Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
So today I planned on buying some adult nappies at a pharmacy and I just couldn't. The were so many people around (cause Christmas) in each pharmacy that if I did buy some I would feel like I was putting on a show for them all. I went to supermarkets next and could not bring myself to buy them either too scared someone I know might op around the corner. I then finally found a pharmacy that had zero people in there and there was adult nappies on the back wall but yet again what do I do? I make up some stupid story about looking for perfumes for my mum for xmas. when the clerk asked me do I need anything it should of been "yes do you have any <insert nappy brand>" I thought I was beyond this crap. Turns out I am too afraid of what random people think of me a young 19 year old boy buying adult nappies. How do you stop caring what people think!

Thanks mate, yeah I normally think like that. Just today, I haven't bought any nappies in a while and I just freaked out, I went back to my old ways before I used to not care. In some situations it's because I saw someone I know that triggered it back I guess. I can't imagine trying to explain to a co-worker why I am buying nappies. It just scares the living heck out of me thinking if they knew.

just do it. yesterday, in the gym locker room, after i got out of the shower, I dropped my towel to the ground. I reached for a thick abena m4 from my gym back and opened it up. Then, I slid it under and positioned the diaper before I taped down. The whole locker room was filled with older guys. I didn't care. Put pants on and then a shirt. Im sure everyone saw it, but its diapers! They probably felt sorry for me. Lol.

You just have to do it and get it done with. Random people who I don't know don't bother me I just fear someone I know will see me in the store. Typically if I'm going to buy them at a store. I'll either go at night or I'll go out of town to buy them. Nowadays I just order premium diapers from the internet but remembering back to when I was your age. It just gets easier the more times you just suck it up an go through with it. Also the older you and your peers get the less you/they are going to care/bother you about it. The average person has enough respect to not worry about other people'a business

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I used go into boots and worry about buying the pads and nappies then if the store had self check out used then .but now I don't worry as I use now a shop that for medical supplies and the shop worker is very friendly and she give me the be best advice on which ones , I don't worry now and she know it for me

Can you order online? It might be a bit more expensive but at least you don't have to worry about confrontation

Yeah I can order online just it's so close to Christmas and we are going away for a bit thought I might go quickly buy some either to take with me (they're pull up style) or for when I get back. Not waiting until next year you know? Normally I would order online. I think I'll take other peeps advice and do it tomorrow. No "trying". It's also not really random people as much as it is people I know that might see me that scares me or stops me from buying.

I recommend buying online and having it shipped to the local ups or FedEx store to pick it up.

Bro you gotta do the sunglasses trick, walk in pick them up, walk to the counter drop them down without looking at anyone and just say "that's all thanks."

Either that or you know Paddingplus or littles down under to get the best.

Sorry you had a rough time of it.

The worst feeling buddy, having been there I feel for you. I hope you find the courage. The stupid thing is that if you were actually on an erand for someone you wouldn't care less about it, either would the sales assistant. Any way, self check out is a good option, and maybe pick up a couple of other items to camouflage your purchase.

Honestly, the best way I've found to go about it is, when you're going to the store, go with the intention of buying something else as well (Something you actually need, be it something stupid like a candy bar or something or maybe a present for someone, a Christmas/holiday card?) It helps when the diapers aren't the only thing you're going into the store for. Of course don't just buy random things and waste your money! I am fortunate enough that my mother understands and if I go with her to the grocery store and pay for the diapers myself she'll be able to camouflage the diapers in the weeks groceries so no one really thinks about it. Usually once you get a cashier going scanning stuff they don't really question what's being scanned.

Of course some grocery stores have self checkouts as well. I know that a pharmacy is probably a better place to get diapers but it wouldn't hurt to check out a local grocery store that has a self checkout line.

And if worse comes to worse and someone questions you about it? "It's none of your business." Is the answer I've seemed to use a lot. Because people don't really know. There are plenty of reasons why you could be buying diapers. Of course they could be for you, for all they know you're incont? And that would make them seem incredibly rude. Or perhaps you're buying them for a family member who you care for? Maybe a neighbor asked you to shop for them. Or even you could say you're getting them to donate to a family that needs them. Of course there are other reasons too why you could be buying them. Some people use diapers for non-diaper related things. I read a while back that some mechanics use diapers to collect leaking fluids under cars and stuff because its better than nothing. So on and so forth. The fact is people don't need to know why you're buying them. And if they ask? It's kinda none of their bushiness.

