Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyKai

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
If you own Netflix then I'm sure you've seen the new releases today. One being "1,000 Ways to Die". I love this show, it's dark humour is quite funny but this one episode (Season 3 Episode 5) depicted an ABDL. I understand they need to be funny but they depicted it as some sort of disgusting, deviant sexual fetish. And even had some fool on for five seconds claiming to be an ABDL, dressed absolutely ridiculously.

Maybe I'm too easily offended or something but it's very hard to offend me. I don't mind making jokes about myself, my disabilities or anything else really. But it felt too serious. The jokes they were making just felt quite vicious.

I recommend watching it, so you understand what I'm talking about. The "ABDL" segment starts at 8 minutes and 55 seconds in the episode.

If you don't have Netflix, I'm sure it's available online easily.

Please, tell me what you think.

Edit:

I've had a sleep (and a nap lol) and I've realised it's nothing to get offended over. I shouldn't expect our community to get "special treatment" on a show that depicts rednecks as total r-tards, women as complete sluts and men as just... well, dumb. I watched it again this morning and actually saw the funny side of it. Yes, it's offensive but the show is supposed to be offensive.

I guess you could say I was just having a little tantrum. :paci:

I've took a chill pill :chillpill: and I've seen the funny side of it.

Last edited:
I could never really get into the show precisely because of how they hammed everything up way too much and were often unnecessarily disrespectful.

The show could have been good if they had focused on actual interesting deaths and treated it with a bit more seriousness and respect (or at least let the audience draw their own conclusions regarding the idiocy of the people involved). Instead, the premise of the show seems to basically be "hehe, look at all these freaks who did stupid shit and got what they deserved".

Last edited:
If this is about the man being crushed by the crib railing, I thought he was a dumbass. I don't care if he was playing and being a baby. He is an adult and has an adult brain and he chose to act like a I wish I could say the word but it starts with an R.

I tried to find it on Netflix and it didn't show up.

Yeah it was kind of eye opening to me when i saw it. It wasn't as funny when the shoe was on the other foot. At the end of the day though it's just trash tv, it's not something worth getting upset over

I remember that one when it first aired. It got a lot of coverage on this site. My feeling about the show was that everything was a fabrication, none of the stories true. The episode you're talking about was truly ridiculous.

Maybe a good lesson in being careful about laughing at others' misfortune, but otherwise it sounds like it was no big deal. Just people taking anything they could find out of the norm, making it look absurd, and then calling it a day.

It's worth remembering that there are only two good ways to make money in TV. One is to make something amazing, crafted carefully and lovingly over time until it's perfect. The other is to make something as cheap, sensational, and absurd as possible and try to get it out there as fast as you can. The first one is way harder than the second and costs a lot more upfront, sadly.

If you want to see people get offended...tell them that you voted for trump and think he a Presidential god

Actually, there are some true listings of deaths in their 1000 ways, but yeah, most are fabricated or changed from the original.

I remember watching it a long time ago. The narrator calling him a freak at the end did feel like a low blow. Back then I hadn't accepted myself yet, and this didn't exactly help...

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

This is why I want to make characters who are *BDL and put it in stuff not geared toward *BDLs. It wouldn't be in-your-face,bBut I want to blaze trails.

I remember seeing that on TV when it aired and I just came around to accepting myself. I didn't think much of and didn't really care. But I can understand the frustration, I got frustrated over something I wasn't even into one time.

You've got to be able to laugh at yourself... otherwise you shouldn't be watching that kind of stuff. PC for me is a gag over art.

robertabdl74 said:
If you want to see people get offended...tell them that you voted for trump and think he a Presidential god

Really?? Can't you keep your leftist opinions out of this??

Interesting, especially the comment about President Trump (like it or not he is the President). Haters come in all shapes, sizes, genders, gender orientations, species, etc.

Hate it hate. Either someone gets it or they don't. You can't say something offends you because it promotes hate against what you believe in and in the same "breath" state that you hate something that you don't believe in. Everyone is different (thank heaven, or whatever you believe in) and we need to accept that fact to continue as a society, and a species, by the way. Yes, there is s--t on TV and anywhere else someone states an opinion. The way you combat this is to tune it out and promote the positive but just ignoring it doesn't get the job done.

I'm not saying go walking around in a diapee just to prove a point but understand that your life is your own and in the end only you have to account for it. Idiots are always out there and that will never change. Stay true to yourself and your character and you will prevail in the end. Apologies if I took this too seriously but the media these days isn't worth what we flush down the toilet. A bit harsh, but I'm done with them. Soap box kicked aside.

I apologize, but I really do not watch reality TV, like what was mentioned in the original post.

That 1000 Ways to Die episode gets brought up often on this site. And yeah. The episode with the ABDL is terrible and offensive, but that's just how the show is in general. The ABDL segment is not the only thing they've aired that's mean spirited and offensive. Also, I hope you realize that all the deaths on the show (including the ABDL one) are totally fake.

Yeah, they're very loosely based on real deaths, but they always change so much that it might as well be fictional (Seriously, this technically was a real death. The only thing was that this happened to a real baby. Not an ABDL. But showcasing the death of an infant wouldn't make for a good TV Show). I'd honestly just ignore it. Yeah, it's offensive, but it's just trash TV for the lowest common denominator.

Gsmax said:
And yeah. The episode with the ABDL is terrible and offensive, but that's just how the show is in general. The ABDL segment is not the only thing they've aired that's mean spirited and offensive.
Yup. In particular I also remember the gamer one. Years and years ago when it first came out my dad was watching it and actually called me in to see it and then tried to talk about how he was so concerned I spent so much time at my computer (no idea why, since I've never done anything even remotely close to the levels of obsessiveness required to die from blood clots). I had to explain to him just how fake it was and then show him some actual articles about gamer deaths and then compare and contrast what they did (frequent multiple day stretches of obsessive gaming) vs what I did (the occasional 8 hours on a Saturday with plenty of breaks).

I honestly feel indifferent since they portray everyone as some moron or giant asshat. It'd be different if they only targeted specific groups.

I think I originally saw this episode before I stopped watching the show after a couple episodes, the reason being is that most of the deaths are unrealistic, take a particular death for instance a woman was nagging her husband to mow the lawn he didn't do it so she decides to go do it instead and ends up running over an extension cord resulting in her getting electrocuted. Well nearly all lawn mowers have rubber grips and we all know rubber is not electrically conductive so it wouldn't have killed said person, not too mention even with a bare metal handle there is a good chance of not dying from it either.

Personally I think they could have portrayed our community in a better light, but given that it is just another of those trash TV shows as others have put it, who cares.

Not too mention who even has a crib that size, a smaller one would accommodate an adult easily, I should know I've designed my own from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back