBuizel!
I started out years ago buying from local stores (and sometimes still do). I vaguely remember the first time in Jan 1999, probably because I was nervous and embarrassed in the K-Mart from which I'd bought my first bag of Depends.
My mother was waiting in the car for me after school, I told her I needed to buy a pillow. I had my school backpack with me, so shortly after I'd bought the diapers I tore the package open and stuck them individually into my backpack as well as the lining of the pillow.
I think I was more worried to have my Mom catch me, although she'd caught me in the past beforehand.

whosevolving

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've bought from Walgreens before. The cashier asked how my day was and I said it would be better if I wasn't running errands for everyone else. lol Did he believe me, who knows!

The benefit to this day and age is that 24 hour Walgreens are easy to find so, if anything, buy them in the next city or two over at midnight or something. Just a thought.

D

Deleted member 176

I bought some goodnites from a local shop quite recently for the first time.
I used the self checkout and made sure no-one was around. It was still pretty nerve wracking though.

pamperedyellowone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Same here........ the main reason being that I live in a small town where the possiblity of being seen buying them by someone I know is to great . :what:

tall2826

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I don't buy diapers in stores as much as I used to and I was terrified my first time doing it and I still am when I do. I usually just linger in the diapers section forever and eventually buy them. I live in a small town and the wallgreens about a mile from my house is not open 24 hours a day so I will be going at night when not a lot of people are about.

ShyBuizel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I've bought from Walgreens before. The cashier asked how my day was and I said it would be better if I wasn't running errands for everyone else. lol Did he believe me, who knows!

The benefit to this day and age is that 24 hour Walgreens are easy to find so, if anything, buy them in the next city or two over at midnight or something. Just a thought.

Did I fail to mention that's what I did. Buying outside my town I live in. I live in town that has about 7,000 people. It has a CVS on main street but I worried I's run into someone I know. So I drove to a neighboring city called that has about 40,000 people and went to a walgreens. ( I heard their diapers are a better deal plus I like Walgreens better )

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Today I got the strength to go out and buy some cheap Walgreens diapers. This is the first time I ever bought adult diapers >.< I figured I'd start low and work my way up to higher quality diapers eventually. But to tell you the truth I wasn't worried at all. Which was uprising. I was more worried of being seen with them by family/friends. So why are some of you all worried about publicly buying diapers or being noticed wearing diapers ?

Actually, I love buying diapers. Especially from the cutest girl working registers.

IzzyFox

Just an oddball fur in a diaper.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Most people are afraid of little thoughts that they imagine are running through the minds of all the cashiers. These aren't (most often not) the real thoughts that are in the cashier's head, but what we fear could be the thoughts. And/or they're afraid the cashier will see them again somewhere and fully remember them as that guy/girl who bought adult diapers at their store. Maybe they'd tell their friends. Maybe they'd point to you and whisper. So far I haven't heard of this ever happening to anyone here, but I've heard a lot of expressions of fear over that idea.

I had this fear when I first started buying adult diapers, but nothing like this ever happened. As with my fears in general, I imagined a worst case scenario that never actually ends up happening. Things got easier as time progressed.

Nowadays, I buy my diapers online. This isn't due to the irrational fear I had in the past, but due to the fact that there are diapers I can find on the internet that are far superior to anything I can find in a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.