So newb furry here. = /

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
So, well, I've finally come to that conclusion.

Yep, I'm a furry.

Been thinking about it for awhile (more than a year, akshully), and I even gave MYSELF flack. I used to sort of ... make fun of furries in general, mostly the full bodysuit out on public types. The most extreme people. I don't really have a problem with those people, just seemed sort of silly to me. The CSI episode about the furry convention did NOT help. Sorreh, I wish that hadn't been one of my first exposures to the fandom, but it was. Although I made fun of them, I was intrigued.

And deep down I knew that it would be fun to relate to an animal. And now that I've learned plenty of furries don't go that far, I feel more at ease. I didn't want to seem like a poser, like I was just doing it for the attention. And furries don't really think they ARE that animal, re-incarnated, or born in the wrong body ( like I once thought).

Another hurdle I had to overcome was that, well, I didn't relate to a fluffy kitty or bunny, or any feline or canine. I just assumed furries were all dogs/ wolves or cats/ tigers/ panthers, etc. The occasional baby bear.

And as much as I LOVE bunnies, I'm not one. Nor a dog, cat, or bear.

I'm a cow. A cute, fat, pink and black cow. With long eyelashes, and a bow on her right ear. And a HUGE pacifier. (Dunno if Flyffykins wears a diaper yet).
Still working on the name. XD

I read a similar thread about "Does this make me a furry?" and I'm past that.
I just really want to get into it, RP maybe, that sort of thing. My search for websites, even with the filter on the strictest setting, led me to lots of sites that, while were very sexually appealing, were not what I was looking for ( at that moment).

So, I guess a pop culture history lesson, a good place to RP, and acceptance is what I need for now.

Sorry for all that mumbo jumbo, just nervous. I.... I haven't told my boyfriend, Tafshin on here. I think.... well, I'm about 90% sure he'll make fun of me. T_T or not understand. So maybe a "What is a Furry?" FAQ would be nice. :D

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Congrates on your find; and since yoru a cow Pojo's gonna want to adopt you now. :D

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Heh, I never even thought of that XD
I could be his new favorite fwiend.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't really get the adopting thing. *shrug*

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Thankies. ^_^ I thought I'd post hare first, since already know quite a few of you guys, and are accepting of whatever my level of.... involvement.

Some of the other just for furry sites seemed, so, hardcore. = /

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Yeah, I would love to learn more about how this whole thing got started XD I mean, I know plenty of Native American tribes (and other indigenous people all around the world) have things like totems, spirit animals, and what have you.

I guess I'm interested in the current furry fandom, and how the internet helped fuel it ( Well, I'm assuming it did).

And, conventions. I would love to go to one. ^_^

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
and how the internet helped fuel it (Well, I'm assuming it did.)
Step 1: one person who is a furry logs on.
Step 2: another person who is a furry logs on and talks with person 1 about it.
Step 3: they become friends and talk even more about it
Step 4: repeat steps 1-3, and there ya go, over a few years, furry fandom created xD

Rakai

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, , Carer
well Rainbow a good podcast that may help you figure out some stuff clawcast.com the second cast of which is a general what is furry and they've done the history and everything. Furries are often found on IRC in the furnet and anthrochat servers. feel free to contact me for more info bout any of those. there's always me remember I only live and hour or so away and you live really close to an upcoming con here in Oklahoma at the end of October. contact me for details on that dear I'd love to see you there. well for alot more info just PM on here hun I can direct you to some local furry groups and all sortsa stuff.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Step 1: one person who is a furry logs on.
Step 2: another person who is a furry logs on and talks with person 1 about it.
Step 3: they become friends and talk even more about it
Step 4: repeat steps 1-3, and there ya go, over a few years, furry fandom created xD

But surely they didn't call it that? lol

@ Rakai! Awesome! I will definitely message ye and try to get into the groove of this whole thing.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
bleh, yea what i said was basically a common sense summary of how it happens. Yea, im fairly new to the furry community myself. I am a wolf pup, and people say that the canine or feline species is quite common and people lack orginality, but the reason i picked a wolf is because of what it normally symbolizes, and what it symbolizes is a major part of my personality.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
I think people who pick a feline or canine have to be MORE creative, honestly. Since all the colors have been taken, and there are only so many traits/ characteristics a certain animal really identifies with, you would really have to make your fursona dynamic, and be able to make it seem original.

I haven't met any other cows yet, but I know they are out there.

I chose a cow for my own reasons, and what a cow symbolizes to me. Some of them are sorta silly, but that in itself symbolizes me. ^_^
(I'm gonna go more in depth in the thread about it all at some point lol)

Got some good info from Rakai about Oklacon, and plan on going to 3 of the 5 days of it. n_____n

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think people who pick a feline or canine have to be MORE creative, honestly. Since all the colors have been taken, and there are only so many traits/ characteristics a certain animal really identifies with, you would really have to make your fursona dynamic, and be able to make it seem original.

I chose a cow for my own reasons, and what a cow symbolizes to me. Some of them are sorta silly, but that in itself symbolizes me. ^_^

Got some good info from Rakai about Oklacon, and plan on going to 3 of the 5 days of it. n_____n
I think if I was a furry, I would be a cow...Which would be the most obvious thing EVER

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur

I must admit that is true, and cows are adorable :p

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
That's too true. I tried to be creative. That's why my fursona is a gray fox instead of a red fox. And that's why the eyes are sometimes different colors (though it turns out a bunch of people went with that idea already x_x ). I guess my point is.... a person shouldn't pick some obscure animal they don't like much just for the sake of seeming creative. I think that's why some (at least some, maybe not many) people change fursonas really often.... they try too hard to be creative and lose sight of their own interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.