So, need an upgrade, what do you think of the ipod touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've had my ipod video 30gb ever since they FIRST came out and I need an upgrade now. I don't wanna get the 32gb, as I'll get the 32gb iphone next year, but I just need something simple that can play Pandora in the car, so you think the 8gb itouch is worth it?

Also, love the ability to email check XD

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Ummm I still have a 20 gig Ipod photo.. can I have your old one if you upgrade? I'd pay for the shipping. :p (Of course that's if it still works)

Anyways I don't think you should get a new one if you going with a 3G S next year. Since really what do you plan on doing with the touch once you got a 3G S?

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
True. And I'm only going 3gs next year if my credit is enough to where I don't need the deposit. The phone price is ok for me, but that freaken $500 deposit isn't.

Maybe I'll wait unless I happen to find a itouch for free -evil grin-

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The iPod touch is good, but nothing compared to the Archos 5 or the 7 for that matter. If you can live without the gimmicks of the iPod go Archos, and it's also much more media friendly. ;)

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, anyone think my credit would get high enough to let me lose the deposit for the iphone in time for xmas?

My car is in my name, I pay $350/mo for it. The payments are $250/mo, but I've got extra to pay more monthly on it.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I've had my ipod video 30gb ever since they FIRST came out and I need an upgrade now. I don't wanna get the 32gb, as I'll get the 32gb iphone next year, but I just need something simple that can play Pandora in the car, so you think the 8gb itouch is worth it?

Also, love the ability to email check XD

How would you use Pandora in the car if the iPod touch uses wi-fi hotpsots?

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
  1. Private
You can't play Pandora in the car on a Touch. It uses Wi-Fi, not the cellular network. You need an Internet connection to get Pandora, and unfortunately Wi-Fi doesn't work quite right when you're in the car.

Unless you're intent on owning a jailbreakable device, there's not much point in buying the iPod touch now especially if you plan to turn around and get an iPhone next year. Besides, if you wait a couple months, Apple will probably release a new version of the touch with more kickass features (one rumor I heard was a camera).

Seriously, the Video (5th gen) is probably the best iPod they've released to date. Drop dead simple, hackable, and lots of storage.

--Danny :ninja:

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
You can't play Pandora in the car on a Touch. It uses Wi-Fi, not the cellular network. You need an Internet connection to get Pandora, and unfortunately Wi-Fi doesn't work quite right when you're in the car.

Unless you're intent on owning a jailbreakable device, there's not much point in buying the iPod touch now especially if you plan to turn around and get an iPhone next year. Besides, if you wait a couple months, Apple will probably release a new version of the touch with more kickass features (one rumor I heard was a camera).

Seriously, the Video (5th gen) is probably the best iPod they've released to date. Drop dead simple, hackable, and lots of storage.

--Danny :ninja:

that's what I am saying though if you need/want a cell phone and want to upgrade from a older model then the iPhone is worth it. Asides for AT&T but that's a different story. I got Linux on my Ipod photo, though I can't do much on it, even it's video sucks. Sure it can play Doom but I got a DS flash cart that's able to play monkey island.

----------------
Now playing: Deftones - Change (In the House of Flies)
via FoxyTunes

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My phone contract runs out in a year so meh. But if my credit gets up there in 6 months, I'm gonna break down and buy me one damn it for xmas. Been wanting one since they came out and my mom kept renewing this crappy contract lols.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]The general opinion of the iPod Touch jailbreaking community is the new iPod Touch will be released late August, early September.

Your choices are:

Wait until then, and buy a new, much more powerful device (capable of running PS1 games at full speed) but wait for a jailbreak (it took 6 months for the 2g).

Buy now. Definite jailbreak, but only 2/3 of the processor speed, and a much crappier graphics chip.
[/font]

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My phone contract runs out in a year so meh. But if my credit gets up there in 6 months, I'm gonna break down and buy me one damn it for xmas. Been wanting one since they came out and my mom kept renewing this crappy contract lols.

The Iphones been out for like what 2 years right? Yet they already have 3 distinct different versions, each passing one better the the last. It's true this happens with everything but apple does it at a much higher rate. that's another reason why you should wait, plus AT&T is still installing the real 3G stuff. Until then you might be stuck on "EDGE".

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My uncle had one and pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm going to get it tomorrow. $100 for the 16gb version, WOOT

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
My uncle had one and pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm going to get it tomorrow. $100 for the 16gb version, WOOT

You heard where it was said that you can't listen to your Pandora in the car, right?

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yea, I was getting mixed up with the wifi and 3g lols. But yea, $100 for a 16gb 2nd gen. I think I'm good lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.