Plus most of the time, the person ringing up your items doesn't really care. I mean look at it this way: Most people who are cashiers probably don't want to be standing there all day ringing up items. They'd probably rather be doing a different job. (Unless you actually like your job but if you are one of those people who like being a cashier you're probably not an asshole so) Long story short: Don't worry about it. You're more likely to get comments if it's some blatantly obvious weird thing like buying a cucumber and lube and that's it. Then you might get some odd looks (I'd certainly give that person an odd look lol), but diapers? No one is really going to care unless you make a big deal out of it yourself.

In my early days of buying attends in person, I always went several towns away. I think it always helps to know that you are 99% guaranteed to be a stranger in the store. I also like the idea that you are buying for someone else. And in a sense, you are for in many ways this part of you is an alter ego. So make a conscious effort to separate you from your diaper self and maybe that will help. See, you really are buying them for someone else. On top of that it is important to do it now because you cannot wait for a parcel delivery. It may even be normal to be a bit embarrassed. That would not be unusual from the clerks perspective. This is not an every day purchase for most people. Looking back, everything I ever worried about regarding buying diapers never materialized as real. Just make a plan and go get them.

Once you get over the hump the first time, and buy diapers, it becomes so much easier. I remember my first time, taking off with my mom's car late at night without permission. I went to Walgreens and I must've paced for a long while. Some of it with the diapers in my hands. It was so intimidating.

Today I still have the nervous feeling but it doesn't really deter me from buying. I just go on like normal. People buy them all the time. It could be for others or themselves. The cashier doesn't immediately expect it to be for you.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Once you get over the hump the first time, and buy diapers, it becomes so much easier. I remember my first time, taking off with my mom's car late at night without permission. I went to Walgreens and I must've paced for a long while. Some of it with the diapers in my hands. It was so intimidating.

Today I still have the nervous feeling but it doesn't really deter me from buying. I just go on like normal. People buy them all the time. It could be for others or themselves. The cashier doesn't immediately expect it to be for you.

Although it did get easier over time, I struggled with it for years. Once I had a car, I went to out of the way stores and typically got it done. Even then, I would sometimes fail due to too many people in the aisle even after waiting or the lines would be too long at the cashier or something would just feel off. I finally got past it entirely for single bag purchases and it became almost distressingly dull.

The only time I felt a rush like I used to have is when Depends Fitted Maximum Protection were getting swapped out for Depends Protection with Tabs and Walgreens massively discounted them. I wound up hitting a number of stores to clean them out and for whatever reason, coming up to the checkstand with more than one bag brought up some of those old feelings again. They sure didn't stop me from buying $5 bags of diapers I liked, though.

To the OP: it will come in time. The vast majority of people don't care what you're buying or what you're up to. Case the joint quickly, get your item, buy it, and be on your way to enjoy your purchase. Buying online is going to get you better products but I still enjoy the hunt for retail when possible.

Thanks Everyone for your responses really helped :) Managed to finally buy some today at a local pharmacy. She was nice didn't ask much however in my haste I picked up tena discreet pant which I now find out are basically like a white version of depend pants which means no leak guards argh!!! Where do companies get the idea that no leak guards is brilliant idea. I mean drynites for 15 years work way better then these! Just tried it and leaked all over the bathroom floor. Crap. At least I am more confident buying them. The one good thing that came from this.

Edit: Was pretty annoyed that I just went in to Woolworths and bought some other tena pants however for some reason "medium" isn't the same across all of the tena products so it's pretty big on me lol *sigh*. It does get easier though once you do it once especially in the same day.

Edit 2: It's quite amazing how much more confident in one day I have become. went to another pharmacy just before closing and bought some actual nappy pants I wanted and they fit perfectly. Finally ending on a good note. Thanks again to everyone :)

Last edited:
Keep practicing. You'll get it.

HuggiesGuy said:
Where do companies get the idea that no leak guards is brilliant idea.
cost and the fact that those diapers are made for people with occasional dribbles, not full on 100% incontinence. If you release slowly and in small amounts they work a lot better.

I used to work in a chemist. And we couldn't give a toss about who bought what. Trust me, when you get people asking for the best cream for anal worms... you just look at what time your shift ends! Just go in, with your phone, look as though you're getting them for granny for her crohns or what ever, & just buy them. They'd have 4gotten you by the time you reach the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back