So.... Monday... = A new Laptop for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I'll be getting one from Aarons. Yeah I know its a rip, but whatever.
I have a 667 Mhz Celeron than barely runs Windows 2000. ( My old laptop ) so I will be upgrading to a Dual-Core and Vista. My main concentration is on the graphics in the laptop, so whichever laptop has the best graphics I will be buying.

Wish me luck, I'll post pics :p

Also, anyone experienced in car stereo stuff? I want to hook my MP3 to my car stereo.. its stock... but...
I had a friend who did it with some device he plugged into the cig lighter ( and since I don't smoke... )

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Why don't you just buy one off Newegg? I am pretty sure they will be much cheaper. Also isn't Arron's a place where everything is pretty much Rent-to- own?

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Yes, it is, but its cheaper than the other places. Also the only one who has new Laptops.

$875 isn't bad for 12 monthly payments. Really.

And right now I don't have the cash to buy one off Newegg. I know it would be cheaper. But... Eh.

I do need to get some credit.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
your paying nearly twice as much as you would at Newegg or even dare I say it, bestbuy. Really just hold off save your money and actually spend wisely. I am pretty sure you can go without a laptop for 2-5 months.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Actually I can't. I need one for starting college. I'll be starting in June, instead of August, but will be going only part time. One of the requirements for the courses I am taking is a Vista Buisiness laptop with a 12-cell battery.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Gotta love college courses that put rediculous requirements on broke students.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Exactly... LOL

at least its not as bad as it seems.. I have a Copy of Vista Buisiness, and a License for it. Also I found a website selling the batteries for $76.99 for the laptop I am buying. And of course will have the 6-cell battery it came with... they want 12-cell because classes can run long and there is no plugs where the class is at... WTF? So basically if I forget to charge my computer I'm going to be screwed!

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
But Monday is MY birthday... Why don't I get a laptop T_T

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
12Cell? Give the college your medical bill for your poorly back. Personally. Why do you need a laptop? Pen and paper not good enough? I don't get it?

As for Mp3 player, if you don't want to break anything. There are FM transmitters you can buy to plug into your MP3 player and just tune in your radio.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I dont understand it either. I am taking LAW ENFORCEMENT, why does that require a laptop!

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I dont understand it either. I am taking LAW ENFORCEMENT, why does that require a laptop!

I don't know what it is with US colleges and seeing Lectures filled with student's and their laptops. Here, at my Uni, You use pen and paper. If you can't if whatever reason, say due to poor handwriting or spelling. You may use a laptop. But that's still like 1 in 200 or so students. I find laptops very distracting, surely you can bring in printed notes, or they'll be handed out (after all, your paying for this education, tell them to increase their printing budget!). And I have a small note pad for a to-do list. Be it visit so and so link, or drop XYZ an email.

If anything, I'm sure you can live without a new laptop and keep your old one for word processing and web browsing for a week or two at the start of college. And get a new one if you really need it. With Technology, It's better to wait, things become cheaper over time and there may be an offer on.

Also, avoid buying on credit, you're a student. You need to save every penny you can get!

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Well.. went good, got myself a nice COMPAQ. Its got an 8200.. not bad. Dual Core 1.9 AMD ATHLON, 2GB RAM, 160 HDD...

Status
Not open for further replies.